Color OS is fantastic. At ruining this phone.

Search This thread

fittybood

Nov 27, 2019
I don't know where to begin. So I'll just bullet point whatever comes to mind.

• I used the Indian version of this device. It's littered with grammatical mistakes. Grammatical f* mistakes. It's like reading the menu off a really cheap multi-cuisine restaurant.
  • Swiping down turns on a crippled search. I don't search. I don't want a search. But search I must, because there's no way to change that behavior.
  • Well listen now, if you want to swipe down to get the Notification Center, you must swipe from only the top of the screen.
  • Umm.. where are the advanced bluetooth controls? My wireless buds are at half their volume.
  • So you show me a fingerprint icon on the lock screen, but sometimes you don't? What does that even mean? And thanks for animating it using a pseudo-random generator.
  • So this UI offers an always on clock. That's all you get. And that clock will move around. Because like, that junior dev decided it would be cool and his PO was too busy preparing tag-lines for raising bars.
  • Say you get a notification and you decide you don't want anymore from that app. No simple hold and toggle to turn off. Nope, swipe left, tap settings button, go into settings menu, figure out which setting you're in, turn off settings.
  • I use Spotify. I like playback controls in the middle of my Spotify notification window. And whaddya know, there's a way to make that happen in the UI. But it doesn't stick. You change it, and Color OS is like wut.
  • Ending a call pops open a countdown. A black screen with a f*ing countdown with actions that you may want to do like "save that number". And nope, you can't turn that off either.

If there's ever an example of how lots of small things can completely ruin an experience, it's this. It just makes me sad, and appreciate how good of a device my Poco phone was.

I do really like the fast charging. That's fun to watch.

Last edited:

Qnkel

Feb 2, 2006

• Swiping down turns on a crippled search. I don't search. I don't want a search. But search I must, because there's no way to change that behavior.
  • Well listen now, if you want to swipe down to get the Notification Center, you must swipe from only the top of the screen.

That's not an ColourOS thing, because my Huawei Mate 8 with EMUI 8 and Android 7 do the same!

• So this UI offers an always on clock. That's all you get. And that clock will move around. Because like, that junior dev decided it would be cool and his PO was too busy preparing tag-lines for raising bars.

If there's ever an example of how lots of small things can completely ruin an experience, it's this. It just makes me sad, and appreciate how good of a device my Poco phone was.

The clock has to move, because of the the burn-in problem of the AMOLED Displays.

The phone is really new. There will be another ROMs and Updates like ColorOS 7. Give the phone a chance or send it back.

Duncan1982

Feb 6, 2014
Whilst ColorOS isn't my Favourite, they have made an effort to improving it for the western market. Considering what it was like when I had my Find X to what we have now, id say it has greatly improved (Still not perfect) however i personally wouldn't say now it's ruining this device and with Color0S 7 coming and Realme doing their thing I can honestly see it getting much better.

We all have preferancea and it's obviously not for not for you, that's fine, I don't particularly like Miui, but I wouldn't say it ruins Xiaomi products , it just doesn't suite me.

beliz85

Nov 20, 2012
Millennials blaming the world for everything
Lol

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

They don't seem to be the major issues here.

Android one notification bar opens up from very top as well. It doesn't bother me at all :)
It's just a thing of habit.

Reactions: Xebeck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• I used the Indian version of this device. It's littered with grammatical mistakes. Grammatical f* mistakes. It's like reading the menu off a really cheap multi-cuisine restaurant.
    • Umm.. where are the advanced bluetooth controls? My wireless buds are at half their volume.
    • So you show me a fingerprint icon on the lock screen, but sometimes you don't? What does that even mean? And thanks for animating it using a pseudo-random generator.
    • Say you get a notification and you decide you don't want anymore from that app. No simple hold and toggle to turn off. Nope, swipe left, tap settings button, go into settings menu, figure out which setting you're in, turn off settings.
    • I use Spotify. I like playback controls in the middle of my Spotify notification window. And whaddya know, there's a way to make that happen in the UI. But it doesn't stick. You change it, and Color OS is like wut.
    • Ending a call pops open a countdown. A black screen with a f*ing countdown with actions that you may want to do like "save that number". And nope, you can't turn that off either.

That's not an ColourOS thing, because my Huawei Mate 8 with EMUI 8 and Android 7 do the same!

The clock has to move, because of the the burn-in problem of the AMOLED Displays.

The phone is really new. There will be another ROMs and Updates like ColorOS 7. Give the phone a chance or send it back.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

To OP: Why not just install Nova and eliminate most of your UI issues?
    Lol

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

They don't seem to be the major issues here.

Android one notification bar opens up from very top as well. It doesn't bother me at all :)
    It's just a thing of habit.