Colors/screen messed up after flashing LineageOSMicroG (HELP)

Search This thread

Rocc69

Apr 26, 2021
So I unlocked, rooted, and flashed my first android and ran into this problem. I bought another G7 Power and ran into the exact same problem.

The screen/colors are all messed up.

image02.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: gulliverxc

Rocc69

Apr 26, 2021
I'm trying to retrace my steps to determine where I went wrong.

So first I try to check if the bootloader is properly unlocked. Here I run into problems.

First I tried dialing *#*#7378423#*#* but soon as I dial the last "#" the screen just goes blanc. So that didn't work

Second I tried "fastboot oem device-info" in ADB & Fastboot
2021-04-27 11_04_01-Windows PowerShell.png

So that didn't work either.

How can I determine if the bootloader is properly unlocked?

Sigster

Nov 22, 2015
For a temporary fix,
go into the 'Display' menu in settings,
under 'Advanced' click on 'Colors' and select a different color scheme.
You can also go back to the original after that if so desired.

This fixes it for me until the next reboot.

Didn't happen with LOS 17.1, started seeing this when I went to LOS 18.1

Reactions: Rocc69

Rocc69

Apr 26, 2021
For a temporary fix,

This seems to have fixed it for me. I was seriously starting to doubt myself lol

Thanks allot (y)

gulliverxc

Jan 21, 2016
Christchurch, Dorset, UK
I have the same problem.
So I unlocked, rooted, and flashed my first android and ran into this problem. I bought another G7 Power and ran into the exact same problem.

View attachment 5292047
I also found this problem. However, the remedy given as 'settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Colours -> Cycle between the Natural, Boosted and Saturated options fixed it for me until I rebooted the phone. Makes me wonder if there are some lines of coding that could be looked at with the controls of these options. Hope one of you clever guys can find a solution. Otherwise - Android 11 is working fine. Running LineageOS18.1. Thanks in advance. Ron

Sigster

Nov 22, 2015
Same here, no more color problems. But now I lost my modem. No cellular connection, SIM not recognized.

Edit:
Installed 2021-05-15 update OTA and cellular network came back.
Guess it could either be that the 2021-05-08 release was bad (or something went wrong during OTA)
or maybe one of my slots (a or b) has bad modem info and I will lose network with every other update.
We'll see.

Last edited:

gulliverxc

Jan 21, 2016
Christchurch, Dorset, UK
As of the LineageOS18.1 May 15th 2021 update, I lost control of my SIM, the system saying that the SIM could not be found. A hard reset did not fix this either so I started afresh with boot into TWRP and wiped everything, then re-installed the first LineageOS18.1 I had downloaded to my sdcard. Voila! the system then found my SIM card again, but then when I allowed the system to upgrade to the 15th May 2021 release my SIM detection failed again! I have the wifi connection but am stumped as to what to do next. My contract is due for renewal in June 2021 so I think I'll buy a second hand Samsung instead. Any further advice anyone?

Sigster

Nov 22, 2015
As of the LineageOS18.1 May 15th 2021 update, I lost control of my SIM, the system saying that the SIM could not be found. A hard reset did not fix this either so I started afresh with boot into TWRP and wiped everything, then re-installed the first LineageOS18.1 I had downloaded to my sdcard. Voila! the system then found my SIM card again, but then when I allowed the system to upgrade to the 15th May 2021 release my SIM detection failed again! I have the wifi connection but am stumped as to what to do next. My contract is due for renewal in June 2021 so I think I'll buy a second hand Samsung instead. Any further advice anyone?

Similar to what I wrote in the comment before yours. My phone is a XT1955-5
Was on May 1st release. Lost SIM with the May 8th. Came back with the May 15th.
So it shouldn't be the May 15th release itself.
Based on what I read in a Reddit comment it could be that the modem code in one of my/our slots is bad.
I will try and confirm that by waiting for the next 2 releases to be out. Should then be such that when I install the next release I would lose SIM and with the second release get it back.
If that's the case I'll see if I can fix that without a wipe, phone is too important right now. If not I'll just live with it and only install 2 updates right after each other.

vasq10

Jul 3, 2012
I had the same problem, somehow it works now with the new 20210515 and the old 20210508.
I suspect it has something to do with slot_a/slot_b and the respective modem bin, see my posts
here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/gps-not-working.4261437/
I have a XT1955-4, EU. My recollection of what I did is:
1. Flash 18.1 20210501. Modem and GPS does not work
2. Flashed modem from the original stock image like described here:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...nbrick-your-moto.3042687/page-6#post-80052655
3. GPS/Modem works
4. Updated to 20210508. Modem gone again.
5. Tried to flash the modem stuff again, nothing works
6. Discovered that I had forgotten to do the copypartitons part from the installation.
7. Flashed 20210501 to slot_a again, reflashed modem stuff
8. copypartions (apparently over to slot_b) / everything works like in 3
9. update to 20210508 (apparetnly to slot_b). Modem/GPS works
10. Update to 20210515, Modem/GPS works. (Microphone issue though)

Hope this helps anybody. I guess all this flasjhing could brick the phone, but it worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

image02.jpeg
    For a temporary fix,