1. download the icons
2. copy/unzip to your phones sdcard
3. install Desktop Visualizer, its for free at the market.
4. long press on the homescreen and choose the widget "Desktop-Visualizer". there u can make shortcuts and choose also the size
5. done - have fun
A cheat/trick to easily change an icons set with desktop visualizer (DV):
found out by polstein
Let's say you have 12 favorite shortcuts you use & have DV widgets to.
Make a folder on your SD card called 'Icons'. Make your 12 DV icons point to 12 icons named something like 01.png to 12.png.
Have subfolders in the Icon folder like /sdcard/icons/theme1. Each theme has icons called 01.png to 12.png.
When you want to change all your icons, copy the 12 icons from theme1 to the root of the /sdcard/icons drive (overwriting the 12 files that are there). Reboot phone. Now your new icons are there.
Have as many theme subfolders as you'd like
1. simplies way is to use Launcher Pro, its for free at the market.
3. Install the launcher and make it as your standard
2. download the icons and copy/unzip them to your phones sdcard
4. long press on the dock icon an choose "change icon" then "custom icons"
5. done - have fun
Changing Icons in the Appdrawer
i have not tested this way. be sure what u do and allways make a backup of ur system !
The icons themselves are stored inside the individual apk files. You need to open each one, swap out the icon and reassemble it. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds.
1. Tools you need
7zip Download the appropriate version for your PC.
The original copy of the Fresh ROM you used to flash your phone.
The icons you want to change.
2. Create a working folder on your PC.
3. Using 7zip, open the Fresh ROM zip file. Navigate to the system/app folder inside the ROM. Highlight ALL the .apk files, and drag them into your working folder. Close the Fresh ROM zip file.
4. Decide on which icon you want to change first. I'll use the Browser as an example.
5. Use 7zip to open the Browser.apk you pulled out of the Fresh ROM. Once open, look for the res/drawable folder inside the apk.
6. Inside that folder, look for an .png file named ic_launcher_browser.png . That's the icon that the app uses.
7. Have your new icon ready. It should be 48x48 and a .png file. Make sure it's named ic_launcher_browser.png .
8. Drag the NEW icon into the open 7zip window that's showing the res/drawable folder. Choose yes if it asks you about overwriting the original file.
9. Close 7zip.
The Browser app has now been changed and will show your new icon in the drawer, and on the homescreen if you paste a shortcut. Do the same for each of the apps you want to change the icon of. The icon will always be in /res/drawable, and be named ic_launcher_ **app name**.png
Once you have changed all the icons, you'll have a set of apk files with your new icons. You can push these to the phone one by one from the terminal, or you can create your own update.zip
To push them to the phone (once again Browser.apk will be our example)
1. In your Android SDK/tools folder, make a new folder called icons.
2. Copy the Browser.apk file to the folder you just created.
3. Open the windows command prompt, and navigate to the Android SDK/tools folder. NOT the new folder you just made.
4. Enter the following commands one line at a time:
5. Do the same for each of the apk files you edited, changing the name Browser.apk to the name of the file you're pushing to the phone.
6. Reboot the phone.
7. done - have fun
if your icons in the pack have different sizes or you have trouble with too small icons. copy them to the pc and make them bigger. for example 256*256. or edit them online on www.fotoflexer.com or www.picnik.com . Launcher pro and desktop visualizer will resize them automatically, so they will fit well.
SC 23 Chrome Icons in 5 Colors and in Reflection variations ( 10 sets, 377 icons in each, 3770 total ) with Matching UCCW Clock skins ( 10 total in one zip ) and now Matching UCCW Analog Clock skin ( 5 total in one zip )
The SC 23 UCCW Clock Skins are all ( 10 ) in the attached zip below and the 5 analog UCCW Clock skins as well
To apply the UCCW skin ( download the app from the PlayStore if you have not done this yet )
1) download the zip from the post
2) unzip the zip ( there is a folder in there with all 10 skins )
3) placed the folder ( SC 23 UCCW Clock skins all 10 ) on my device memory not the "ext sd card"
4) open up the UCCW app from the app drawer and hit the menu button on your device and choose "import skin"
5) navigated to the folder ( SC 23 UCCW Clock skins all 10 ) and pick the skin you want from the folder.
6) closed the app
7) add the widget to the home screen and pick the skin you just imported.
8) resize as needed on your browser.
* there is nothing to "rename"
* make sure you have updated your UCCW app recently
All the base Icons ( 10 ) and UCCW clock skin images ( 10 ) are provided in a separate zip attached below use them as you will...........enjoy
Please hit the thanks button if you like them....
Special thanks to Pfaffinator ( I used his app icon images ) and also to vrooden ( I used his Icon Set Builder program ) please thank them as well.