• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Collin_ph battery tweak V3 RC2 is released!

Do you use Collin_ph Battery Tweak?

• Total voters
Search This thread

collin_ph

May 8, 2010
Norman, Ok
primoweb.com
In case you don't already know, this script is written for CM6 roms, but has been ported to many others. The main purpose is to increase battery life and performance of the phone it's running on.

To install, simply download the file in the link below, copy it to your SD card, reboot into recovery and flash it.

As always, the latest version still can get around 24+ hours of battery life with normal usage under CM6 on a HTC Hero.

I only test this tweak on the Hero CDMA, but it's possible that it works on other phones. I really do expect that this will be the last version of V3 and will become "final" one we've verified that it works on all phones.

New features:
Allows disk scheduler changes for even faster disk access.
CFS Tweak (disabled by default) modified to play nicer with GPS.

Collin_ph Battery Tweak v3 RC2: http://www.primoweb.com/froyo/collin_ph_battery_tweak_v3_rc2.zip

Documentation: http://www.primoweb.com/froyo/battery_tweak_v3.html
Please check the doc page often as I've not yet updated the battery tweak from other versions yet.

Please note, if you're new, there is a lot of features that aren't covered here, such as the ability to configure nearly every tweak within battery tweak, so PLEASE check out the docs. If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks to:
Decad3nce for porting rc1 to the eris, and for working with me to develop this release.
Tomatosoup for helping work on the next release which will be called tweaktool.

There's not much there now, but keep your eyes peeled on tweaktool.com -- once that tool is available, it should work on many more phones and be available on the market.

NOTE: Several users have let me know that they are getting marked improved performance by changing the scheduler from "ondemand" to "interactive" through the custom settings. The "ondemand" scheduler is the default in RC2, but will most likely be replaced with the "interactive" scheduler in the final release. You may consider choosing a custom option at this point and changing the scheduler to "interactive". I'd appreciate any input you may have on this subject.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I'm saving up to take my kids to see the last launch of the space shuttle Discovery on November 1st. If you like and use the tweak, please consider donating using the following link:

Or at least upvote my reddit thread :)
http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/dk53y/garage_sale_to_support_taking_my_kids_to_see_the/

Attachments

• collin_ph_battery_tweak_v3_rc2.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,304
Last edited:

tubazeppelin

May 27, 2010
Thanks so much! I'll give this a shot on ZenEXP tonight and let you know how my battery does tomorrow.

So in this update do I still have to run batt-cfg to get everything set up? Also, can I check if it's working the same way? (pidoff bat.sh?)

Macanage

Jun 2, 2010
North Carolina
The Xda "App" on the phone does not show the attached zip that is at the bottom of the forum post.

Probably will have to go to Xda via the browser.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

dean.d

Aug 6, 2010
Works great with cm6 stable. Definitely my preference over setcpu or OC widget. Thanks alot.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

nspot

Feb 29, 2008
So I was looking through the batt.sh code and saw that swapiness was set to 0. Does this imply that paging in/out drains battery?

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com
Is using this tweak with the #14 uncapped kernel ok? should i delete setcpu, before i flashed this tweak i was getting 4.8 linpack after install it went to 3.9 what am i doing wrong lol

nspot

Feb 29, 2008
After going over the script code, I noticed that the governor is set to "ondemand". Does that provide better battery life than "interactive"? Also, what is the purpose of the disk tweaks? When they were enabled, my battery life was horrible. Perhaps because I use Darktremor's A2SD?

Decad3nce

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
After going over the script code, I noticed that the governor is set to "ondemand". Does that provide better battery life than "interactive"? Also, what is the purpose of the disk tweaks? When they were enabled, my battery life was horrible. Perhaps because I use Darktremor's A2SD?

IMO, it really depends on your use.

If you use very intensive applications, you'd want your processor to jump to max right away(ondemand). But lets say that you just unlock your screen to send a quick text, interactive would be a lot better.

Interactive, overall, will always have better battery life. The problem is that it sometimes 'sticks' to the min freq before ramping, making garbage collection crap out something fierce.

nspot

Feb 29, 2008
IMO, it really depends on your use.

If you use very intensive applications, you'd want your processor to jump to max right away(ondemand). But lets say that you just unlock your screen to send a quick text, interactive would be a lot better.

Interactive, overall, will always have better battery life. The problem is that it sometimes 'sticks' to the min freq before ramping, making garbage collection crap out something fierce.

I see. I can't say I've noticed the slow ramp-up with "interactive" before, but the note about garbage collection makes sense. But going back to my earlier question, I noticed that the disk tweaks simply amounted to mounting certain directories to new locations. Still unclear on how these increase performance/battery life.

As an aside, the dalvik VM heap parameter is equivalent to the JVM heap, correct?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In case you don't already know, this script is written for CM6 roms, but has been ported to many others. The main purpose is to increase battery life and performance of the phone it's running on.

To install, simply download the file in the link below, copy it to your SD card, reboot into recovery and flash it.

As always, the latest version still can get around 24+ hours of battery life with normal usage under CM6 on a HTC Hero.

I only test this tweak on the Hero CDMA, but it's possible that it works on other phones. I really do expect that this will be the last version of V3 and will become "final" one we've verified that it works on all phones.

New features:
    Allows disk scheduler changes for even faster disk access.
    CFS Tweak (disabled by default) modified to play nicer with GPS.

Collin_ph Battery Tweak v3 RC2: http://www.primoweb.com/froyo/collin_ph_battery_tweak_v3_rc2.zip

Documentation: http://www.primoweb.com/froyo/battery_tweak_v3.html
    Please check the doc page often as I've not yet updated the battery tweak from other versions yet.

Please note, if you're new, there is a lot of features that aren't covered here, such as the ability to configure nearly every tweak within battery tweak, so PLEASE check out the docs. If you have any questions please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks to:
    Decad3nce for porting rc1 to the eris, and for working with me to develop this release.
    Tomatosoup for helping work on the next release which will be called tweaktool.

There's not much there now, but keep your eyes peeled on tweaktool.com -- once that tool is available, it should work on many more phones and be available on the market.

NOTE: Several users have let me know that they are getting marked improved performance by changing the scheduler from "ondemand" to "interactive" through the custom settings. The "ondemand" scheduler is the default in RC2, but will most likely be replaced with the "interactive" scheduler in the final release. You may consider choosing a custom option at this point and changing the scheduler to "interactive". I'd appreciate any input you may have on this subject.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I'm saving up to take my kids to see the last launch of the space shuttle Discovery on November 1st. If you like and use the tweak, please consider donating using the following link:

Or at least upvote my reddit thread :)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/reddit.com/comments/dk53y/garage_sale_to_support_taking_my_kids_to_see_the/
    I have great news. We are working on a newer version AS WE SPEAK. I fully expect some great news in the next 2-3 weeks max. We'll have a version out on the market. At first, it will have all the tweaks implemented for the hero, but in very short order, we'll be adding more and more specifically for other phones. The great deal is that by making it a market app, it will now work on most rooted phones with no complicated install scripts necessary. Don't worry, several people have expressed concern about it being less optimized by being a market app-- well I'm happy to report that it's just not true. We're taking our time on this release and getting it right.
    Can one use this tweak for Gingerbread ROM (0.1.2) by AOSP?

Hmm..... not sure on 2.3 ;)
    No win im afraid... i need to RUU back and bring it into alltel. Do you have a link to show me how to RUU my phone? That would be awesome if so.

Here you are :D