Comdirect photoTAN app detecting root

Search This thread
Just installed Shamiko and configured the denylist, left enforce off and still getting the "root detected" message in the phototan app. Yes, cleared cache prior to it. Whats wrong here?

The normal comdirect app is working (and worked prior to Shamiko too).

Do i need to install LSPosed for Shamiko too?

Thanks!
same here,

for me it get recognized instantly after opening the app, maybe we should investigate if it's looking for other apps similar to magisk, or root related, maybe developer options / adb enable.

have had a few weeks/if not month no issues, but now the cat and mouse game for me is back. i still have an alternative device where i can unlock, so it's acceptable but it's pretty annoying.

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
But what has changed the game, if it was working for a longer period of time?

8.7.0 is a few weeks old. Did you install it in the last days?

My developer options as well as adb are on, and it is still working.

But what has changed the game, if it was working for a longer period of time?

8.7.0 is a few weeks old. Did you install it in the last days?

My developer options as well as adb are on, and it is still working.
i'm not using phototan daily.

recent changes have been
- pixelify magisk module (it unlocks a few google things - safetynet, googlepay and whatsoever still working flawless)
- i updated to xiaomi miui 13 from 12 maybe about 3 weeks ago, i would assume it was working with the newest version, but can't be for sure, as i said it's basically the only application which detects root. but it should've been working on android 12, because i made sure after reading the posts about denylist and whatnot to at least try it out.

- trading app and banking app does not detect root

i have tried a few more things to make it work.

- delete google play store data
- delete google play services data

reboot => this led in being in some sort of endless-boot state (not reboot but sticking at boot oem logo

to fix "boot-stuck" i've unloaded all magisk modules which includes pixelify module

- then add shamiko again
- add safetynetfix
- make sure processes are hidden in denylist

and for the time being it seems to work.

so my problem in previous posts have either been
- pixelify
- play store/play services not providing a "root-free"-feedback to the tan-app.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Again:
You have to make a difference for your replies and say if you're on Android 10 or 11 and above.

If you are in 11 or above like me ONLY magisk >24 and zygisk enforcing with all 3 on phototan and of course google play store and services (delete cache and data after enabled and restart then google play shows certified) is needed. May be safety net fix needed but for me on crdroid 12 isn't needed.

If you read the whole thread you'll see there'll be differences in android versions with banking apps....

Try to get android 12 and follow guide .....success

geekborg

Aug 9, 2017
I have a banking application from a French bank (Hello bank).
It refuses to run the "digital key" that allows money transfers when root is detected or safetynet is not activated.
I activated safetynet with the 2 modules "universalsafetynet fix" + "magiskhide propsconfig".
To hide the root I first hide the magisk application on magisk manager settings->hide magisk application.
Then I install the last Shamiko module and I test it with the "magisk detector" app.
When "magisk detector" doesn't detect anything more my banking application works normally

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
Caution, the newest version 8.7.1 detects root again, at least on my device (Magisk v25.2 with deny list and safetynet fix)

Edit: Seems that the manager app is detected. After freezing it I have no further issues yet.

Last edited:

Marty4

Jan 8, 2013
Caution, the newest version 8.7.1 detects root again, at least on my device (Magisk v25.2 with deny list and safetynet fix)

Edit: Seems that the manager app is detected. After freezing it I have no further issues yet.
Thank you for the warning about version 8.7.1, @Asellus!

Is it really necessary to freeze the Manager app? Is it also possible to hide it via the Magisk settings menu?

Asellus

Sep 12, 2008
Aachen
I have created two easy MacroDroid makros, one for starting Magisk by unfreezing and starting it, onr for freezing it. Both can be started by launcher buttons. So I start Magisk with the first button and freeze it again using the second.
The freezing makro is also started while starting photoTAN and SecureGo+, just if I forgot to freeze the Manager app after using it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since version 8.3.0 additional measures to detect root have been added, do not update as MagiskHide won't be able to prevent detection. Until a solution is found I would recommend staying on the previous version for as long as possible.

Finding out what exactly is causing the root detection is beyond my technical abilities but I would provide as much information needed to those willing to help.

---

Update: December 14th 2021 - Method no longer sufficient

---

The solution found by @pxrave appears to be working:

Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3

Link to the Riru Unshare module:
    1. deinstall old magisk-app
    2. install canary.apk
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/topjohnwu/magisk-files/canary/app-debug.apk
    2.1 install safenet-fix modul
    https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/download/v2.2.1/safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip
    (will not be active until you finished step 3.)
    3. repatch boot.rom with "install" & "direct" (installieren & direkte installation)
    4. after that reboot, etc... it should look sth like this
    1.jpg

5. go to settings (red arrow)
    6. hide app (2.), enable zygisk (if not allready running) 3, enable deny-list (4), config deny-list (5)
    2.jpg

7. enable all 3 processes
    3.jpg

8. add other apps you may need in deny-list... like google pay & google play services

during the hole process you may have to reboot your phone
    Hey fellas I got it working and others apps detect magisk before.

Update to latest v23
    Install modules riru and riru unshare
    Remove data from tan app
    Go to magisk hide and tick all process to hide included the isolated
    Start the tan app and do the activation again.

Problem you need wait 2 days to activate because comdirect use new activation process for photo tan app.

Working fine all version 8.3
    To get rid of the Airplane mode (or toggling data off/on) I figured how to block the connection to the upgrade service right on the phone. The requests go to 'api.comdirect.de'.

Use blacklist in TrackerControl
    -> Settings / Advanced options / Import hosts file (append)

Create a file on the phone with this content:
    0.0.0.0 api.comdirect.de

This way I can leave the connection to the internet on when starting/using the app.
    No version check can be performed, so the app should work forever ...

One cannot use the TAN push service anymore but only the „photoTAN Grafik“.
    So guys
    My favorite solution:
    Magisk canary
    Riru
    Riru unshare
    Riru lsposed
    Xprivacilua 1.30

Safety net is ok
    Phototan working