Collection of Guides & Mods & Links for Samsung Android 6.0.1

Search This thread

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
So, did it work? Yeah if you have a move already there, you dont really need to keep adding more, unless you were a newbie like me when I started making those roms. But essentially that is the idea, each mod needs to be invoked somehow. Glad I could help out

Yup, you can see the results in the ss ;)
I guess to make it *ahem*, more formal. Here are the steps (and just to clarify, this is NOT MY TUTORIAL, I just took what @thereassaad said in this tutorial and modified it to MM, graceUX in specific):

Decompile SystemUI
Navigate to smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\phone\PhoneStatusBar.smali

Under #Virtual Methods, add this (and pay attention to the note in RED):

Code:
.method setNotiSettDoneBottomColor()V
    .locals 5

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/SystemUI;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-virtual {v1}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "eragon_expanded_switch_bg"  # rc key switch

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-static {v1, v2, v3}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v1

const/4 v4, 0x1

if-ne v1, v4, :cond_0

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mStatusBarWindow:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarWindowView;

const v1, [COLOR="Red"]0x7f0e0098 ##  search for  <public type="id" name="block_and_clear_button_background" id="0x7f0e0098" /> in public[/COLOR]

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarWindowView;->findViewById(I)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v0

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/SystemUI;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-virtual {v1}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v2

const-string v3, "not_setti_done_bottom_bg"  ## rc key color

const v1, -0x171718

invoke-static {v2, v3, v1}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v2

invoke-virtual {v0, v2}, Landroid/widget/FrameLayout;->setBackgroundColor(I)V

:cond_0
    return-void
.end method

After that, in the same smali, look for

Search for:
Code:
"display_battery_percentage"
so you will know that you are on right place
add blue line and be sure green line also there. if not add it too
Code:
    const-string v5, "display_battery_percentage"

invoke-static {v5}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getUriFor(Ljava/lang/String;)Landroid/net/Uri;

move-result-object v5

const/4 v6, 0x0

move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v8, v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mBatteryTextObserver:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar$BatteryTextObserver;

invoke-virtual {v4, v5, v6, v8}, Landroid/content/ContentResolver;->registerContentObserver(Landroid/net/Uri;ZLandroid/database/ContentObserver;)V

.line 1791
    move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v4, v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mBatteryTextObserver:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar$BatteryTextObserver;

const/4 v5, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v4, v5}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar$BatteryTextObserver;->onChange(Z)V

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]move-object/from16 v0, p0[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]    invoke-virtual {v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->setNotiSettDoneBottomColor()V[/COLOR]

Add in ROM control in XML of your choosing

Code:
<com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.MySwitchPreference android:title="Block and Clear bg color Switch" android:key="eragon_expanded_switch_bg" android:defaultValue="false" android:summaryOn="enabled" android:summaryOff="disabled" />
<com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.ColorPickerPreference android:title="Block and Clear BG Color" android:key="not_setti_done_bottom_bg" android:dependency="eragon_expanded_switch_bg" android:defaultValue="\#ffffffff" />

Thanks for the help!

As for the observer, I will try to add it later, for now this will be enough for me and my brain that needs its rest lol

It's overly excited that it worked xD

Attachments

• photo5021560520376952779.jpg
    photo5021560520376952779.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 615
  • photo5023775155838625800.jpg
    photo5023775155838625800.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 615
Last edited:
Reactions: A-Moustafa

vdvdvd

I
I know I can change its color manually, the color is in drawables and all it takes is inputting the new color code, but it would be more interesting to be able to do via RC

In both cases, it compiled correctly and didn't cause any type of FC, but no color was changed

Thanks for reading :)

To Change the Color of a textview or an imageview in a layout-xml via RomControl, you can use this tutorial from venkat kamesh:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/cr...uide-color-icons-text-settings-color-t3429867

The smalis of the Opening thread are older and do not work on newer versions, use the smalis from zidni on page 2, which worked for me on Marshmallow (did not try on Nougat yet).

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
To Change the Color of a textview or an imageview in a layout-xml via RomControl, you can use this tutorial from venkat kamesh:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/cr...uide-color-icons-text-settings-color-t3429867

The smalis of the Opening thread are older and do not work on newer versions, use the smalis from zidni on page 2, which worked for me on Marshmallow (did not try on Nougat yet).
Thanks! I already have this, unfortunately the Block and Clear background isn't textview or imageview ;(
Still usefull though

edzamber

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks! I already have this, unfortunately the Block and Clear background isn't textview or imageview ;(
Still usefull though

To change a bg color you need to invoke Landroid/widget/FrameLayout;->setBackgroundColor(I)V as i use in my method to edit header bg color for exemple

Code:
.method setEditHeaderBgColor()V

.locals 6

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mStatusBarWindow:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarWindowView;

const-string v2, "edit_header"

const-string v5, "id"

invoke-static {v2, v5}, Lcom/android/wubydax/GearUtils;->getIdentifier(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

move-result v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarWindowView;->findViewById(I)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v0

move-result-object v2

const-string v3, "ed_edit_header_bg"

const v1, 0x50506

invoke-static {v2, v3, v1}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v2

invoke-virtual {v0, v2}, Landroid/widget/FrameLayout;->setBackgroundColor(I)V

return-void

.end method

Last edited:

JNTN666

Jan 31, 2017
Quito
please how to fix the wifi icon those small arrows are not put down, only happens when installing themes (the second screenshot is another rom).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180806-225539.png
    Screenshot_20180806-225539.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 998
  • Screenshot_20180806-225718.png
    Screenshot_20180806-225718.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,003

snifing

Mar 7, 2014
Moscow Never Sleeps
www.youtube.com
Samsung Experience Home 9.0.12.8 - 10.0.00.55
application menu - transparent or black
minSdk: '24' - targetSdk: '28'

res/values/integers.xml

transparent
Code:
    <integer name="config_appsBgBlur">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_appsBgDarken">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_appsBgDarkenNoBlur">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_folderBgBlur">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_folderBgDarken">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_folderBgDarkenNoBlur">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_homePageEditBgBlur">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_homePageEditBgDarken">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_widgetBgBlur">1</integer>
    <integer name="config_widgetBgDarken">1</integer>

black
Code:
    <integer name="config_appsBgBlur">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_appsBgDarken">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_appsBgDarkenNoBlur">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_folderBgBlur">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_folderBgDarken">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_folderBgDarkenNoBlur">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_homePageEditBgBlur">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_homePageEditBgDarken">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_widgetBgBlur">95</integer>
    <integer name="config_widgetBgDarken">95</integer>

Samsung_Experience_Home_10.0.00.55_Black_Mod
Samsung_Experience_Home_10.0.00.55_Transparent_Mod
install as normal app and apply the default
minSdk: '26' targetSdk: '27'
removed all languages except en,ru
screenshot - two
10.0.00.79 https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77760304&postcount=2

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 846
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 823
  • Samsung_Experience_Home_10.0.00.55_Black_Mod.apk
    7.8 MB · Views: 150
  • Samsung_Experience_Home_10.0.00.55_Transparent_Mod.apk
    7.8 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

ShocWave

Feb 22, 2011
How to all apps multiwindow

Decompile framework.jar
Open /smali_classes2/com/samsung/android/multiwindow/multiwindowapplicationinfos.smali with Notepad++
Find .method public isSupportApp(Ljava/lang/String;)Z
Find at bottom of method:

recompile and finish

Thanks @Repulsa

This works great, but for some reason, none of the apps sandboxed in Island can be added to multiwindow.
I think Island uses the "work profile". Is there any way of getting these to show up?

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
is there any way to remove the pink/green bar completely...

found the solution as usual soon after posting it...
change the height to 0.0px in 2 files
notification_stack_bottom_bar.xml
notification_stack_bottom_bar_for_block.xml

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.NotificationBottomBarView android:background="@color/normal_mode_bottom_bar_bg" android:focusable="true" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="0.0px"

It was originally "wrap_content"

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Hi guys I successfully added the blur effect on s5 mm stock deodexed rom. Used the power menu blur guide by @karkass. But I think there is a problem. This blur effect is not like the blur effects which comes with n7 s7 ports. Bcoz my blur effect is not dynamic. Not showing the movement under the blur. It is like taking screenshot and making it blurred. But on other blurs you can see the video movement if you launch power menu while you are watching video

And this blur comes too fast, not like dynamic.
This is acer smali

How to make this blur dynamic?

thanks in advance

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Is there any way to port lineage os (cyanogenmod as old name) lockscreen music visualizer to toucwiz marshmallow? Im using s5 exynos stock rom. I want to have it please help me instruct me. At least tell me which file required to be modified; systemui or framework-res.apk or framework.jar or both? What to edit? What is the difficulty?
Thanks in advance

vdvdvd

Is there any way to port lineage os (cyanogenmod as old name) lockscreen music visualizer to toucwiz marshmallow? Im using s5 exynos stock rom. I want to have it please help me instruct me. At least tell me which file required to be modified; systemui or framework-res.apk or framework.jar or both? What to edit? What is the difficulty?
Thanks in advance

Please search at least a little bit on your own, this mod is posted in the op.

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Hello Im using S5 Exynos Stock MM ui. I want to add this text to the navigation_bar.xml on systemui/res/layout. But I tried billions times couldnt set the true format for it. So it is giving xml format error on apktool while recompiling it. Can anyone help me and add the text to the file? Im attaching the file and the text. Thanks in advance
The text need to be added at the end of the xml file. It need to have true format :)

Attachments

• navigation_bar.xml
    9.7 KB · Views: 19

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Here is the what we will do:
Internet speed
Internet speed toogle on --off
Download speed color
Upload speed color

First of all i must say that it is not my smali but i forget who was the owner of smali.But i changed something too .
1.Here download attached smali.
2.Then go and copy smali into smali folder as always.
3.Go to SystemUI/res/layout/statusbar.xml
open it after this lines:

add this:

recompile.
okay everything is okay if u don't want to use toogles then dont do this steps:
Add this lines to Rom control app:

Note:if it doesn't fully fit to your screen just make screenshoot and send me i will rearrange font size and witdh or something for fitting it to your phone
@sheard thank you for this awesome guide bro it is working great on my S5 stock 6.0.1 ui.
But it shows average speed of 3 seconds. Can we set it to show the speed for every second instead of 3 second?
@edzamber @Eleo do you have any idea brothers? Looked into smali but not sure where are the value to change

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts