Codename Phoenix For OnePlus 5/5T by siankatabg

Search This thread

OldMid

Feb 5, 2018
Hello,
I'm from Liquid Remix, and I can't get started with this rom.

I have performed the following operations in TWRP (codework's one)

Full wipe (all except Internal Storage)
Flash : Codename-Phoenix-NOS-8.1-oneplus5t-20180222
Flash : open_gapps-arm64-8.1-micro-20180225-UNOFFICIAL
Reboot

At startup, I have the message "Google Play Services Has stopped" and I can't make the initial setup.
EDIT : "process android.process.media" force close too.

Do you have any idea what might cause this?

Thank you very much.
Easy fix make sure to hit add zip when flashing ROM, and flash gapps at the same time you flash ROM. Flash both at the same time

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

janis_dschi

Jan 14, 2014
Is is possible to impement ambient display with the ability to adjust the brightness? Ambient display now is very dark

DocRambone

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
"[Stable] - On my end till now
New builds are up!

Changelog:

Nitrogen updates highlights since the last build:
* Battery: added square style
* More themes fixes

Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
* Of course the latest Flash kernel 3.12 (Go give your thx to Nathan, don't be an ***)
* Again ROM side Wi-Fi changes for supporting the latest Flash kernel and to be inline with LIneageOS
* Small shutdown optimizations
* Added Navigation bar QS tile
* AOD/Doze brightness was bumped a bit (should be good now)
* Added latest Amir's Pixel launcher v3.2 (Thx to him for all his work :) )

ROM Downloads:

OnePlus5:

OnePlus5T:

Firmware/Modem Downloads:
YOU DON'T NEED TO FLASH FIRMWARE!

Gapps unofficial OpenGapps for 8.1:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/unofficial-opengapps-8-1/

Recommended to use the latest Codeworkx or BluSpark TWRP (for 8.1) which fixes the data decryption (with pin/pattern) on encrypted phones in TWRP:
You can find them in XDA.

Flashing Magisk with the ROM might lead you to bootloop/black screen. It is recommended to flash Magisk after the initial boot of the ROM."

cubandanger05

Dec 22, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Flashed new update. So far so good. Magisk survived the flashing (it didn't used to before) but wasn't passing safety net so I installed it again from within the app, rebooted, and its all good now. Need to try NFC, wasn't working on previous release with Google Pay.

Update: NFC still not working ☹️ for me

Last edited:

ArdeX

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere
Flashed new update. So far so good. Magisk survived the flashing (it didn't used to before)...

Interesting - Magisk has always survived all the dirty updates for me. I've just downloaded the new ROM, flashed it in TWRP, wiped dalvik/cache and that's it. I've never had to uninstall/re-install/downgrade Magisk at any point, and I've always had the latest Magisk versions installed (15.3, now 16).

cubandanger05

Dec 22, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Interesting - Magisk has always survived all the dirty updates for me. I've just downloaded the new ROM, flashed it in TWRP, wiped dalvik/cache and that's it. I've never had to uninstall/re-install/downgrade Magisk at any point, and I've always had the latest Magisk versions installed (15.3, now 16).
I don't usually wipe dalvik and cache, that was probably my issue there.

Pshemo__

Jul 29, 2015
Reda
OnePlus 8T
I don't see Google Smart Lock features under "Location and lockscreen" in settings. Can you guys help me?

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

MamaSaidWhat?

Nov 18, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Anybody having issues with media playback on the new (27th) build after a dirty flash? YouTube videos lag and stutter, Spotify playback is delayed and patchy. Had to revert to the 22nd build.

I use Viper and the stereo sound mod for 5T but they've never caused any issues on any other build (or a dirty flash to another build) so I can't see it being them causing the issue.

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Flashed new update. So far so good. Magisk survived the flashing (it didn't used to before) but wasn't passing safety net so I installed it again from within the app, rebooted, and its all good now. Need to try NFC, wasn't working on previous release with Google Pay.

Update: NFC still not working ☹️ for me

That's interesting. Magisk patches the boot.img and the ROM.zip flashes a new one. The app will still be there- Did you guys check root?
Full functionality should not survive. Unless, of course, Flash Kernel has Magisk code built in.

Last edited:

cubandanger05

Dec 22, 2009
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
That's interesting. Magisk patches the boot.img and the ROM.zip flashes a new one. The app will still be there- Did you guys check root?
Full functionality should not survive. Unless, of course, Flash Kernel has Magisk code built in.
That's what I thought too. No I didn't check root, the app didn't ask me to install magisk either which I thought I did before.

It seems as if no one here uses NFC, do you have any issues with it?

xXxGeek

Dec 3, 2012
Beer Capital
Anybody having issues with media playback on the new (27th) build after a dirty flash? YouTube videos lag and stutter, Spotify playback is delayed and patchy. Had to revert to the 22nd build.

I use Viper and the stereo sound mod for 5T but they've never caused any issues on any other build (or a dirty flash to another build) so I can't see it being them causing the issue.

I did a dirty flash, but didn't notice any issues at all. It might be that I use microG instead of Gapps, maybe Gapps is causing issue?

hassan_1000

Apr 8, 2014
So, I was in CNP but due to the Snapchat issues (takes a very long time to switch cameras and both cameras are extremely zoomed in) I switched between around 8 ROMs. Basically tried most the big ones that are going around XDA and G+.

Today I took the plunge and came back to CNP and I have to say, this ROM has some magic baked in. It is soooooooooo flipping smooth. I have my animations set at 0.3 so this phone is absolutely blazing fast whilst remaining so damn smooth. It's unbelievable.

Bring all your phone's, IDC if it's a pixel or a mate 10 pro or a HTC U11. None of them will be as smooth as this.

That said, as a Snapchat user, my biggest gripe still remains. The camera takes about 10 secs to switch between back and front and the cameras are very very zoomed in. This is the only ROM in which I've faced these two issues. No idea why this is but it is what is it.

I may have to revert back to OB3 because I use Snapchat way too much and it's literally the main app on my phone but props to the developer nevertheless for making this sublime ROM. I hope one day I can return to this ROM with the Snapchat issues gone.

darbylonia

Apr 30, 2011
New York
Loving the square battery icon with percent battery inside!!

I have my animations set to zero making it even more blazingly fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The downloads are available on Telegram only.:cool:
    • The Rom is closed source.:mad:
    • Great ROM.:good:
    • The Developer does not take requests for features (the telegram group is read only).:mad:
    To resolve problems encountered while and after flashing the ROM, please go through this thread, there is bound to be a solution available, posted by the users of this ROM.

March 17, 2018 - Latest Build
    Changelog
    Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
    Changelog:
    * Of course the latest Flash kernel 4.00
    * 05 March security patch (aka android-8.1.0_r18 tag)
    * More substratum updates
    * Changed charging symbol to "⚡️" on both statusbar and ambient display
    * Battery level will be shown on bottom of Ambient display (the switch was removed)
    * Blobs updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * Firmwares updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * NFC ROM side changes to support the new 8.1 based kernel
    * GPS configuration updates and some small other things
    * Added back the new encryption introduced with the February security patch (be sure to update your recovery to the latest available one or you won't be able to decrypt in TWRP!!!)

The Google+ Page is no longer active.

Is there a new update? On telegram it's 15.4?

Given the devs track record an update should probably be out sometime this week or the next at the latest, just my guestimate.

Nah, it's just in a good hibernation period . I don't know, no updates for a month now.

Do you guys think if there's still hope for an update of this ROM? It's been a month... Hopefully it's not dead:(

Wish there was a way to know if there will be an update!

The ROM is not dead. I had a word with siankatabg and he told me that he's already worked on a new build that he's running at the moment. The only issue is that he doesn't really have free time for anything these days, but he'll do another release before he goes for vacation next week. :) Cheers!
    Another Sunday Pnoix update :)

Downloads:
    GDrive: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (If you're fast enough)
    AFH mirror: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY

- Updated Kernel WiFi stack to latest P CAF tag
    - Kernel is now compiled with Clang 8.0.3
    - Alert slider updates (I was bored so I've added Pie like notification when you change the slider mode, also I've added an experimental "Flashlight" and "High Brightness Mode" to the options (I was really really bored, so I might remove them later?...))
    - Fixed Moded GCam v.6.x back cam FC
    - Updated some GApps
    - Some small EAS changes
    - Replaced the old Pixel PowerHAL from Oreo with the new one from Pie (of course with small modifications for better support of our devices)
    - Cleaned up some unused blobs
    - Fixed a "bug" where the big cluster was set to 2.3ghz by default instead of its max 2.4ghz (Due to another OP ****age)
    ——— THE RECOMMENDED FIRMWARE IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE ROM (so STOP asking me this on PM....................)
    - Added Pixel like Lockscreen/AOD weather(If it doesn't show for you, make sure the WeatherClient app has location permission and turn on your device location)
    - "System: * Bug fixes and performance improvements" #OPStyle
    Of course everything from NOS till yesterday like:
    - Bluetooth battery on the status bar (Working fine this time)
    - Optimizations for the OP-like nav gestures
    - Enabled device assertion (now you won't be able to flash the wrong device ROM .zip)

Copied from their Telegram
    One April Sunday build :)

Changelog:
    *April 05 security patch merged (a.k.a. android-9.0.0_r35)
    *Merged 4.4.178 linux stable tag in kernel
    *Force disabled a qcacld wakelock and lowered wakelock time for some others
    *Kernel and WiFi driver updated to LA.UM.7.4.r1-05000-8x98.0 CAF tag
    *Kernel side EAS updates
    *Clang for kernel compiling updated to 9.0.2
    *Fixed some missed selinux denials
    *Alert slider pop-up toast updates (should be faster now)
    *Up-to-date with NOS
    *Probably something small I forgot from the past week

Downloads:
    AFH: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY
    Add-ons: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (ie AOSP dialer with call recording, the volte zip is useless now)

P.s. - GAPPS AND FIRMWARE ARE INCLUDED!!!
    Okay guys, after a long gap, we have an update! :) More information below:
    • Downloads
    • Changelog
      • Latest Flash Kernel v4.25
      • June security patches (a.k.a. android-8.1.0_r32 tag)
      • Removed all experimental OOS camera stuff; now there shouldn't be a delay when switching between front and back cameras; this also means no more Portrait Mode on OnePlus 5 and stock OOS camera
      • Snap camera removed and added the latest Google Camera mod (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8) as default camera with dot/portrait fix; all credits and thanks to @Arnova8G2, @defcomg, @txx1219 and all the people on the OP5/5T Google Camera Mod Telegram Chat)
      • OP5T should now have full screen aspect ratio for apps; no black line on the bottom; untested since @siankatabg doesn't have a OP5T
      • Few changes to the power HAL boost on fling/scroll
      • Fixed the opacity of quick settings menu; wasn't a solid colour even when set to in the quicksetting options)
      • Added vibration feedback to the off-screen gestures; not tested on OP5T
      • Added option for disabling the wallpaper tint on lockscreen, notification shade, recents menu, and power menu
      • Updated clang to for compiling the kernel and ROM
      • Blobs and firmware updated to the latest stable OOS