Color saturation & accuracy

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
If you're colorblind, please disregard this thread. Rate this thread to express how you deem the color saturation and accuracy of the OnePlus 3T's display. A higher rating indicates that you think that color accuracy is very high and saturation is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Defferex

Aug 24, 2013
Want to share my screen settings, I personally love AMOLED colors but I hate yellowish tint, so I tuned it up a bit to get cold white:
1. Install Kernel Adiutor.
2. Go to Screen section.
3. Red 205, Green 225, Blue 256 (default).
4. Save.

That's it. Keep in mind that this is completely personal choice.

Last edited:

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
s-RGB mode is great, except for the white balance, it's a tad too warm/yellow.
sRGB is supposed to be like that, though. I also find the warmer screen easier on the eyes in bed.
Want to share my screen settings, I personally love AMOLED colors but I hate yellowish tint, so I tuned it up a bit to get cold white:
1. Install Kernel Adiutor.
2. Go to Screen section.
3. Red 205, Green 225, Blue 256 (default).
4. Save.

That's it. Keep in mind that this is completely personal choice.
Problem with that is really each screen is different, whereas the sRGB calibration is the same for every display, as far as I know.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I only use the sRGB mode as i hate oversaturated colours and always prefer colour accuracy in all circumstances. As mentioned above the colour temp is a bit off, but overall the sRGB mode is the lesser of all evils. Is it just me or do the colours pop a little more in sRGB since the Nougat update? Before the update i felt the colours were a little under-saturated but i'm happy with it now.

How people can live with the disgusting neon AMOLED colour space is beyond me.

r3ix

Dec 16, 2014
Me too. I like stock. One day when i will root the device maybe i will change but i like very much default colours

system.img

Feb 14, 2012
Chennai
One of the best 1080p AMOLED displays that I've used. Of course, it isn't as impressive as the QHD Samsung panels though not really far off. The whites on my display seem good to my eyes. I can easily notice the yellowish warm whites on AMOLED screens but I don't seem to notice anything like that on my unit. My unit luckily has good whites (not too warm/cold) and no pink or green tint.
Though I've been an AMOLED fan for years, this my first phone with an AMOLED display. The colors do seem a bit too saturated at times but it is a gorgeous display. The sRGB mode is nice for when you need color accuracy but it is just too washed out for my taste.
Only real "defect" in this display is the purple ghosting effect which can be observed while scrolling grey elements on black backgrounds in low brightness but this issue is inherent to AMOLED and I've seen it on all AMOLED devices I've laid my eyes on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited: