Colt OS v5.4 (Android 10)

Search This thread

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Hi all,

I have managed to install the following vanilla ROM on my Huawei P20 lite.

ColtOS-v5.4-10-Unofficial-20200103-arm64-ab-vanilla.img

So far it's going good but I've got 3 issues that I can't get info on with this ROM.

As far as I could see Android 10 OS has changed file systems. So my exFAT SD card won't work (needs to be formatted?). This card is only a couple of months old so it's not broken. It was working when I had EMUI 9.1 running yesterday. The OS says "there is an issue with your SD card". I go into the menu and it asks me to format said card. I have done this 4 times already but nothing changes. After the format the OS still gives the error that the SD card is faulty. Also when I connect my phone to my Win 10 PC only the Internal storage is picked up, not the SD card at all.

Then the other issue I have is getting TWRP to run. I have the following TWRP image that I tried to flash. When I do flash it and I reboot nothing happens and the phone boots to normal eRecovery.
TWRP image:
twrp-3.4.0-0-anne.img

Latly I have read read on the Colt OS XDA forum that one can not report errors of the OS if you are running Magisk. Is Magisk supported at all with this OS? Can I use SuperSU maybe instead of Magisk to get root working maybe?

For anyone who is going to respond, I say thank you :)

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Hi all,

I have managed to install the following vanilla ROM on my Huawei P20 lite.

ColtOS-v5.4-10-Unofficial-20200103-arm64-ab-vanilla.img

So far it's going good but I've got 3 issues that I can't get info on with this ROM.

As far as I could see Android 10 OS has changed file systems. So my exFAT SD card won't work (needs to be formatted?). This card is only a couple of months old so it's not broken. It was working when I had EMUI 9.1 running yesterday. The OS says "there is an issue with your SD card". I go into the menu and it asks me to format said card. I have done this 4 times already but nothing changes. After the format the OS still gives the error that the SD card is faulty. Also when I connect my phone to my Win 10 PC only the Internal storage is picked up, not the SD card at all.

Then the other issue I have is getting TWRP to run. I have the following TWRP image that I tried to flash. When I do flash it and I reboot nothing happens and the phone boots to normal eRecovery.
TWRP image:
twrp-3.4.0-0-anne.img

Latly I have read read on the Colt OS XDA forum that one can not report errors of the OS if you are running Magisk. Is Magisk supported at all with this OS? Can I use SuperSU maybe instead of Magisk to get root working maybe?

For anyone who is going to respond, I say thank you :)
Try Magisk-phh :
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261812699
You can try also SuperSu:
https://mega.nz/#!Zgc3VaBZ!K6_N35ex3HiNp6UAPq7nz_h3EDuuVQcLpYR0-kg56bQ
And TWRP by Askuccio:
https://mega.nz/#!EsdTgYqZ!2QX9wgAhA653Dp2MkDTLPHa3tmFdNqmC5CDDHB-7f5Y

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014

Hi Alf man!

Thank you for the suggested links. I tried flashing the TWRP provided but nothing happens.

I have gone back to EMUI 9.1 and I can pickup the sd card. So I have no idea why it keeps telling me the sd card is corrupt Alf.

From what I have read, there are 2 partitions, one active the other not, for easier upgrading etc. So it seems I have to specify which partition to flash the provided TWRP? Is there a post on xda that I am missing in trying to install TWRP on Android 10?

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Hi Alf man!

Thank you for the suggested links. I tried flashing the TWRP provided but nothing happens.

I have gone back to EMUI 9.1 and I can pickup the sd card. So I have no idea why it keeps telling me the sd card is corrupt Alf.

From what I have read, there are 2 partitions, one active the other not, for easier upgrading etc. So it seems I have to specify which partition to flash the provided TWRP? Is there a post on xda that I am missing in trying to install TWRP on Android 10?

Well after flashing back to EMUI 9.1 I tried again, this time flashing TWRP first (twrp-3.4.0-0-anne.img) ....the other TWRP you suggested booted into TWRP but then it would reboot shortly after. Then I formated my sd card to fat32. After that I flashed Colt OS, then I reinstalled stock recovery, rebooted and ColtOS was working but it was installed on my SD card and not my main storage?

So now I am back on EMUI 9.1 but I can't access my storage on my PC. If I switch to "transfer file" only a cd-rom pops up in My Computer on Win 10. So I managed to screw up my entire storage :crying:

Well EMUI 9.1 is running though. My internal storage is encrypted

Last edited:

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Well after flashing back to EMUI 9.1 I tried again, this time flashing TWRP first (twrp-3.4.0-0-anne.img) ....the other TWRP you suggested booted into TWRP but then it would reboot shortly after. Then I formated my sd card to fat32. After that I flashed Colt OS, then I reinstalled stock recovery, rebooted and ColtOS was working but it was installed on my SD card and not my main storage?

So now I am back on EMUI 9.1 but I can't access my storage on my PC. If I switch to "transfer file" only a cd-rom pops up in My Computer on Win 10. So I managed to screw up my entire storage :crying:

Well EMUI 9.1 is running though. My internal storage is encrypted

Hi, just a few notes:

- As I wrote earlier, availability of custom ROMs for Kirin devices is scarce.
- Note that the "AB" in GSIs is not the same thing as physically having AB partitions .
"AB" in GSIs means SAR - system-as-root ( P20 lite which runs on EMUI 9.1).
A common misconception is that having Project Treble support and A/B partition support are related to one another, but that’s not actually the case. Having one does not imply the other. P20 Lite supports Project Treble AB, yet is an A-only device ( does not support Seamless Updates).
- if your phone is running Oreo, install a-only version.

Last edited:

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Hi, just a few notes:
- I gave you in P.M. TWRP tips but you are still using 3.4.0-0 . Okay, it 's your choice.
- As I wrote earlier, availability of custom ROMs for Kirin devices is scarce. Some GSI Custom roms on Huawei devices require the .img file to be installed from fastboot :
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash system Colt-xxxx-xxxx.img
- Note that the "AB" moniker in GSIs is not the same thing as physically having AB partitions .
AB" in GSIs means system-as-root.
A common misconception is that having Project Treble support and A/B partition support are related to one another, but that’s not actually the case. Having one does not imply the other. P20 Lite supports Project Treble, yet is an A-only device ( does not support Seamless Updates).
- Install Service ROM and recover your phone (don't wait until it's too late :)).

Ok thank you very much for your insight Alf.
I was having issues with that specific TWRP, that's why I tried a different one. But per your instructions, I will 100% go ahead and install Service ROM as suggested!

Thank you so very much Alf! Now I understand a bit more one the partitions.

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Hi, just a few notes:
- I gave you in P.M. TWRP tips but you are still using 3.4.0-0 . Okay, it 's your choice.
- As I wrote earlier, availability of custom ROMs for Kirin devices is scarce. Some GSI Custom roms on Huawei devices require the .img file to be installed from fastboot :
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash system Colt-xxxx-xxxx.img
- Note that the "AB" moniker in GSIs is not the same thing as physically having AB partitions .
AB" in GSIs means system-as-root.
A common misconception is that having Project Treble support and A/B partition support are related to one another, but that’s not actually the case. Having one does not imply the other. P20 Lite supports Project Treble, yet is an A-only device ( does not support Seamless Updates).
- Install Service ROM and recover your phone (don't wait until it's too late :)).

Hi Alf,

So I tried to follow your advice. I downloaded the following .zip file mentioned in your earlier post.
ANE-L01 8.0.0.136(C432) Firmware Android 8.0.0 EMUI 8.0.0 05014YXX.zip

I unzipped that file, and afterwards I tried flashing it first with the dload method, which only gave an error exclamation on eRecovery. I know I need to downgrade first from 9.1.0 and I have looked through XDA posts now but I haven't managed to do it. I have also tried via HiSuite and it gives me the option to downgrade, which I did, and then the phone restarted into TWRP recovery ( it seems I did not flash stock recovery before the HiSuite downgrade).

Ok...it seems I have to relock my bootloader before I try and downgrade to EMUI 8. If there are any steps I am missing please help.

Thank you!

Last edited:

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Last edited:

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Where did you get this information ??? If you are running EMUI 9.1, you have to flash Service ROM for EMUI 9.1. Don't try downgrade to Oreo using Oreo Service ROM, it may brick your phone.
Download links (Service ROMs for C432 EMUI 9.1):
https://androidhost.ru/Xch
https://androidhost.ru/Xc1
https://androidhost.ru/Xar

It doesn't matter which one you choose.

Ok thank you Alf, I will try with the provided info. Thank you! I was reading through XDA but couldn't find a answer. After I tried to do a downgrade via HiSuite and it failed as well as the dlaod method, I tried again to do a downgrade via HiSuite and the info in the app stated that my phone should not be unlocked.

Thank you for the help Alf!

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Ok, I tried flashing via dload method as well as the service menu Alf. Didn't work. So I flashed it manually via fastboot. It installed the service ROM as you suggested I do.

The one I flashed was
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1 ANE-L21 hw eu HLRCF Anne-L21 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7T8) Firmware EMUI9.1.0 05014YWN.zip

Current build number 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7)

What is the next step Alf? What makes a service ROM special? I tried looking on interwebs but couldn't find any info.

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Ok, I tried flashing via dload method as well as the service menu Alf. Didn't work. So I flashed it manually via fastboot. It installed the service ROM as you suggested I do.

The one I flashed was
Huawei P20 Lite ANE-LX1 ANE-L21 hw eu HLRCF Anne-L21 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7T8) Firmware EMUI9.1.0 05014YWN.zip

Current build number 9.1.0.278(C432E6R1P7)

What is the next step Alf? What makes a service ROM special? I tried looking on interwebs but couldn't find any info.

Ok, got a post on XDA, you need Service ROM to go back to Android 8.

The dload method, does it matter what the sd card's name is in the OS? Must it be sd_card?

OK the dload method does not work. I see that once you properly load a Service ROM, your device locks automatically and then one can proceed to flashing back to Oreo. I take it when the Service ROM is loaded correctly and one boot into fastboot mode the device should say "Phone Locked" "FRP Unlock"?

Last edited:

MayhemIam

Dec 16, 2014
Dude it's you choice. As I said, downgrade to lower EMUI version via dload method may brick your phone. it's possible (and safely!) via HiSuite (with locked bootloader) only, or using HuRupdater 0.4 & TWRP .
Our conversation is useless, it's time to end it. Good Luck!

Thank you Alf. You were very helpful!