Question Color temperature varies

Search This thread

Torok6

Dec 2, 2020
Xiaomi 11T Pro
If the brightness is above half, the color temperature will change slightly by itself, but at 120hz only at 60hz I have not experienced this. Is it like that for anyone else?

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Color calibration is a known issue on variable rate displays. They are extremely hard for the manufacturers to color calibrate even if within specs. It's present on all variable rate displays to some extent. So yours may be within specs or not.

Try a side by side comparison with another identical device. If you can see a difference that's not a good sign as human gamma and to a lesser extent color perception (many not all, some have excellent color perception*) sucks. If both reproduce the same images identically, it's likely their design firmware/hardware limit.

*it's tiered like IQ. If you're in the top 1% you can detect color shifts others are completely unaware of.

Reactions: Torok6

Torok6

Dec 2, 2020
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Color calibration is a known issue on variable rate displays. They are extremely hard for the manufacturers to color calibrate even if within specs. It's present on all variable rate displays to some extent. So yours may be within specs or not.

Try a side by side comparison with another identical device. If you can see a difference that's not a good sign as human gamma and to a lesser extent color perception (many not all, some have excellent color perception*) sucks. If both reproduce the same images identically, it's likely their design firmware/hardware limit.

*it's tiered like IQ. If you're in the top 1% you can detect color shifts others are completely unaware of.
will this be fixed?

chinda1979

Jun 2, 2013
Yes i facing same problem with 11t pro. Its brightness issue on 120hz and redmi note 10 pro had same problem in past . Its happening only when brightness over 40%. Because under 40% brightness Screen always 120hz not variable refresh rate. Waiting for update to fix this problem

Riichard63

Jan 23, 2013
There is no 11T pro 90hz
No you can't set it within rom settings, there is only 120 and 60 Hz. But when you goes for 120 Hz it turns to be adaptative refresh rate meanings that refresh rate varies between 60 and 120 Hz.
The method sushuguru provided allow to modify the minimum refresh rate value, so now my phone oscillate only between 90 and 120 Hz instead of a 60-120 range.

Torok6

Dec 2, 2020
Xiaomi 11T Pro
No you can't set it within rom settings, there is only 120 and 60 Hz. But when you goes for 120 Hz it turns to be adaptative refresh rate meanings that refresh rate varies between 60 and 120 Hz.
The method sushuguru provided allow to modify the minimum refresh rate value, so now my phone oscillate only between 90 and 120 Hz instead of a 60-120 range.
but it only switches to 60hz when the brightness is half

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    where can i turn it on?
    I found this, hope it will help you.
    If the brightness is above half, the color temperature will change slightly by itself, but at 120hz only at 60hz I have not experienced this. Is it like that for anyone else?