• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Comdirect photoTAN app detecting root [Fix found]

Search This thread

dennis3

Jun 30, 2014
Can you go into more details about that process? What is it called and where can I find it to select it for magisk hide? Ty!
I think they renamed the isolated process.
After updating to 8.4.0 there are still 3 processes in MagiskHide for photoTAN:
com.comdirect.phototan
com.comdirect.photot.......activity
(isolated) com.comdirect.phototan:yy.[X]

The last one had a different name before and therefore I had to activate this again. ( btw. [x] should be a character that can't be displayed ).
Clearing cache was not needed for me because I did this before opening the app.

Knotte

Nov 19, 2012
Munich
Warning for all.
Dont update to the last Canary from Magisk, magiskhide was removed.
Oh no, I just updated!
Where can I get the last version that has MagiskHide?

Edit: I found version 23001, but flashing it does not help, no root aftwards. Using the alpha version with denyList also does not work, the denyList option won't stay enabled.

Last edited:

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Oh no, I just updated!

Edit: I found version 23001, but flashing it does not help, no root aftwards. Using the alpha version with denyList also does not work, the denyList option won't stay enabled.
Take unroot tool of magisk and flash unroot. Boot twrp and perhaps you'll have to delete the folders data/adb and adbroot manually. install 23 zip again. Reboot, It should work

Reactions: Knotte

Knotte

Nov 19, 2012
Munich
Take unroot tool of magisk and flash unroot. Boot twrp and perhaps you'll have to delete the folders data/adb and adbroot manually. install 23 zip again. Reboot, It should work
Thank you so much. I had to flash 23011 first to fully enable Magisk again and be able to fully uninstall it. After that I only had to flash 23001 via TWRP. Now MagiskHide is back.
PhotoTAN is now working even without Riru installed and without passing SafetyNet, seems like MagiskHide is the only requirement, at least on my phone.

kazoooka

Jul 25, 2020
Thank you so much. I had to flash 23011 first to fully enable Magisk again and be able to fully uninstall it. After that I only had to flash 23001 via TWRP. Now MagiskHide is back.
PhotoTAN is now working even without Riru installed and without passing SafetyNet, seems like MagiskHide is the only requirement, at least on my phone.
works perfectly! thanks. i even get safety net to pass. not within magisk but with the safetynet test app.

Uluru25

Nov 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy A6
Redmi Note 8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211103-122016_Trebuchet_1.png
    Screenshot_20211103-122016_Trebuchet_1.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Knotte and WK 85

king0r

Oct 28, 2015
I have a custom Android 12 ROM (OnePlus 7 Pro). Hence I guess Magisk NoHide is the only option to have root access? Any solution available in order to run Comdirect photo TAN app in a rooted Android 12 ROM?

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I have a custom Android 12 ROM (OnePlus 7 Pro). Hence I guess Magisk NoHide is the only option to have root access? Any solution available in order to run Comdirect photo TAN app in a rooted Android 12 ROM?
Search magisk canary debug 23
It should be fine a while longer to root and hide. Don't update magisk, change update url to a non existing url and you don't get annoying update messages.

hashgb

Jan 8, 2012
The steps described from edwardenglish worked for me:
- Lineage 17.1 with Android 10
- comdirect photoTAN App 8.4.2
- Without Riru it did not work
- All data of the photoTAN app had to be deleted and the registration had to be made again

Top Liked Posts

Where can i get previous version?
    E. G. from Aptoide
    Hello,

I have the same problem :).

How I can found the unroot tool of magisk?

Thanks
    See github magisk (screenshot attached)
    Oh no, I just updated!

Where can i get previous version?
    E. G. from Aptoide
    Since version 8.3.0 additional measures to detect root have been added, do not update as MagiskHide won't be able to prevent detection. Until a solution is found I would recommend staying on the previous version for as long as possible.

Finding out what exactly is causing the root detection is beyond my technical abilities but I would provide as much information needed to those willing to help.

---

The solution found by @pxrave appears to be working:

Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3

Link to the Riru Unshare module:
    Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Remove data from tan app

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3
    So guys
    My favorite solution:
    Magisk canary
    Riru
    Riru unshare
    Riru lsposed
    Xprivacilua 1.30

Safety net is ok
    Phototan working
    Update to latest v23
    Remove data from tan app

Just went through this process. For me it was sufficiant to update to magisk v23, rename magisk, install riru and riru unshare, hide all processes of phototan app in magisk hide and *clear cache* only for phototan app. This way I did not have to re-activate the phototan app (nor to wait 2 days) again.
    xprivacylua

I have too devices.
    a note 9 with android 10 and a note 20 ultra 5g Android 11.
    Note 9 phototan app working.
    Note 20 phototan app dont working, same setting, inntresting.

I know, the innstall on my note 9 was not correct, installed the apk again over it and the same message comes up that it is not allowed, downgrade ok and wait is now announced.

edit:
    Now fry me a stork, I have downgraded the phototan app on my note9, now it works without problems on my Note 20.
    I don't understand what's going on.

Please take a look at yourself to see if the phototan app, all options in magisk hidden, are activated?

Now fry me a stork? 🤣 English for runaways, I break together and also my english is not the yellow from the egg 😂😂😂
    I didn't say something of the horse if I say you're a german like me🤣