Colours are gone...only black and white

Search This thread

asteca123

Dec 3, 2022
Hi,
While configuring my new galaxy tab s6 lite, all the screens, icons, photos etc..changed from being in colour to black and white. I spent the last 2 hours reading and trying to restore the colours but i can’t. Can you help me? Thanks

nwre

Dec 10, 2012
You can try to see if color correction mode is turned on and set to grayscale...

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Visibility Enhancements > Color Correction.

If it's turned on and set to grayscale, it turns everything black/white

asteca123

Dec 3, 2022
You can try to see if color correction mode is turned on and set to grayscale...

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Visibility Enhancements > Color Correction.

If it's turned on and set to grayscale, it turns everything black/white
Thanks. I tried this and it didn't work. Any other ideas. Help please

vgchat

Mar 24, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Hi when you factory reset, it will wipe all settings to default as if you bought it brand new from the store (this is the intended result anyways). So it's likely to reset what was causing the black and white issue so long as it's software related. All of your apps will be uninstalled also. If it's a hardware failure this may require a repair shop.

As for being logged in, it allows you to sync your google data and back it up into "the cloud". For contacts, gmail, google photos etc. I suggested logging in before hand so that it could do that.

All you would have to do is log back in after a factory reset to access the same stuff as if it were never gone.

asteca123

Dec 3, 2022
Hi when you factory reset, it will wipe all settings to default as if you bought it brand new from the store (this is the intended result anyways). So it's likely to reset what was causing the black and white issue so long as it's software related. All of your apps will be uninstalled also. If it's a hardware failure this may require a repair shop.

As for being logged in, it allows you to sync your google data and back it up into "the cloud". For contacts, gmail, google photos etc. I suggested logging in before hand so that it could do that.

All you would have to do is log back in after a factory reset to access the same stuff as if it were never gone.
Thank you. The reset worked and I can now use my tablet.