[COG2-N910T/W8] TEKXnesis N4 URv1.1 > 8/09 NOTE4/EDGE/S6 LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 > TEKHDway!

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
Aug 7, 2008
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Area 51 █
Hi Tek,
Is this rom going to be the future?

Same question here. @TEKHD

The future is all ROMS... lol I will continue to update all ROMS... so no matter if you are at TEKXodus, TEKXnesis, or the Gift... I have plans to keep updating them all. (Nobody is left behind)

By the way... URv1.2 Soon!

Last edited:

ljwnow

Jul 24, 2007
The future is all ROMS... lol I will continue to update all ROMS... so no matter if you are at TEKXodus, TEKXnesis, or the Gift... I have plans to keep updating them all. (Nobody is left behind)

You are the man. I don't know where you got all the energy but thank you so much. You and your ROM is the only reason of me keeping this Note 4. By the way, may we please know what your next phone is?

chispas109

Dec 29, 2010
All right anyone here give me a hand. I came from the note 3 so i am new to the note 4
Well this what happened. I enabled the activation lock feature and i tried to reboot to twrp and got a black screen with a message "custom binary blocked by reactivation lock"
So now phone is just stuck there. It does not boot to the os.
What exactly happened?

chipworkz

Dec 28, 2011
All right anyone here give me a hand. I came from the note 3 so i am new to the note 4
Well this what happened. I enabled the activation lock feature and i tried to reboot to twrp and got a black screen with a message "custom binary blocked by reactivation lock"
So now phone is just stuck there. It does not boot to the os.
What exactly happened?

That is a known issue and you should ALWAYS make sure you have it turned off when flashing.

Take a look at this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-tmobile/help/reactivation-lock-soft-brick-t3144253

Also take a look at @TEKHD 's guide it is the very first step.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-tmobile/general/easy-steps-stock-odin-n910tuvu1anih-cf-t2903733

Reactions: chispas109

chispas109

Dec 29, 2010
That is a known issue and you should ALWAYS make sure you have it turned off when flashing.

Take a look at this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-tmobile/help/reactivation-lock-soft-brick-t3144253

http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...sy-steps-stock-odin-n910tuvu1anih-cf-t2903733
Perfect. Thanks for replying. Now i know. Only one question i have before i do the procedure. Am i going to have to reinstall rom or will this fix it?

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Take a look at this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/not...sy-steps-stock-odin-n910tuvu1anih-cf-t2903733
The flashing of twrp via odin is failing. So i am still stuck.

Edit: never mind.

Last edited:

domhall

Jul 20, 2006
TEK... Can this be loaded on the N910T3 (DOG1)? I'm loving the T3 base you put out (flashed that one right outta the box lol) but I'm am SO missing Xposed and all your other tweaks!!!

I do see now after looking that the file structure is a lot different... Going to take some time probably!

Last edited:
K

kbythwood

you can, but not with the files included inside system/mods on TEKXodus N4...

The 6 launchers in TEKXodus are all integrated... what you see in system/mods/Launchers are just scripts (switches) that enable/disable the launchers... (the files do not include the actual Launcher)

Give me time... Launchers are one of the 1st things arriving to TEKXnesis... TEKXnesis is still using Pampers...

HI love your work?
I on ROOTED DOG1
Is still possible for me to I flash TEKXnesis or your COD6 Rom?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using XDA Mobile App

ArchangelRenzoku

Mar 16, 2011
Tacoma, WA
To fix Netflix there is a better way that @faslane reminded me, its been around for a long time, delete the file below with esfileexplorer or similar app. That's all. Then reboot. It is very simple . And it has been a known fix for ages.

system/vendor/lib/Liboemcrypto.so

Yeah when I first booted up the rom, Netflix's newest version didn't work. So I used the older apk you guys posted. That worked fine. So I thought it'd be okay to update it. Didn't work after that. So I reverted to the old version and confirmed it was working again. Tried your fix removing that .so file and now the newest version is working fine so thanks for that.

Reactions: TEKHD and serv380

electech_poc

May 10, 2010
Denver
Does WiFi hotspot work on this? Was trying to use it but not showing up. It goes through the motions of checking account verification (which I have) and shows hotspot active, but it is not showing up when I look for it on my laptop.

Reactions: mlock420

ArchangelRenzoku

Mar 16, 2011
Tacoma, WA
So I'm trying to get my fingerprint linked together with my paypal app. Once I get to the screen where I'm supposed to link them, I'll hit the button and all I get is "Fingerprint bind failure". I assume it's trying to install FIDO ready support and the NNL Fingerprint software (which won't install from the play store unsecurely - or using a direct link). Is this something I can only do on the stock kernel or what?

Update: I did install the stock kernel and now it's functioning fine so I'll bet that was it. Now that it works, I'll go back to Emotion and see if it still works.

Uodate: Found out it does not work on Emotion kernel so that seemed to be the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: sktrgal

rajil.s

Nov 8, 2012
I am trying to debug wifi isssues on my device. Unfortunately, logcat doesnt produce any output even with root permissions. Is logcat intentionally disabled in this Rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [COG2-N910T/W8] TEKXnesis N4 URv1.1 > 8/09 NOTE4/EDGE/S6 LOLLIPOP 5.0.1 > TEKHDway!

> > > TEKXnesis N4 URv1.1 (USA-N910T / CANADA-N910W8) THIS ROM IS BASED ON NOTE 4 COG2 WITH SOME NOTE EDGE / S6 MODIFICATIONS < < <

ROOT & RECOVERY GUIDE BY SOMEONE CALLED @TEKHD CAN BE FOUND IN GENERAL SECTION (STICKY ON TOP) . . . HERE

-> TEKXnesis N4 is based on T-Mobile NOTE 4 COG2 (Yes, WiFi Calling!)

TEKXnesis.png

FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH GearVR / Gear S
    img20150416_090848.png

divider-line1.png

KERNEL HIGHLIGHTS:

divider-line1.png

DOWNLOAD AREA:
    -> MORE THAN HALF A MILLION VIEWS and just 500 THANKS??? CLICK THANKS!!!

TEKXnesis URv1.1 (N910T)
    URv4 Code Name: "Multi Edition"
    HOW TO INSTALL URv1.x ON CANADIAN N910W8 ADDED TO POST #4 (NOT YET)

TEKXnesis N4 URv1.1 ROM (FULL): -> NOW AVAILABLE!!!
    MAY TAKE LIKE 15 MIN. FOR INITIAL BOOT OR EVEN MORE! NORMAL
    -> ATTENTION - ABOUT URv1.1 -> Dirty Flash? - YES - (if coming from URv1)...
    -> IF you already have Xposed -> The update will delay a bit more.
    -> You have to re-flash Xposed after each update.

DOWNLOAD ROM HERE (Current Version Series 1.1 -> URv1.1) -> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347790812

ROM COMES WITH EMOTION KERNEL, HERE IS THE STOCK KERNEL JUST IN CASE
    LOLLIPOP COG2 (STOCK T-Mobile) STOCK KERNEL -> Flashable ZIP
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789171

HERE IS THE EMOTION KERNEL JUST IN CASE
    http://www.emo-troid.com/kernel-downloads.html

divider-line1.png

INSTALLATION:

STEP -2 - Make sure you are already on STOCK LOLLIPOP COG2 BASEBAND/MODEM/KERNEL... if not, Install this FIRMWARE FIRST VIA ODIN!

FULL LOLLIPOP COG2 (STOCK T-Mobile) FIRMWARE
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347789159

STEP -1 - Follow this guide: (in order to install custom recovery, TWRP)

STEP 0 - MAKE A NANDROID (always important)

STEP 1 - TWRP -> WIPE -> ADVANCED WIPE and do this 3 times... (see image below)

20150320_144146_2.png

STEP 2 - Install ROM... (May take like 15 min to boot the first time)

Done... (SuperSU is working already...) ]

Now, reboot...

divider-line1.png

CHANGELOG:

URv1.1 (Ultra Release v1.1) @TEKHD
    - StageFright Patch Integrated
    - Xposed Added to system/mods

URv1 (Ultra Release v1) @TEKHD
    - Smaller Clock Size (Status Bar)
    - Private Mode Fully Operational
    - Notification & Status Bar RE-Design (Home + Power) -> TEKHD Style
    - SecSettings RE-Design -> TEKHD Style
    - New apns-conf.xml
    - Ultra Mega Advanced & Re-designed Power Menu -> TEKHD Style
    - SFinder and Quick Connect removed from Notification Panel
    - 3 Minit Battery MOD - Don't like 3Minit? -> system/mods/Themes (Flash Virgin Theme)
    - Viper4Android FX
    - AdAway
    - LMT
    - init.d Ready
    - New Tapatalk -> TEKHD Style
    - External SD Card Write Fix
    - Signature Verification Disabled (Duhh)
    - Toggles in Rows of 6 instead of 5 -> TEKHD Style
    - S6 Style Toggles
    - New HTC & Custom Sounds Included -> TEKHD Style
    - Stability Fix - Undisclosed MOD
    - NO SIM ALERT removed when no sim inserted
    - About Screen Updated
    - Build.prop Update/Cleanup
    - Modified Hosts File - Absolutely no Ads
    - Deodexed
    - Debloated
    - SuperSU

CREDITS:

Code/Ideas/Guides/ -> @OvrDriVE
    Root -> @Chainfire
    Banners -> @free2saute, @PapaMag
    Awesome S6 Ports -> @Goldie
    Awesome Development Guides -> @kmokhtar79
    Theme Code Logistic -> @Aumaan
    Multi-Window Code Support -> @robocik & @kmokhtar79
    Inspiration -> @AxAtAx, @force70, @kevp75
    New TEKXodus Wallpaper! -> @PapaMag
    Dolby -> @thereassaad
    Festival Effects (Very Important Missing Smalis) -> @balliboxer
    Awesome Canadian Guide -> @note4me
    Canada Data Fix -> @iB4STiD -> Great Developer!
    BioShock Kernel -> @Jamison904
    Fonts / Theme Pack! -> @OvrDriVE
    Stagefright Vulnerability Fix -> @kmokhtar79 -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...stagefright-vulnerability-fix-note-3-t3175087

SPECIAL THANKS

@Jayster0966 -> Gave Link for a StageFright Patch and alerted everyone!

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
    thanks.png
    Hi Tek,
    Is this rom going to be the future?

Same question here. @TEKHD

MODS
    ATTENTION!!! - YOU HAVE MODS INSIDE -> SYSTEM/MODS

- Xposed
    - Virgin mod (stock statusbar)
    - TEKXnesis Stock SystemUI (Revert to TEKXnesis stock statusbar/theme)

How to Flash?

Quick Instructions:

TWRP -> Mount System -> Install -> Navigate to system/mods -> Flash

Step by Step Instructions:

Step 1, in recovery hit Mount.
    Step1.png

Step 2, select system so it has the check mark.
    Step2.png

Step 3, hit Install.
    Step3.png

Step 4, Make sure you are on Internal Storage and if see a screen something like this, hit (Up A Level)
    Step4.png

Step 5, Scroll down and hit system then scroll down again and hit mods.
    Step5.png

Step 6, Choose which type of mod you want to install and hit that folder.
    Step6.png

Step 7, Now hit the specific mod you want to install.
    Step7.png

Step 8, Swipe to flash the mod like you install any other zip.
    Step8.png

Step 9, Hit Reboot System and you are all done.
    Step9.png

Original Guide by @chipworkz found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=4121
    Please take 15 seconds and click Thanks to @chipworkz (Great Guide!)
    I know it is early in the game, just wondering is it possible to flash your Note Edge launcher mod from your other rom on this? Got so used to that that the regular touchwiz launcher looks weird now lol.

you can, but not with the files included inside system/mods on TEKXodus N4...

The 6 launchers in TEKXodus are all integrated... what you see in system/mods/Launchers are just scripts (switches) that enable/disable the launchers... (the files do not include the actual Launcher)

Give me time... Launchers are one of the 1st things arriving to TEKXnesis... TEKXnesis is still using Pampers...
    ok soooooooooooo this cog2 firmware since you guys are trying it out, what is the major difference from cod6? does it make the phone faster? better battery? makes coffee and cleans the house? what are the differences if any?

Well, at least I can confirm some minor fixes here and there... For example, the Samsung Keyboard is finally working like it should on COG2, no FC's... On COD6 TEKXodus I am using another non stock Samsung Keyboard in order to fix the issue....
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone