[Combination Files Bit 5 ] G950U(U1) &G955U(U1): Carrier Switch Bit 4 (Only G950U)

Search This thread

anarasgarli

Mar 26, 2016
Baku
[Combination Files Bit 5 ] G950U(U1) &G955U(U1): Carrier Switch Bit 4 (Only G950U)

Attention!
Only for Snapdragon Version (G950U, U1, not checked for W)
Download link;
SM-G950U: http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8xi2n73zhh37q1/COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU5ARG4.zip
SM-G955U: http://www.mediafire.com/file/959knkb2s9h6t65/COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARF1.zip

This is Carrier Switch file for SM-G950U BIT 4
Combination File Bit 4 : http://www.mediafire.com/file/y7shb90oal0lx9y/COMBINATION_FA70_G950USQU4ARE1.zip
Multi CSC: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t88k00f2j4051lq/HOME_CSC_OYA_G950WO.tar.rar

Guide for "How to switch carrier S8; S8+"
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3625817

Thanks goes to @Mike15678 for original guides!

Last edited:

SAMOANBK47

Feb 22, 2013
Weed
so ive gone to both links that u said to go search and i have not seen anything about the encrypted password to extract the file! please tell me where i need to go i dont mind paying for it i just hate riddles or hidden whatever games ive spent three days searching samkey forums and still havent found anything about the password. please help

flyboy917

Aug 9, 2018
Hey the link for SM-G955U BIT 5 when I download and type in password it says "could not open archive, may be damaged"
please Help!

SM-G955U: 959knk...5USQU5ARF1.zip

JeepinxJosh

dude are you freaking kidding me???? can you read? use the 2 eyes and the 10 fingers god gave you and look below and above... it's in bright orange "link" color.... holy cow.... and just so you don't miss it again for the 5th time... is is..... www.samkey.org/forum <------- copy that and paste it in the password box....

You will be see password in the zip file. Please watch carefully.
Password : www.samkey.org/forum

the dark side would chew him up and spit him out....

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

The link itself is the password.

dear lord...... 3 days? my head hurts.... it's like talking to my grandparents about thermal dynamics in madarin in the dark with a waterfall in the room... in sign language.... with broken fingers...

ok 'm done sorry... don't put me in jail

Long story short, I have a G950U that someone updated to bootloader 5. Would you believe that i've been using this Combination Rom for a week now because i have no choice, its' the only V5 firmware i can find.. i was messing with the phone and needed to Odin, but had no files. I never want to see a combination rom again, lol. What i did was install Chrome with adb and went from there.. Chrome is the only Google app that works that i've found. No Play Store, no mail, no Gboard. Some will work at first but will very quickly get laggy and unresponsive, it's great ? If you enjoy frustration. Trying to text with the included keyboard will be one of the most frustrating things anyone has ever done.........ever, lol. Nova launcher works with it, I'm guessing most launchers do work.
So I to go to other app stores. i've spent hours looking but can only find the S8+ V5.

Combination Rom Challenge: How long can you use it as a daily driver before you throw your phone off a bridge? lol.

This S8 has no service so it's not really a daily driver for me and i could't try the phone. Talkatone works over WiFi though, lol.
Download Chrome apk on a pc. Open adb and type "adb install" then drag and drop the apk into the window, lol. Thats the extent of my adb skills

Last edited:

MrSteelX

Jan 24, 2013
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 11
Long story short, I have a G950U that someone updated to bootloader 5. Would you believe that i've been using this Combination Rom for a week now because i have no choice, its' the only V5 firmware i can find.. i was messing with the phone and needed to Odin, but had no files. I never want to see a combination rom again, lol. What i did was install Chrome with adb and went from there.. Chrome is the only Google app that works that i've found. No Play Store, no mail, no Gboard. Some will work at first but will very quickly get laggy and unresponsive, it's great ? If you enjoy frustration. Trying to text with the included keyboard will be one of the most frustrating things anyone has ever done.........ever, lol. Nova launcher works with it, I'm guessing most launchers do work.
So I to go to other app stores. i've spent hours looking but can only find the S8+ V5.

Combination Rom Challenge: How long can you use it as a daily driver before you throw your phone off a bridge? lol.

This S8 has no service so it's not really a daily driver for me and i could't try the phone. Talkatone works over WiFi though, lol.
Download Chrome apk on a pc. Open adb and type "adb install" then drag and drop the apk into the window, lol. Thats the extent of my adb skills

This is why proper research and planning is required BEFORE any form of flashing is to take place on an s8 or s8+. It's so when you end up in this mess, you know how to get out of this mess. As of right now, you are sol until a v5 odin firmware is released.

ps. A factory reset might at least let you use the phone as intended.

Last edited:
This is why proper research and planning is required BEFORE any form of flashing is to take place on an s8 or s8+. It's so when you end up in this mess, you know how to get out of this mess. As of right now, you are sol until a v5 odin firmware is released.

ps. A factory reset might at least let you use the phone as intended.

I do know this. This was not my first time using Odin, or even my first G950U. Seeing the phone was already on Bootloader 5 and not rootable I had the bright idea of putting a password on it to see what I could do with it, I was just bored really The phone has no service and has not been turned on in a month or more. So it would not really be missed. The problem in the first place is a badly cracked screen so it's basically worthless to anyone with no interest in this stuff. I guess mission accomplished though, lol. Technically I got past frp and the lock screen.

Top Liked Posts