Comdirect photoTAN app detecting root

Search This thread

Genmutant

May 11, 2012
@Genmutant

No riru module, even not unshare?

Is there is no longer an isolated process service in 8.5.0, that needs to be handled by unshare?
I have HiddenCore installed in riru, but not active according to the lsposed manager. I have and isolated phototan service in magisk hide activated, next to the normal phototan and a phototan:missing_splits.

I don't even know why I have riru still installed, but better not change anything while everything works.

Ah I overlooked that I have riru enhanced mode installed in magisk. That's probably why it works?

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Yes, riru enhanced mode is unshare. It is needed to cover the isolated stuff.

Did you install MagiskHide Props Config only, or have you changed some props?

p3rsi2k

Feb 16, 2011
The only thing I noticed in between was, that tan-app is closing a few times - or better saying: its hiding in the background - but no force closing at all.

I need to start the app a few times to perform the tan-action but it works... :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_122458.jpg
    IMG_20220129_122458.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 38

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
I changed the fingerprint, don't know to what though. Can I look that up?
Sorry, I am not familiar with it. I have read about it after you mentioned it. It hides some values which might be read by the phototan app in order to detect root, so installing the module might be sufficient, together with riru unshare.
I would give it try only if I can be sure.

Genmutant

May 11, 2012
Sorry, I am not familiar with it. I have read about it after you mentioned it. It hides some values which might be read by the phototan app in order to detect root, so installing the module might be sufficient, together with riru unshare.
I would give it try only if I can be sure.
So I looked it up, I changed it to the same phone that I have (OP 5t), which seems useless.

I think it took like half a day to get phototan and Sparkasse working, changing a lot of stuff around. So I can't unfortunately say for sure what settings are required to get it working.

Sorath_84

Jul 24, 2019
So I looked it up, I changed it to the same phone that I have (OP 5t), which seems useless.

I think it took like half a day to get phototan and Sparkasse working, changing a lot of stuff around. So I can't unfortunately say for sure what settings are required to get it working.

Great to hear you got it to work!
Can you perhaps mention in wich sections you changed stuff?
You can export the config file to have a look.

I would like to reproduce the result.

(-:

tko

Oct 23, 2005
I just noticed that that Theres an Update for then phototan App. Did someone updated allready? If yes... still working? 😄

lordnils

Aug 3, 2010
Hey guys!

I can't get it to work! :(

My configuration:
- SafetyNet: YASNAC says: Pass with BASIC profile
- Play store attestation: Device is certified
- Google Pay works with contactless payments (used it several times in shops)
- Magisk 24.1, hidden, Zygisk acitvated
- DenyList NOT enforced but all Banking-related things on DenyList fully activated
- No TWRP folder on sdcard

Magisk modules:
- Shamiko 0.4.4 (says "Shamiko is working as blacklist mode")
- Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.1
- GPay SQLite Fix 2.8
- Zygisk - LSPosed 1.7.2
- Enhance mode for HideMyApplist (configured to hide ALL root stuff for the banking apps)

But: Comdirect (and dkb tan2Go as well) says device is rooted. :(

Is there anything I'm missing? It seems like on other devices there is much "less" to do to get it working. I would be glad about any hint what else I could try!

Edit:
Just tried Enforcing DenyList (and rebooting afterwards) again since the thread about "Magisk 24.1 zygisk and lsposed" mentioned this but it doesn't change the behaviour. Also I delete data for the photoTAN app for every new attempt of course. Should be the same effect as reinstalling right?

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Have a look to the phototan app in the deny list. I find 3 services there, one, the ..._zygote, is very new.
All are checked in my enforced deny list, and it works w/o any other special modules or configuration except for the safetynet fix.

diemadedrei

Mar 13, 2012
OnePlus 6
Hey guys!

I can't get it to work! :(

My configuration:
- SafetyNet: YASNAC says: Pass with BASIC profile
- Play store attestation: Device is certified
- Google Pay works with contactless payments (used it several times in shops)
- Magisk 24.1, hidden, Zygisk acitvated
- DenyList NOT enforced but all Banking-related things on DenyList fully activated
- No TWRP folder on sdcard

Magisk modules:
- Shamiko 0.4.4 (says "Shamiko is working as blacklist mode")
- Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.1
- GPay SQLite Fix 2.8
- Zygisk - LSPosed 1.7.2
- Enhance mode for HideMyApplist (configured to hide ALL root stuff for the banking apps)

But: Comdirect (and dkb tan2Go as well) says device is rooted. :(

Is there anything I'm missing? It seems like on other devices there is much "less" to do to get it working. I would be glad about any hint what else I could try!

Edit:
Just tried Enforcing DenyList (and rebooting afterwards) again since the thread about "Magisk 24.1 zygisk and lsposed" mentioned this but it doesn't change the behaviour. Also I delete data for the photoTAN app for every new attempt of course. Should be the same effect as reinstalling right?
What android version are you using? It will only work with 11 and up

lordnils

Aug 3, 2010
Have a look to the phototan app in the deny list. I find 3 services there, one, the ..._zygote, is very new.
All are checked in my enforced deny list, and it works w/o any other special modules or configuration except for the safetynet fix.
Yeah just checked again, they are all enabled.

What android version are you using? It will only work with 11 and up
Ah I forgot the basic info. It's stock Android 11 from Xiaomi:
- Device: Xiaomi Mi 9 Se
- MIUI Global 12.5.1 Stable RFBMIXM (newest official from here: https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/grus/)
- Android: 11 RKQ1.200826.002

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Don't have an idea.

For my Android 11 Zygisk, deny list and Safetynet fix is sufficient and working. I came from v23 these days and did not clean anything, but put all apps formerly hidden to the deny list before starting them under v24.1

I would reinstall the apps and put them to the deny list before starting them

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Since version 8.3.0 additional measures to detect root have been added, do not update as MagiskHide won't be able to prevent detection. Until a solution is found I would recommend staying on the previous version for as long as possible.

Finding out what exactly is causing the root detection is beyond my technical abilities but I would provide as much information needed to those willing to help.

---

Update: December 14th 2021 - Method no longer sufficient

---

The solution found by @pxrave appears to be working

Link to the Riru Unshare module:
I tried this app today.
Before:
Screenshot_2022-03-07-19-00-34-803_com.comdirect.phototan.jpg

After:
Screenshot_2022-03-07-19-08-14-981_com.comdirect.phototan.jpg

About how hiding root actually?
I've installed Magisk v24.2, LSPosed v1.7.2, Shamiko v0.4.4, XPrivacyLua v1.30, Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.2.1 and everything is working perfectly.
I can hide root/xposed/lsposed/zygisk and fix safetynet, using it, please read my reply:

Last edited:

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Riru unshare is supposed to be not sufficient since 8.4.0 or 8.5.0. I therefore stick to 8.3.0 for a longer period of time.
Is this the only module you have installed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since version 8.3.0 additional measures to detect root have been added, do not update as MagiskHide won't be able to prevent detection. Until a solution is found I would recommend staying on the previous version for as long as possible.

Finding out what exactly is causing the root detection is beyond my technical abilities but I would provide as much information needed to those willing to help.

---

Update: December 14th 2021 - Method no longer sufficient

---

The solution found by @pxrave appears to be working:

Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3

Link to the Riru Unshare module:
    1. deinstall old magisk-app
    2. install canary.apk
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/canary/app-debug.apk
    2.1 install safenet-fix modul
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v2.2.1/safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip
    (will not be active until you finished step 3.)
    3. repatch boot.rom with "install" & "direct" (installieren & direkte installation)
    4. after that reboot, etc... it should look sth like this
    1.jpg

5. go to settings (red arrow)
    6. hide app (2.), enable zygisk (if not allready running) 3, enable deny-list (4), config deny-list (5)
    2.jpg

7. enable all 3 processes
    3.jpg

8. add other apps you may need in deny-list... like google pay & google play services

during the hole process you may have to reboot your phone
    Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3
    To get rid of the Airplane mode (or toggling data off/on) I figured how to block the connection to the upgrade service right on the phone. The requests go to 'api.comdirect.de'.

Use blacklist in TrackerControl
    -> Settings / Advanced options / Import hosts file (append)

Create a file on the phone with this content:
    0.0.0.0 api.comdirect.de

This way I can leave the connection to the internet on when starting/using the app.
    No version check can be performed, so the app should work forever ...

One cannot use the TAN push service anymore but only the „photoTAN Grafik“.
    So guys
    My favorite solution:
    Magisk canary
    Riru
    Riru unshare
    Riru lsposed
    Xprivacilua 1.30

Safety net is ok
    Phototan working