Collection of Magisk Modules v2

deepu458

Feb 11, 2015
VIJAYAWADA/FRANKFORT
Just delete the module folder.
Hi friends, I am new to this magic stuff. So I was trying the magisk mountzip and flash it under magic manager and modules section. But it thrown an error as it's not a valid magic supported zip.
Or It needs to be flashed in twrp in case of a bootloop and then after go to /magisk folder under twrp and delete the modules?

jhedfors

Oct 16, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Hi friends, I am new to this magic stuff. So I was trying the magisk mountzip and flash it under magic manager and modules section. But it thrown an error as it's not a valid magic supported zip.
Or It needs to be flashed in twrp in case of a bootloop and then after go to /magisk folder under twrp and delete the modules?
Yes, it is to be flashed in TWRP for exactly that reason.

Reactions: culiacanazo

yochananmarqos

Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
www.androideputies.com

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
I don't understand the point of this module now that systemless hosts are integrated into Magisk Manager. I can add any hosts source in Adaway and accomplish the same thing with automatic list updates.
Adaway still doesn't detect it normally. You have to manually set the path and even then, it still yells at you for not having a symlink (which magisk takes care of) and says disabled all of the time. It's just an easier solution really until they update adaway. The sources used in my module include all of adaways and more so your not missing out on anything. I could add an automatic update to it...

Reactions: saturday_night

jascolli

Aug 7, 2013
Adaway still doesn't detect it normally. You have to manually set the path and even then, it still yells at you for not having a symlink (which magisk takes care of) and says disabled all of the time. It's just an easier solution really until they update adaway. The sources used in my module include all of adaways and more so your not missing out on anything. I could add an automatic update to it...
I like your module, thanks. Auto updates would be great!

Reactions: banccalif

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Never had an issue with AdAway. But I do see your point and problems could depend on device.

My annoyance with AdAway's hosts is the inability to go to links that aren't direct links. I can't think of the name for it... Tap a link, a 3rd party handles the traffic likely for data collection, then redirects you where you wanted to go. Are there any tools that bypass this in some way? Otherwise, I either avoid these places or disable the ad blocking in AdAway to get through.

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Never had an issue with AdAway. But I do see your point and problems could depend on device.

My annoyance with AdAway's hosts is the inability to go to links that aren't direct links. I can't think of the name for it... Tap a link, a 3rd party handles the traffic likely for data collection, then redirects you where you wanted to go. Are there any tools that bypass this in some way? Otherwise, I either avoid these places or disable the ad blocking in AdAway to get through.
Other than a whitelist, not really

Reactions: saturday_night

patmann03

Jun 29, 2012
Chicago

Have you tried enabling redirects in the preferences of adaway?

Reactions: bolo19692

Toyeboy

Oct 3, 2012
Hello does anyone know of a module that tricks Google play into allowing a an incompatible app to be downloaded and installed?

Didgeridoohan

Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
For some reason the DPI change module fails to install, but it's recognizes as a proper module. Anyone else having this issue, or should I flash it in TWRP?
What do you mean by "fails to install"? Nothing happens after installing through Manager and rebooting? There's nothing strange with the module from what I can see, so yeah, try TWRP.

---------- Post added at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 ----------

Hello does anyone know of a module that tricks Google play into allowing a an incompatible app to be downloaded and installed?
I guess you can make a module that changes ro.build.version.sdk to a higher value than your current version of Android, if that's the problem. Other prop changes might also be possible to make your device look like another device.

Depending on the app, it might be marked as incompatible for a good reason though...

culiacanazo

Jan 3, 2016
Culiacán
For some reason the DPI change module fails to install, but it's recognizes as a proper module. Anyone else having this issue, or should I flash it in TWRP?
Unzip it. Open the containing folder. THAT CONTENT (after editing) zip back up. Flash. Enjoy.
EDIT: My bad, mea culpa, it isn't one of those that abound

Last edited: