COLORFLY G708 Phone/ Tablet Review MTK6592, 7" Screen

Search This thread

Pesach85

Dec 20, 2010
Apricena
Hello dudes,
Past day I have cracked my tablets front glass w/ a sudden drop but i can still touch the screen and use the tablet, but today I pressed tablet by a mistake and the touch is useless now. I searched AliExpress and found "digitizer touch glass screen" for US $14.00 will it make my tablet usable again or what shall I buy and apply to my tablet to bring it usable again?

Usually should not be a problem to change the touch, if all the other part of tablet are in good condition. I have not disassembled the tablet so I don't know if there 's some glued parts between touch digitizer and screen. Hope not.

Inviato dal mio G708 Oc utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: isikmuhamm

uniextra

Dec 10, 2012
Hi all, Just got my G708 -OC i gess is the extrem edition mentioned here, as it has 2Gb of ram and 16Gb Rom

The tablets is out of the box un-usable, Wifi is extremlly poor and i can't install google aps... so it's all problems here.

Rom installed is 708_Oc_SV1.00_EV1.2_MT2_JSB_20150623

Tryed a reset from android and no change...

Any ideas how to solve this out?

thaks

Attachments

• IMG_20150930_154844.jpg
    IMG_20150930_154844.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20150930_154904.jpg
    IMG_20150930_154904.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_2015-09-30-16-38-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-30-16-38-25.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 207

Pesach85

Dec 20, 2010
Apricena
Hi all, Just got my G708 -OC i gess is the extrem edition mentioned here, as it has 2Gb of ram and 16Gb Rom

The tablets is out of the box un-usable, Wifi is extremlly poor and i can't install google aps... so it's all problems here.

Rom installed is 708_Oc_SV1.00_EV1.2_MT2_JSB_20150623

Tryed a reset from android and no change...

Any ideas how to solve this out?

thaks
I'd give a try installing another rom, for example just the system.img from version 1.5 for g708 normal edition . As I explained before is much more optimized. You can do it downloading entire downloadable pack on original colorful homepage, and taking the single file, and flashing it through flashtool. At your own risk. I tested extreme to normal is possible, I guess the reverse too.

Last edited:

alofir

Oct 15, 2015
GAPPS for G708

Hi,
i got my g708 few days ago -Rom G708_OC_SV1.10_KV1.2_CAM_RD_20150806. This version is apparently w/o gapps - no access to google store. I tried the following to install gapps, so far no success.
- rooted using kingo apps, installed recovery twrp, touchscreen does not respond in recovery mode, so can't install from recovery
- trying to flash other colorfly roms using sp flashtool - it seems the my PC (WIN 10) lack some drivers - the sptool does not download to software to the device - nothing happens when I click download, after the tool loads the rom to the sofware
-download the apk files and installed them using es explorer -put them in the system directory, giving r/w permissions ect, it installed them, however I keep getting error notifications - something google process has stopped. Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance

oliversum

Jan 12, 2009
Here is Patched and ready for flash EBR 1/2 files for our tablet https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8da9f4ca62f3/ebr%2B4gb%2Bkitkat.rar
Hi,
I flashed them, but unfortunately now my tablet is in a bootloop... I only see the animated "G", although I waited for >30min. USB works, and also MTK Droid Tools are able to read the tablet.
I could flash back my backup, but then the partitions won't be changes. Any ideas what to do? Thank you!

edit: solved it - had to flash the newest rom (it's without gapps :( ), then flash the modified EBR, and finally flash my backup without EBR.

Last edited:

a1girdas

Aug 1, 2011
Kaunas
Colorfly G708 digitizer

I replaced my digitizer recently with that one, purchased from aliexpress for $14. It works fine now. Check the exact model of Your digitizer before buying.

ClaudioML

Nov 29, 2015
Hello everybody, I am a newbie and I think i screw my tablet!

I followed the post xxx , installed the drives "DA USB VCOM Port " with the application Smart Phone Flash tool.
It gave me a green " Download Ok" and i closed the application.

When I try to power on the tablet simply does not do anything . Even when i try to charge it, nothing happens .

When I connect the device to the PC, i heard the connecting sound on the PC but nothing happens.

Can someone help me?:confused: Is my tablet bricked?:confused:

Thanks, and sorry about my bad English ;)

Emyem

Dec 9, 2015
HELP!

Hiya all I have just received my Colorfly G708 ( I'm in Australia) and I can not upload Google Play App.
I tried uploading from Google Authority and it wont open...
I have changed the settings to English and still no joy.
Can anyone help please!?
:crying:

evgenyg

Aug 16, 2010
Sorry for posting here, but I cannot find anything relative to the problem described below.

I bought a brand new COLORFLY G708 3G for my son's birthday. The tablet worked only one day. Next today its screen doesn't show any picture, but is not completely dark, which says the screen is enabled. Also the tablet can sometimes vibrate when moving finger over the screen, but again I cannot see any picture, so I don't know which events are triggered.

I tried to do a hard reset by pressing the power and + buttons, but nothing happened and I cannot reach and see the recovery screen. May be there is another method to do a hard reset by not using the screen.

Please advice!
Thanks
Evgeny

Pesach85

Dec 20, 2010
Apricena
Hello everybody, I am a newbie and I think i screw my tablet!

I followed the post xxx , installed the drives "DA USB VCOM Port " with the application Smart Phone Flash tool.
It gave me a green " Download Ok" and i closed the application.

When I try to power on the tablet simply does not do anything . Even when i try to charge it, nothing happens .

When I connect the device to the PC, i heard the connecting sound on the PC but nothing happens.

Can someone help me?:confused: Is my tablet bricked?:confused:

Thanks, and sorry about my bad English ;)
It seems you have flashed wrong or incompatible software. Re-do flash procedure with all correct software.
Sorry for posting here, but I cannot find anything relative to the problem described below.

I bought a brand new COLORFLY G708 3G for my son's birthday. The tablet worked only one day. Next today its screen doesn't show any picture, but is not completely dark, which says the screen is enabled. Also the tablet can sometimes vibrate when moving finger over the screen, but again I cannot see any picture, so I don't know which events are triggered.

I tried to do a hard reset by pressing the power and + buttons, but nothing happened and I cannot reach and see the recovery screen. May be there is another method to do a hard reset by not using the screen.

Please advice!
Thanks
Evgeny
From what you described looks a disconnected screen. You see no boot screen or colorfly logo?

evgenyg

Aug 16, 2010
Yes, I don't see the boot screen and colorfly logo as well.
The screen looks as if it has a faint back light, but it doesn't show any actual picture.

How to reconnect the screen?
I have small screwdrivers and other tools, if necessary, but don't know what to look at. I don't care if opening the tablet will break guarantee.

Thanks
Evgeny

It seems you have flashed wrong or incompatible software. Re-do flash procedure with all correct software.

From what you described looks a disconnected screen. You see no boot screen or colorfly logo?

Pesach85

Dec 20, 2010
Apricena
Yes, I don't see the boot screen and colorfly logo as well.
The screen looks as if it has a faint back light, but it doesn't show any actual picture.

How to reconnect the screen?
I have small screwdrivers and other tools, if necessary, but don't know what to look at. I don't care if opening the tablet will break guarantee.

Thanks
Evgeny

I can't find any disassembly guide on the net, so I can't be helpful in this.
Just I can tell that I'd prefer to spend shipping to China and send in warranty because it 's too expensive to risk to buy a spare part screen when the defect may be just in the main board socket.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Hiya all I have just received my Colorfly G708 ( I'm in Australia) and I can not upload Google Play App.
I tried uploading from Google Authority and it wont open...
I have changed the settings to English and still no joy.
Can anyone help please!?
:crying:

Is your phone rooted?

If not there's not other attempts you can do.

If rooted you can put through any file manager the play store apk file in system/priv-app folder and see what's happen.

Or you may use some third party app which install play store or in the last attempt install twrp recovery with mtk - tools and install a custom google app package for Android 4.4.2, after doing a backup of all system.

Last edited:

Pesach85

Dec 20, 2010
Apricena
i have same problem, so i will try to root it.
What is best app to roott this tablet?
THX
Jan
Kingroot apk or kingoroot from pc (seems same but it's not so) works fine, but i prefer kingroot.

-----

Last ROM G708_Oc_SV1.2_KV1.2_CAM_RD_20151118 official feels very snappy and smooth, great feeling while using it. No lags or stuttering. It's downloadable from official colorful.cn page . It hasn't gapps but personally i installed minimal KitKat gapps package and works fine.

Last edited:

prague77

Feb 16, 2008
edit: unworking gapps solved with flash
now iam on 1.05, everething is fine, just lost IMEI (iam not using tablet for 3G, but who knows, hope i find idea to get it back)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [/COLOR]
    1. Ok, because I tried a backup directly with Rashr and it errors out...maybe not enough memory...Need to look at TWRP, sorry if this sounds obvious but how does one install TWRP from Rashr

In Rashr go to Recovery from Storage and pick up your download Custom Recovery file and install .
    Here is Download link for Custom Recovery TWRP https://cloud.mail.ru/public/69118ce4be10/recovery-TWRP_v1.img

P. S. Dont forget to hit Thanks button if i Help you :)
    Anyway root and mtkdroidtools may not work properly due to some settings in default.prop file. I have done a modded boot.img to make all work as it should.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js0dfph411guv57/boot-new.img?dl=0

ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=1
    ro.debuggable=1
    ro.adb.secure=0

Adb insecure app from playstore is needed too.

Ok you will say i take the flahpach from you in post #119, install the driver, usb debug on Tablett, and who can i find the 1.03 Firmware? Ok i found a 1.03 firmware in Post #103, is the right pack?

Greetz

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
    1. Make Full Backup of your apps, data, etc. if you dont want to lose them. For back up use TWRP recovery or what you want.
    2 .Install the MTK drivers
    3. Use This flash tool 3.1352.01 (5.1352.01) https://cloud.mail.ru/public/03d5ee5505eb/SP%20Flash%20Tool%203.1352.01%20(5.1352.01).rar
    4. Download 1.03 ROM https://cloud.mail.ru/public/699ab0bc31f0/G708%20Oc_SV1.03_KV1.0_20150207.zip
    5. Run flash Tool as Administrator (better close down everything else except flash tool )
    - In Flash Tool " Download agent " load MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin
    - In Flash Tool " Scatter Loading " load the " MT6592_Android_scatter " ( unzip the 1.03 ROM and choose scatter file inside the rom folder )
    6. Make sure that USB Debugging is checked on your G708 and turn off it.
    7. In flash tool in " Download " choose " Frimware Upgrade " from drop menu
    8. Press Download and after that connect the G708 to your PC with USB cable.
    9. And Just wait to finish the Procedure. If Everything is OK you will have New 1,03 ROM

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

So i flashed stock recovery and tried to install the OTA 1.0.3. That did not work also. Went back to TWRP and stay on 1.0.2
    If you want try to flash with Flash Tool. It seems that for now we dont have Solution about the OTA 1.03 . Or stay on 1.02 till we find Solution.
    For me is interesting now for little more than low cost the cube t7 which has 64 bit octa core CPU, 4g network and better camera.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you and so will the Cube talk7x u51gt - c8
    ROM MIUI6 5.1.13 ( beta ) for Colorfly G708

Hello, i just saw that there is already MIUI6 5.1.13 ROM for our G708 tablet. :)
    Here is link ( use google translate )
    http://bbs.colorful.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6488

Need someone that understand how to Upadte to that ROM

Thanks for Help