• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Combination Files Bit 5 ] G950U(U1) &G955U(U1): Carrier Switch Bit 4 (Only G950U)

Search This thread

fabianffg2783

Aug 29, 2018
g955u

hello!!!

hi i'm allready download the comb file for g955u bit 5 but the zip file ask me for a password can you help me please thanks

hq15955657

Jan 10, 2018
dude are you freaking kidding me???? can you read? use the 2 eyes and the 10 fingers god gave you and look below and above... it's in bright orange "link" color.... holy cow.... and just so you don't miss it again for the 5th time... is is..... www.samkey.org/forum <------- copy that and paste it in the password box....

the dark side would chew him up and spit him out....

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

dear lord...... 3 days? my head hurts.... it's like talking to my grandparents about thermal dynamics in madarin in the dark with a waterfall in the room... in sign language.... with broken fingers...

ok 'm done sorry... don't put me in jail

Thank you for telling the truth and sharing the password, god bless.

alirz

Oct 1, 2014

Anyone tried these to revert a g955 U1/XAA back to G955W/VTR on BL5 or do we need to wait for the combination file for the W model?

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
what is the password of file, for descompressing

Something like www. Samkey.com he has it listed somewhere in the op

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

what is the password of file, for descompressing

Something like www. Samkey.com he has it listed somewhere in the op
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76940328&postcount=5

cnewsgrp

Mar 22, 2008
Pardon the ignorance. I have a AT&T S8 which is on V5. I want to switch carrier to TMobile. I will be following instructions here => https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/switch-to-carrier-firmware-100-t3609487
I did download V5 combination file from link above and am downloading T-Mobile Stock firmware V5 from updato.com (G950USQS5CRI4).

Question: Where do I find V5 Home CSC?

Edit: I flashed Home CSC from first post V4. However for step 17 below I only see AT&T (not XAC)

13. Put the HOME_CSC of the G950W firmware into the CSC part of Odin 3.12.7 (NOT PrinceComsy)
14. Click start
15. Open IME setting on Factory Binary
16. Type in *#243203855#
17. Select XAC

Last edited:

petersun22

Feb 13, 2019
frp bypassing

Bought a badly damaged G955U (at&t) which is on G955USQU5CRK1. However, it is google account locked. I spent so much time to switch the motherboard to my broken motherboard s8+. The new motherboard is google account locked. Can I use the combination file to bypass frp? has anyone tried?

jcmolero

Sep 10, 2007
Bought a badly damaged G955U (at&t) which is on G955USQU5CRK1. However, it is google account locked. I spent so much time to switch the motherboard to my broken motherboard s8+. The new motherboard is google account locked. Can I use the combination file to bypass frp? has anyone tried?
There specific FRP files around to that purpose, but that's another subject

joshw0000

Jun 15, 2010
Helping a co-worker convert a (real) SM-G950U1 to an AT&T variant. We get 0 signal at work, so without wifi calling our phones are useless.

We originally flashed G950U1UEU5DSC1_G950U1OYM5DSC1_ATT but since it has a multi CSC, it didn't install all of the AT&T bloatware. So now I've downloaded and flashed this v5 combination file. Following one of the many "carrier switching" tutorials, the next step is to flash a HOME_CSC from a multi csc firmware. I've tried about a half dozen so far. I went all the way back to LRA-G950U1UEU2AQK2-20171129151800 since this combination file boots to Android 7.0 and I've tried several others as well. They all fail to flash. I can flash HOME_CSC_OYM_G950U1OYM5DSC1_CL15499388_QB22403714_REV01_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 but the problem is, after the phone reboots, I see a screen about updating apps, then it boots to factory recovery and tells me that it didn't successfully install.

When I reboot and dial *#243203855# in the IME screen, there is no XAC to install.

I realize this is probably the wrong place to ask but if anyone can help, I'd much appreciate it. I started this process at work today and ended up taking his phone home tonight since I technically soft bricked it earlier. I've since managed to restore it back to stock and reflash the v5 combination file. I'd really like to get this fixed tonight so I can give his phone back tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any help!

NobleGuy

Mar 13, 2010
help with bit 5 galaxy s8 g950U

Please, how do I combine this with the other post you referenced (https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3625817) for a Samsung galaxy s8 g950U, baseband G950USQS5CRF5. I guess this is a bit5...please correct me if I am wrong.
I got this phone as used. yes, it is meant to be the US version. but I was quite surprised to see a firmware CSC code of TGY and an active CSC code of CHC.
I would like to change it to an XAA or convert the phone to international version g950U1... how possible is this please?
The thing is that the phone is having network issues...it sometimes drops to edge whenever a call comes in and loses access to the internet. it will remain this way until the phone is restarted twice.
I kind of believe changing the CSC and the ROM might correct this.

Much help is appreciated. thanks a lot

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Please, how do I combine this with the other post you referenced (https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3625817) for a Samsung galaxy s8 g950U, baseband G950USQS5CRF5. I guess this is a bit5...please correct me if I am wrong.
I got this phone as used. yes, it is meant to be the US version. but I was quite surprised to see a firmware CSC code of TGY and an active CSC code of CHC.
I would like to change it to an XAA or convert the phone to international version g950U1... how possible is this please?
The thing is that the phone is having network issues...it sometimes drops to edge whenever a call comes in and loses access to the internet. it will remain this way until the phone is restarted twice.
I kind of believe changing the CSC and the ROM might correct this.

Much help is appreciated. thanks a lot

So what you wanna do is flash the combination file. In modded odin 3.13b. Then flash the bit 5 u1 firmware.
5th digit from far end is bit number of the firmware.

Reactions: NobleGuy

Top Liked Posts