Question Coming from a Pixel 4 XL, will I be satisfied with photo quality?

Search This thread

Magiconthetire1

Aug 18, 2022
Hello all!

I would love for you all to give your opinion on the OnePlus 9 camera in comparison to something like my Pixel 4 XL. My OnePlus 9 which I purchased on eBay arrives tomorrow and I am slightly worried that although the battery and performance will be a huge upgrade over my 4XL I'm concerned after reading mixed reviews about the image quality.

Coming from those who have tried pixel devices do you feel that the OnePlus 9 is in any way comparable to the pixels image quality? If you came from a pixel are you satisfied with the OnePlus 9 camera performance? Is it at least acceptable for someone like me who has children in a lot of sports in likes taking action shots?

I appreciate all of yours input and thank you for your time

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
My Pixel 3 XL took way better pictures across the board. The lack of OIS on the 9 is unforgivable. I use the GCam mod that was posted around here and that's at least passable but the only thing I like about the OnePlus cam over the Pixel is that it doesn't blow out reds. As someone with rosacea, it's nice that a minor flare up doesn't make me look like a tomato.

eliasdeejay

Jun 9, 2018
My Pixel 3 XL took way better pictures across the board. The lack of OIS on the 9 is unforgivable. I use the GCam mod that was posted around here and that's at least passable but the only thing I like about the OnePlus cam over the Pixel is that it doesn't blow out reds. As someone with rosacea, it's nice that a minor flare up doesn't make me look like a tomato.
can you give me the link for the gcam u r using? thanks a lot i cant find good gcam for op9

Reactions: Tepes4

aaronbaird1

Dec 25, 2008
I just switched from the OP9 to a pixel 5, which i believe has the same camera sensor as the 4, and I think the photos on the OP9 were much nicer. Sure google has good processing but the image is so grainy on the pixel 5.

On the plus side my pixel 5 isnt crashing / randomly rebooting five times a day so i'm happy.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
can you give me the link for the gcam u r using? thanks a lot i cant find good gcam for op9
I use this one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.