[Collection] Firmware/ROM Full File For Galaxy Note 8

Search This thread

ptheguy

Feb 4, 2018
Hi Thank you for hosting the firmware
I have tried this N950U1UEU1AQI5_N950U1OYM1AQI5_ATT_7.1.1_FULL.zip (3,0G) but you posted that as ATT. (there is no ATT bloatware at all)
I figured it out by N950U1 = No Carrier and N950U is carrier like verzon/ATT/TMB

this is Unlocked US version Note 8 like SM-N950UZKAXAA and sold by Samsung Direct or best buy so far .

Hey I have an issue with my stock firmware on N950UZKAXAA model. I want to flash the stock Samsung firmware that came with the phone. Odin fails to flash any N950U1 firmware, however, so I'm confused as to what to do. You seem to suggest N950U1 firmware is for my model, but I cannot flash that. Can you help please? My original post is here.

car2carl

Dec 8, 2015

BSAVAG3

Sep 30, 2014
Wherever you extract the main Odin exe, there is a config.ini accompanying it...op-ed the config file in a text editor like notepad++ and find ums/patch and change from 0 to 1 then hit ctrl+s to save...

That's it

Ok, so I found it and got it edited, but I am still receiving FAIL when trying to flash my SAMFAILV3 root back to Stock VZW. Any other suggestions?

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley
Ok, so I found it and got it edited, but I am still receiving FAIL when trying to flash my SAMFAILV3 root back to Stock VZW. Any other suggestions?
You need to flash the original carrier firmware...if VZW is the brand of device...then ensure that the firmware is the VZW 3BRA5 and not the Unlocked VZW firmware...

N950USQU3BRA5 not N950U1UEU3BRA5

Then ensure that you are using USB 2.0 not 3.0 port on PC

Run Odin 3.12.7 as administrator and ensure that Odin can see the device, it will show that the device is added...

Then load BL for BL slot, AP for AP slot, CP for CP slot, CSC (not HOME_CSC) for CSC slot, USERDATA for UMS slot...

Ensure that F.Reset time and Auto Reboot are selected in the options tab...click log tab and then click Start to flash....if it fails screenshot the Odin fail please...

Also if fail, close Odin and reopen as administrator...power off device and reboot into recovery, perform factory reset, then back out to main recovery menu and select boot to bootloader

Connect back to Odin and do same as above but this time also select nand erase and re-partition with the other two and click start...but only if it keeps failing....the PIT is included in firmware so no PIT is needed

Reactions: BSAVAG3

BSAVAG3

Sep 30, 2014
You need to flash the original carrier firmware...if VZW is the brand of device...then ensure that the firmware is the VZW 3BRA5 and not the Unlocked VZW firmware...

N950USQU3BRA5 not N950U1UEU3BRA5

Then ensure that you are using USB 2.0 not 3.0 port on PC

Run Odin 3.12.7 as administrator and ensure that Odin can see the device, it will show that the device is added...

Then load BL for BL slot, AP for AP slot, CP for CP slot, CSC (not HOME_CSC) for CSC slot, USERDATA for UMS slot...

Ensure that F.Reset time and Auto Reboot are selected in the options tab...click log tab and then click Start to flash....if it fails screenshot the Odin fail please...

Also if fail, close Odin and reopen as administrator...power off device and reboot into recovery, perform factory reset, then back out to main recovery menu and select boot to bootloader

Connect back to Odin and do same as above but this time also select nand erase and re-partition with the other two and click start...but only if it keeps failing....the PIT is included in firmware so no PIT is needed

Ok I believe what I was missing was the USERDATA, I was unsure where to put it.
Giving it a shot and will report back.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Ok, so i got model dismatch fail the One i do have is the U1, I did not see the S3 on this thread. Am i overlooking it?

BlueFox721

Jan 4, 2014
Foley

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Ok, so i got model dismatch fail the One i do have is the U1, I did not see the S3 on this thread. Am i overlooking it?

Yes this is wrong thread...all N950U firmware is in flashing carrier guide

If you Google BlueFox721 switching carrier guide....it comes right up...or just look in the guides for a little blue fox...all my threads have links to each thread at bottom of OP

Reactions: BSAVAG3

BSAVAG3

Sep 30, 2014

Yes this is wrong thread...all N950U firmware is in flashing carrier guide

If you Google BlueFox721 switching carrier guide....it comes right up...or just look in the guides for a little blue fox...all my threads have links to each thread at bottom of OP

Awesome thank you so much for your help.

emrys.himself

Mar 31, 2018
Noob here. (Apologies in advance). I have a Japanese Note 8 (unlocked by carrier). I cannot use the new Bixby features and Samsung Pay is crippled. Can I flash a US stock to enable these features? If so, would this be a good idea or are there potential issues that would cause you to not recommend I do this? (not talking about possible bricking, etc. if I screw it up) --- My goal is to be able to use the new Bixby features without having to wait for when/if it becomes available in Japan and I want to use Samsung Pay while traveling (or does Samsung Pay just start working when the device detects I am in a "compatible country"?). Thank you!!

drsaidalavi

Jul 1, 2012
Please translate this Chinese rom for note 8 SM-N 9500 to English

Hello,

Junior member DOGE_DUDU has downloaded a good rooted ram from www.tomatolei.com and uploaded in the link given below

https://mega.nz/#!S9gG1aKa!EuLWQGodKokwo3a6zpoGm7i6zRU8bOKuZCk6IDvg-aI

I have downloaded it , flashed it in my galaxy note 8 SM-N 9500, HK variant. The welcome screen is in Chinese which may be describing how to flash it . I flashed it by pressing the top button of the 3 buttons at the lowest part of the screen. Everything went smooth, and there is English option in the rom. Only thing is that Google play store and services are missing.
If somebody can translate the welcome scree from Chinese to English, we will get a custom rom with lot of tweaks for this variant of Galaxy note 8. Also please describe how to install Google play store and services.

Thanking you all
drsaidalavi

Kenchinito

Jul 5, 2011
can't find the pit file.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

can someone give me a guide on how to install this? Do I tick repartition? Do I need t find a pit file?

popak

May 11, 2010
sm-n950u1

hello everybody,
i was wondering if i can install stock rom from 950f to 950u1.
or if i can install greek language to my note 8 from usa?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone