[COLLECTION][N930F] All the latest bootloaders, modems and kernels

Search This thread

SaschaHa

Oct 3, 2008
Hey Note 7 friends!

To make flashing as comfortable as possible, I've downloaded all the latest firmwares and extracted all the important stuff to share it with you.
All the files you can get here are original.
Without telling huge stories, let's get started! :)

Installation
I highly recommend you to backup your EFS / IMEI first. You can do it with EFS☆IMEI☆Backup by wanam. Your device needs to be rooted for that.
Extract the rar archive and flash the tar.md5 file with Odin.
Select 'BL' for bootloaders and 'Phone' for modems. Don't rename the tar.md5 files, because that would change their md5 hash. That's it. Enjoy! :)
If you want to support me, pls hit 'Thanks' or download my apps from my signature :p

Using Odin (for beginners)
1. Prepare Odin with the files, you want to flash.
2. Turn your device off.
3. Now press and hold power, volume down and home button at the same time (and for some seconds) to boot into download mode. Now you will be asked, if you want to continue. Do so by pressing volume up.
4. Connect your device with your PC. Odin should now recognize your device. If not, install Samsung USB drivers and try again.
5. Click 'Start' and wait some seconds. Whe it's done and your device starts booting, you can disconnect your device. That's it.

Modems

Post #2

Bootloaders

Post #3

Kernels

Post #4

Sources / Firmwares

N930F

Tools
Odin 3.12.3
Samsung USB driver 1.5.61

Others
tar-Tool

Last edited:

vz_commo

Oct 10, 2012
flashed all the modems to try and fix a bluetooth issue im having but N930FXXU2BPI5 (September 2016) is the only one that gives me signal, any way to get the others to work?

SaschaHa

Oct 3, 2008
flashed all the modems to try and fix a bluetooth issue im having but N930FXXU2BPI5 (September 2016) is the only one that gives me signal, any way to get the others to work?
Is it a custom rom bases on PI5 or original firmware?
The files here are all extracted from the original firmwares. Bluetooth is almost a driver issue in firmwares. Modems are mostly for special regions, that means, that for example Europe has another modem than America and others. So it can happen that not every modem works properly in each country.

SaschaHa

Oct 3, 2008
As Samsung has finally stopped the production of the Note 7 and delared the device to be dead, this thread will not be updated anymore and I will remove the files soon. It's sad that this great device is dead :/

SaschaHa

Oct 3, 2008
Why remove the files? People still have Note 7's and would easily need them?!
I will wait at least one or two month, until I remove them. So everyone who needs the files, has enough time to download them.

But I highly recommend all customers to not use the device. Samsung itself declares the device as "dangerous". Samsung will not release updates... The device is dead and there is no reason to support it anymore.

ccsuk

Feb 24, 2008
Great guide SaschaHa thanks.
Can anyone answer some newbie some questions for me:
1. Backing up your EFS / IMEI first. But your device must be rooted. Can you recommend a guide to do this? Is this basically unlocking bootloader?
2. Since there is a small chance of return my n7 is there a way of resorting back to the original config and de-rooting so the warranty is still intact? (I understand Samsung aren't to worried about the condition of the n7s but just cautious).
3. Am I right in saying this is not custom rom/ firmware just original released from Samsung if so what file dates in the list should I chose for a Vodafone UK N7? (Modem, Kernel)
4. Do I need to create the tar file with tar-tool before using Odin? ("Extract the rar archive and flash the tar.md5 file with Odin").
5. If I follow the steps to the letter what are the chances of a bricked device. I have read some info about knox which makes me dubious. I may be able to test on an old android device first after researching rom and file location.

Really appreciate any help.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone