Codename Phoenix For OnePlus 5/5T by siankatabg

Search This thread

Paradoxxx

Aug 14, 2008
Krakow
have you installed some modules fix with magisk? dot pattern? hdr?

How I can install the firmware file?

Thx :)

Install this with magisk : https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4385234&d=1515593711
Install this apk : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.5.apk

in Settings :

Nexus 6 Auto
Model Pixel 2 XL
In Advanced settings : HDR+ Quality 100%

Would you say that with the Google Camera on this rom, that the quality is equal to OOS? I'm really tempted to try it out I must say, though gauging user opinions before I make the leap...
To be honnest I did not bother to test OOS Camera's at all.

However there are two shots :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ugwm8zcizjrTKX1r1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/S17QqXznjLAE0b5t2

Check them by downloading them, side by side, then see for yourself which one you prefer, one is from my Pixel 2 XL, and the other one is from the Camera posted above. I already made my choice ;)

dariett

Hi, thx for your reply. In the meantime I have already installed the last build and it is preinstalled a gcam version that not have the problem of the dot patterns. The arnova version instead has still this problem. Whit both cameras the touch to focus doesn't work.

It's a great rom but without the face unlock and a full functional gcam I'm coming back to the OB1

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
No
Yes Android has trusted face for many phones and ROMs. Not the same as OnePlus face unlock though it would be nice addition to this ROM

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

How is it not the same? I look at the phone and it unlocks lol. It actually works better than what oos offers.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
I've tried a few ROMs so far for my 5T and haven't been impressed at all. OOS for me has been great in terms of performance and aesthetics. Simply the best. So far.

How does this compare?

DocRambone

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2010
Stockholm
Swapped back to this after trying out new Omni, this rom still the best.
Getting very good battery life: 0,4% / hour in standby and 8 min/% in active use.

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12
Yep, definitely agreed. It's smooth as butter, battery life is great. It feels like my Pixel 2 XL.

I'm highly curious of this!

Is it the case that the OOS camera works on this rom but none of the pro features work, just auto mode? If that's the case then I'd be highly tempted! If HDR and HQ mode still work the same as OOS then this may be time to switch :)

Edit: this has now been answered :)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Just curious, hope someone can answer this...

I'm currently on the Oreo Beta. Is it possible to take a full twrp backup and restore if I choose to return? I only ask as I had tried this when I was attempting to go from 4.7.6 to 4.7.4 a while back and when trying to resort the backup, only 1 or 2 parts of the backup were available, but no system, data etc.

Edit:think I'll be answering my own question here, but I suspect it's because I didn't disable lock screen security prior

Last edited:

Manya1999

Oct 7, 2017
Hi, thx for your reply. In the meantime I have already installed the last build and it is preinstalled a gcam version that not have the problem of the dot patterns. The arnova version instead has still this problem. Whit both cameras the touch to focus doesn't work.

It's a great rom but without the face unlock and a full functional gcam I'm coming back to the OB1
Can you tell which is the pre-installed version without dots?
Or link to that apk?

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
OnePlus 12

Is the auto focus functional and any good? Really torn whether to flash this or not, but likely will jus give it a go today :)

Ippolito1971

Jan 21, 2015
OZARK
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Amazing ROM. Kernel is also quite nice. Great work to the dev team!! I switched my camera to the latest Beta2 and portrait works great on rear camera. HDR working nicely as well with no post processing issues. Very pleased with battery life and doze. All around awesome work. I would like to have the circled battery but not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
Amazing ROM. Kernel is also quite nice. Great work to the dev team!! I switched my camera to the latest Beta2 and portrait works great on rear camera. HDR working nicely as well with no post processing issues. Very pleased with battery life and doze. All around awesome work. I would like to have the circled battery but not a deal breaker.

which camera

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The downloads are available on Telegram only.:cool:
    • The Rom is closed source.:mad:
    • Great ROM.:good:
    • The Developer does not take requests for features (the telegram group is read only).:mad:
    To resolve problems encountered while and after flashing the ROM, please go through this thread, there is bound to be a solution available, posted by the users of this ROM.

March 17, 2018 - Latest Build
    Changelog
    Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
    Changelog:
    * Of course the latest Flash kernel 4.00
    * 05 March security patch (aka android-8.1.0_r18 tag)
    * More substratum updates
    * Changed charging symbol to "⚡️" on both statusbar and ambient display
    * Battery level will be shown on bottom of Ambient display (the switch was removed)
    * Blobs updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * Firmwares updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * NFC ROM side changes to support the new 8.1 based kernel
    * GPS configuration updates and some small other things
    * Added back the new encryption introduced with the February security patch (be sure to update your recovery to the latest available one or you won't be able to decrypt in TWRP!!!)

The Google+ Page is no longer active.

Is there a new update? On telegram it's 15.4?

Given the devs track record an update should probably be out sometime this week or the next at the latest, just my guestimate.

Nah, it's just in a good hibernation period . I don't know, no updates for a month now.

Do you guys think if there's still hope for an update of this ROM? It's been a month... Hopefully it's not dead:(

Wish there was a way to know if there will be an update!

The ROM is not dead. I had a word with siankatabg and he told me that he's already worked on a new build that he's running at the moment. The only issue is that he doesn't really have free time for anything these days, but he'll do another release before he goes for vacation next week. :) Cheers!
    Another Sunday Pnoix update :)

Downloads:
    GDrive: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (If you're fast enough)
    AFH mirror: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY

- Updated Kernel WiFi stack to latest P CAF tag
    - Kernel is now compiled with Clang 8.0.3
    - Alert slider updates (I was bored so I've added Pie like notification when you change the slider mode, also I've added an experimental "Flashlight" and "High Brightness Mode" to the options (I was really really bored, so I might remove them later?...))
    - Fixed Moded GCam v.6.x back cam FC
    - Updated some GApps
    - Some small EAS changes
    - Replaced the old Pixel PowerHAL from Oreo with the new one from Pie (of course with small modifications for better support of our devices)
    - Cleaned up some unused blobs
    - Fixed a "bug" where the big cluster was set to 2.3ghz by default instead of its max 2.4ghz (Due to another OP ****age)
    ——— THE RECOMMENDED FIRMWARE IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE ROM (so STOP asking me this on PM....................)
    - Added Pixel like Lockscreen/AOD weather(If it doesn't show for you, make sure the WeatherClient app has location permission and turn on your device location)
    - "System: * Bug fixes and performance improvements" #OPStyle
    Of course everything from NOS till yesterday like:
    - Bluetooth battery on the status bar (Working fine this time)
    - Optimizations for the OP-like nav gestures
    - Enabled device assertion (now you won't be able to flash the wrong device ROM .zip)

Copied from their Telegram
    One April Sunday build :)

Changelog:
    *April 05 security patch merged (a.k.a. android-9.0.0_r35)
    *Merged 4.4.178 linux stable tag in kernel
    *Force disabled a qcacld wakelock and lowered wakelock time for some others
    *Kernel and WiFi driver updated to LA.UM.7.4.r1-05000-8x98.0 CAF tag
    *Kernel side EAS updates
    *Clang for kernel compiling updated to 9.0.2
    *Fixed some missed selinux denials
    *Alert slider pop-up toast updates (should be faster now)
    *Up-to-date with NOS
    *Probably something small I forgot from the past week

Downloads:
    AFH: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY
    Add-ons: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (ie AOSP dialer with call recording, the volte zip is useless now)

P.s. - GAPPS AND FIRMWARE ARE INCLUDED!!!
    Okay guys, after a long gap, we have an update! :) More information below:
    • Downloads
    • Changelog
      • Latest Flash Kernel v4.25
      • June security patches (a.k.a. android-8.1.0_r32 tag)
      • Removed all experimental OOS camera stuff; now there shouldn't be a delay when switching between front and back cameras; this also means no more Portrait Mode on OnePlus 5 and stock OOS camera
      • Snap camera removed and added the latest Google Camera mod (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8) as default camera with dot/portrait fix; all credits and thanks to @Arnova8G2, @defcomg, @txx1219 and all the people on the OP5/5T Google Camera Mod Telegram Chat)
      • OP5T should now have full screen aspect ratio for apps; no black line on the bottom; untested since @siankatabg doesn't have a OP5T
      • Few changes to the power HAL boost on fling/scroll
      • Fixed the opacity of quick settings menu; wasn't a solid colour even when set to in the quicksetting options)
      • Added vibration feedback to the off-screen gestures; not tested on OP5T
      • Added option for disabling the wallpaper tint on lockscreen, notification shade, recents menu, and power menu
      • Updated clang to for compiling the kernel and ROM
      • Blobs and firmware updated to the latest stable OOS