Codename Phoenix For OnePlus 5/5T by siankatabg

Search This thread

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
Of course NO , in every dirty flash , you just need : rom, gaps , no_verity zip and if you prefer magisk.

I just flashed magisk alone, do you think I need to reflash the no_verity zip?

Also, is the only way to get face unlock from this rom is to install a separate gapps package that is above nano? Gutted its not included in the roms gapps package. Thanks

rotterdam

Dec 7, 2009
Sorry , the gapps are included in the rom zip , no need flash them separately, and just flash only magisk

Porkey111

Feb 5, 2015
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
I'm getting an issue where my wifi just drops for no reason. Doesn't come back till I go into wifi settings and then it works again. Anyone else have this? I'll just wait for new build today to see if it fixes it.

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
Whats the difference between an encrypted and decrypted device? Is there any performance gain, etc? And is it actually required for this rom to work?

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Mine doesn't have face unlock? Its not in the settings?

Last edited:

MZGSZM

Oct 7, 2017
Hello everyone!

I've been using this ROM now for a couple days and I'm liking most things about it. I looked and searched through this thread quite a bit looking for an answer to a question I had. I've been looking everywhere in the settings app and been unable to locate a place in this ROM that lists the system's current uptime. Is this just not available? I like to be able to see how long it has restarted the phone in case of small problems I run into. Have I maybe just overlooked this somehow?

Thanks!

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Hello everyone!

I've been using this ROM now for a couple days and I'm liking most things about it. I looked and searched through this thread quite a bit looking for an answer to a question I had. I've been looking everywhere in the settings app and been unable to locate a place in this ROM that lists the system's current uptime. Is this just not available? I like to be able to see how long it has restarted the phone in case of small problems I run into. Have I maybe just overlooked this somehow?

Thanks!
Google no longer provides this on Pie. You can use a terminal and type uptime. Something I've never used or looked for.

There's also an app "uptime widget". Why do you need to know this?

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

MZGSZM

Oct 7, 2017
Google no longer provides this on Pie. You can use a terminal and type uptime. Something I've never used or looked for.

There's also an app "uptime widget". Why do you need to know this?

I don't need to know it per se, but it's nice to be able to see that. It really makes me wonder why Google goes and removes things "just because". :rolleyes:

That uptime command will work just fine, thanks.

xocomaox

Aug 18, 2008
Orlando, FL
I don't need to know it per se, but it's nice to be able to see that. It really makes me wonder why Google goes and removes things "just because". :rolleyes:

That uptime command will work just fine, thanks.

I was confused by this as well, once I jumped on Pie. I found it to be a useful thing to know, since you can get a ton of other statistics I questioned why it was removed.

Reactions: MZGSZM

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
I don't use it, but just tried it and works fine. Make sure you have Trusted Face 9 in your apps list. Came with ROM.

How did yours come with it? There is no face unlock option in settings and I don't have the trusted face 9 app? Can I just install an apk and it'll work?

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
How did yours come with it? There is no face unlock option in settings and I don't have the trusted face 9 app? Can I just install an apk and it'll work?
I clean flashed ROM (3 or 4 updates ago), then dirty flash since, 1118 latest. Trusted Face shows up. I did not install any gapps packages. It's a system app, so you need to hit the 3 dots.

You pass safetynet? Not sure that matters, but I do.

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
I clean flashed ROM (3 or 4 updates ago), then dirty flash since, 1118 latest. Trusted Face shows up. I did not install any gapps packages. It's a system app, so you need to hit the 3 dots.

You pass safetynet? Not sure that matters, but I do.

Oh is trusted faces = same as face unlock? I thought face unlock was a completely different algorithm to trusted faces? And where do I find this trusted face 9 app? I don't have it. I've added my face to trusted faces and it doesn't unlock? THanks

Yes I pass safetynet

tcat007

Jul 3, 2011
Austin, TX
Oh is trusted faces = same as face unlock? I thought face unlock was a completely different algorithm to trusted faces? And where do I find this trusted face 9 app? I don't have it. I've added my face to trusted faces and it doesn't unlock? THanks

Yes I pass safetynet
No clue, since I don't use it. I've heard it's not that reliable, so I use fingerprint. Trusted Face 9 should have come with the ROM, since I have it and have not flashed anything else related to it. If you have face unlock, you must have Trusted Face 9 (unless you flashed some other gapps package).

Reactions: valeriee

valeriee

Oct 3, 2013
No clue, since I don't use it. I've heard it's not that reliable, so I use fingerprint. Trusted Face 9 should have come with the ROM, since I have it and have not flashed anything else related to it. If you have face unlock, you must have Trusted Face 9 (unless you flashed some other gapps package).

Okay, thanks for the help! One more question, when I dirty flash an update and thus having to reflash magisk and no verity zip, does that mean it will wipe my data? I thought decrypting wipes data hence why we have to format data before the clean flash of rom and no verity? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• The downloads are available on Telegram only.:cool:
    • The Rom is closed source.:mad:
    • Great ROM.:good:
    • The Developer does not take requests for features (the telegram group is read only).:mad:
    To resolve problems encountered while and after flashing the ROM, please go through this thread, there is bound to be a solution available, posted by the users of this ROM.

March 17, 2018 - Latest Build
    Changelog
    Phoenix updates highlights since the last build:
    Changelog:
    * Of course the latest Flash kernel 4.00
    * 05 March security patch (aka android-8.1.0_r18 tag)
    * More substratum updates
    * Changed charging symbol to "⚡️" on both statusbar and ambient display
    * Battery level will be shown on bottom of Ambient display (the switch was removed)
    * Blobs updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * Firmwares updated to 8.1 from OB6/OB4
    * NFC ROM side changes to support the new 8.1 based kernel
    * GPS configuration updates and some small other things
    * Added back the new encryption introduced with the February security patch (be sure to update your recovery to the latest available one or you won't be able to decrypt in TWRP!!!)

The Google+ Page is no longer active.

Is there a new update? On telegram it's 15.4?

Given the devs track record an update should probably be out sometime this week or the next at the latest, just my guestimate.

Nah, it's just in a good hibernation period . I don't know, no updates for a month now.

Do you guys think if there's still hope for an update of this ROM? It's been a month... Hopefully it's not dead:(

Wish there was a way to know if there will be an update!

The ROM is not dead. I had a word with siankatabg and he told me that he's already worked on a new build that he's running at the moment. The only issue is that he doesn't really have free time for anything these days, but he'll do another release before he goes for vacation next week. :) Cheers!
    Another Sunday Pnoix update :)

Downloads:
    GDrive: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (If you're fast enough)
    AFH mirror: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY

- Updated Kernel WiFi stack to latest P CAF tag
    - Kernel is now compiled with Clang 8.0.3
    - Alert slider updates (I was bored so I've added Pie like notification when you change the slider mode, also I've added an experimental "Flashlight" and "High Brightness Mode" to the options (I was really really bored, so I might remove them later?...))
    - Fixed Moded GCam v.6.x back cam FC
    - Updated some GApps
    - Some small EAS changes
    - Replaced the old Pixel PowerHAL from Oreo with the new one from Pie (of course with small modifications for better support of our devices)
    - Cleaned up some unused blobs
    - Fixed a "bug" where the big cluster was set to 2.3ghz by default instead of its max 2.4ghz (Due to another OP ****age)
    ——— THE RECOMMENDED FIRMWARE IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE ROM (so STOP asking me this on PM....................)
    - Added Pixel like Lockscreen/AOD weather(If it doesn't show for you, make sure the WeatherClient app has location permission and turn on your device location)
    - "System: * Bug fixes and performance improvements" #OPStyle
    Of course everything from NOS till yesterday like:
    - Bluetooth battery on the status bar (Working fine this time)
    - Optimizations for the OP-like nav gestures
    - Enabled device assertion (now you won't be able to flash the wrong device ROM .zip)

Copied from their Telegram
    One April Sunday build :)

Changelog:
    *April 05 security patch merged (a.k.a. android-9.0.0_r35)
    *Merged 4.4.178 linux stable tag in kernel
    *Force disabled a qcacld wakelock and lowered wakelock time for some others
    *Kernel and WiFi driver updated to LA.UM.7.4.r1-05000-8x98.0 CAF tag
    *Kernel side EAS updates
    *Clang for kernel compiling updated to 9.0.2
    *Fixed some missed selinux denials
    *Alert slider pop-up toast updates (should be faster now)
    *Up-to-date with NOS
    *Probably something small I forgot from the past week

Downloads:
    AFH: https://goo.gl/NaxwUY
    Add-ons: https://goo.gl/jF3hCx (ie AOSP dialer with call recording, the volte zip is useless now)

P.s. - GAPPS AND FIRMWARE ARE INCLUDED!!!
    Okay guys, after a long gap, we have an update! :) More information below:
    • Downloads
    • Changelog
      • Latest Flash Kernel v4.25
      • June security patches (a.k.a. android-8.1.0_r32 tag)
      • Removed all experimental OOS camera stuff; now there shouldn't be a delay when switching between front and back cameras; this also means no more Portrait Mode on OnePlus 5 and stock OOS camera
      • Snap camera removed and added the latest Google Camera mod (GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V8) as default camera with dot/portrait fix; all credits and thanks to @Arnova8G2, @defcomg, @txx1219 and all the people on the OP5/5T Google Camera Mod Telegram Chat)
      • OP5T should now have full screen aspect ratio for apps; no black line on the bottom; untested since @siankatabg doesn't have a OP5T
      • Few changes to the power HAL boost on fling/scroll
      • Fixed the opacity of quick settings menu; wasn't a solid colour even when set to in the quicksetting options)
      • Added vibration feedback to the off-screen gestures; not tested on OP5T
      • Added option for disabling the wallpaper tint on lockscreen, notification shade, recents menu, and power menu
      • Updated clang to for compiling the kernel and ROM
      • Blobs and firmware updated to the latest stable OOS