Color saturation & accuracy

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
If you're colorblind, please disregard this thread. Rate this thread to express how you deem the color saturation and accuracy of the OnePlus 7 Pro's display. A higher rating indicates that you think that color accuracy is very high and saturation is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

twoxa

Jun 10, 2009
Boston
I switched from s10+ and trust me, 7pro display is better, especially when it comes to calibration. P3 doesn't exist on Samsung devices, and white point is never quite right, it's always yellowy.

EnMod

Oct 20, 2011
Is anyone else running into an issue where, after setting their screen to Natural, it slowly creeps toward Vivid over the next 5 minutes? This is annoying when trying to take accurate photos because I have to constantly reset the color by switching away from Natural then back to it. This is on the current system update (10.3.4.GM21AA).

Other than that, it looks pretty good on Natural except for the reds, which could use some desaturation.

Ice Bear

Aug 31, 2018
Bay Area, CA
Is anyone else running into an issue where, after setting their screen to Natural, it slowly creeps toward Vivid over the next 5 minutes? This is annoying when trying to take accurate photos because I have to constantly reset the color by switching away from Natural then back to it. This is on the current system update (10.3.4.GM21AA).

Other than that, it looks pretty good on Natural except for the reds, which could use some desaturation.
Ice Bear has experience this ever since OnePlus pushed out the Android 10 update. The color calibration resets from natural to whatever profile is the one chosen after locking the screen. It will stay that way even after unlocking. If Ice Bear does not change it manually, it will stay that.

Last edited:

EnMod

Oct 20, 2011
Ice Bear has experience this ever since OnePlus pushed out the Android 10 update. The color calibration resets from natural to whatever profile is the one chosen after locking the screen. It will stay that day even after unlocking. If Ice Bear does not change it manually, it will stay that.
The problem I'm having is, even if I change it manually, it will just gradually move toward vivid (even more saturated than that actually) as I use the phone. Nothing else settings-wise touched, it just...shifts. It's really strange.