Comdirect photoTAN app detecting root

Search This thread

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
If in future we can't get it working with any other tricks may we try this Methode and post the mod APK here

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Or, easier, take a file manager with built-in text editor like the file manager plus, allow it to access /, navigate to the file and edit it using the editor

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
The path is /data/data/...

And in the session above a blank is missing between ...8.2.0' and setup-phototan.json

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
You need to get access to / in order to be able to access /data/data. /Android is wrong.

Use

sed -i...

not sed-i.

You must not install 8.5.0, because it detects root w/o Zygisk

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
It is changed if you start the phototan app with internet access. Otherwise you need to change it again.

But, to be honest, with this lack of understanding how Android and Linux work you should consider not to root your phone...

Last edited:

hansidieter

Jan 12, 2022
Another solution is using Version 6 or 7 of the photoTAN app. They do not use this PushTAN stuff and do not even need internet. (I use 6.0.6 but I read that 7 should also work)

If you cannot access your comdirect account anymore (because a TAN is needed) go to "TAN-Verfahren wiederherstellen" (TAN recovery) and then select, that you have a "Lesegerät" instead of a "Smartphone".

Now scan with your old version of the app scan the image on the Aktivierungsbrief (activation letter) and then the code on the website.

The old app gives you a TAN. Enter the TAN on the website and you are in.

Guess this will work until comdirct decides to get rid of these dedicated photoTAN devices which hopefully will not happen soon.

Only disadvantage is that "Push PhotoTAN" does not work anymore, you must always scan the photoTAN codes now.

-----------

When this workaround does not work anymore I will consider changing my Bank.

I also an account with ING Diba and they do not appear to do any serious root detection at all.

Even without MagiskHide the ING Banking app does not complain about root.

Last edited:
Reactions: reayard and gorthon

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Another solution is using Version 6 or 7 of the photoTAN app. They do not use this PushTAN stuff and do not even need internet. (I use 6.0.6 but I read that 7 should also work)

If you cannot access your comdirect account anymore (because a TAN is needed) go to "TAN-Verfahren wiederherstellen" (TAN recovery) and then select, that you have a "Lesegerät" instead of a "Smartphone".

Now scan with your old version of the app scan the image on the Aktivierungsbrief (activation letter) and then the code on the website.

Guess this will work until comdirct decides to get rid of these dedicated photoTAN devices which hopefully will not happen soon.

Only disadvantage is that "Push PhotoTAN" does not work anymore, you must always scan the photoTAN codes now.

-----------

I also an account with ING Diba and they do not appear to do any serious root detection at all.

AFAIK they cannot get rid of dedicated TAN devices because they are regulatorily obliged to offer a SCA method that works without a phone. So your workaround should just continue working

-----------

Version 7.x doesn't seem to enable the camera for me. could activate 6.x though, will see if that's good enough. i have a non-rooted backup device but it's annoying to use that ....

i also can't get the regular comdirect and trading app to work anymore, while on non-rooted device there's no problem.

Somebody checked out this app for all?
finanzblick Online-Banking
I'm using Finanzblick to manage several accounts and services, however they are just accessing each banks data endpoints to request for account statement or bank transfer, which will prompt your banks method of tan authentication... So in case for Comdirect it will also send a pushtan which you would have to enable in your regular tan app ... So it's not an replacement for us here...

Version 7.x doesn't seem to enable the camera for me. could activate 6.x though, will see if that's good enough. i have a non-rooted backup device but it's annoying to use that ....

i also can't get the regular comdirect and trading app to work anymore, while on non-rooted device there's no problem.
Ok.

Comdirect and trading app was not working because I added the Comdirect Server to my blacklist (didn't think of that) so this is resolved.

Phototan ... Have tried 6.x, 7.x which unfortunate does not help at all, because after enabling phototan-push there is no actual way back to those apps.

In trading and banking app both applications prompt you to start the phototan app to get your pushtan ... Which will fail for these older versions. So the use case is quite limited the other two apps then not being very useful

I have a working workaround and Backup non-rooted device, will have to wait and see when android 12 and zygisk stable come around for my device.

It's extremely frustrating where as any kind of transaction above 30 euro requires pushtan, ... For the time spending to get a workaround we could've just used the sms tan for the small fee. But I guess we start to take this matter personal.

r4p70r

addition:
you have to manually enable zygote option in settings after installing the canary version of magisk-app. If you miss that part you cant enable the safenet-fix module. so you should add this as 1a). (its what you basically did under bullet point 6)

unfortunately the whole process doesnt work for me... Redmi note 7, miui EU, android 10
The problem is Android 10
You need 11 or 12.

bgsdeluxe

Feb 23, 2013
Hello everybody.
Am following this thread and came across a strange issue. To avoid any issues with already given and working permissions I did not uninstall magisk and switched to canary version. Before I wanted to try the riru module instead.
After installing the module Magisk wanted to restart system. Unfortunately neither the installation out of Magisk, nor the installation from internal source resulted in riru showing up under installed modules.
Taking a look in the log reveals the following error: sh:20400 unknown operand, followed by a path to a local directory: line 32: install_module: not found
My device is running Android 12 (LOS 19), rooted with Magisk v23 and with working safetynet. No issues with anything so far. Magisk Hide is enabled for Playstore and is working fine. At the moment the issue turned up Magisk itself was hidden. I restored the app by now, but error is still the same.
Might be a wild guess, but do I need to create that path myself perhaps before trying to install riru?

Any hint is highly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Nope, that didn't solve the issue. Log still mentions install_module: not found
EDIT 2: Weird...after re-installing Magisk within Magisk itself, modules can be installed now. Safetynet still fine, but although Magisk is hidden again, riru + riru unshared are activated and all options within Magisk Hide for the photoTAN app are enabled it still detects root. Looks like this method isn't working. Although this was reported here earlier I wanted to try for myself, before going on with any other weird method (airplane mode, older versions...those are definitely no options for me!).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since version 8.3.0 additional measures to detect root have been added, do not update as MagiskHide won't be able to prevent detection. Until a solution is found I would recommend staying on the previous version for as long as possible.

Finding out what exactly is causing the root detection is beyond my technical abilities but I would provide as much information needed to those willing to help.

---

Update: December 14th 2021 - Method no longer sufficient

---

The solution found by @pxrave appears to be working:

Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3

Link to the Riru Unshare module:
    1. deinstall old magisk-app
    2. install canary.apk
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/canary/app-debug.apk
    2.1 install safenet-fix modul
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v2.2.1/safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip
    (will not be active until you finished step 3.)
    3. repatch boot.rom with "install" & "direct" (installieren & direkte installation)
    4. after that reboot, etc... it should look sth like this
    1.jpg

5. go to settings (red arrow)
    6. hide app (2.), enable zygisk (if not allready running) 3, enable deny-list (4), config deny-list (5)
    2.jpg

7. enable all 3 processes
    3.jpg

8. add other apps you may need in deny-list... like google pay & google play services

during the hole process you may have to reboot your phone
    Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3
    To get rid of the Airplane mode (or toggling data off/on) I figured how to block the connection to the upgrade service right on the phone. The requests go to 'api.comdirect.de'.

Use blacklist in TrackerControl
    -> Settings / Advanced options / Import hosts file (append)

Create a file on the phone with this content:
    0.0.0.0 api.comdirect.de

This way I can leave the connection to the internet on when starting/using the app.
    No version check can be performed, so the app should work forever ...

One cannot use the TAN push service anymore but only the „photoTAN Grafik“.
    So guys
    My favorite solution:
    Magisk canary
    Riru
    Riru unshare
    Riru lsposed
    Xprivacilua 1.30

Safety net is ok
    Phototan working