Coming out of Hibernation

Search This thread

MARKREIF

Apr 25, 2010
Orange County NY
I'm trying to get this device up to date. Coming out of storage it's on Android 6.0 Security Patch 2/1/2016... TruPureXMM 2.9 Build. Is there a quick and easy way to get this device onto a current ROM?

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Pure
Moto X4
Assuming you have the XT1575, you can try here. This will bring you up to stock nougat with an OTA out there if you choose to take it.

Just a couple of caveats if you flash nougat: Once you do so it limits the availability of custom roms greatly. As far as I know this is the last available stock flashable images so if you take the OTA, flashing it again could cause issues as it is considered "downgrading". I personally wanted to root so I did not relock my bootloader and froze my phone taking the OTA so I could always flash the full image should anything go wrong.

MARKREIF

Apr 25, 2010
Orange County NY
Thanks..,. Yes I am talking about the XT1575. Can you also point me in the direction of maintaining my current Root status..... While upgrading to what you would consider the best current rooted ROM.
Thanks

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Pure
Moto X4
Thanks..,. Yes I am talking about the XT1575. Can you also point me in the direction of maintaining my current Root status..... While upgrading to what you would consider the best current rooted ROM.
Thanks
I personally stick with rooted stock. Mileage varies person to person on custom so I just play it safe.

If you go stock rooted, make sure you pay attention when flashing the stock nougat and do the steps in the post that keeps your bootloader unlocked. After stock ROM is flashed, temp flash TWRP, do a backup, then TWRP again and flash root option of your choice. I personally use Magisk to root so apps pass the SafetyNet checks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    all's well went with ResurrectionRemix staying on 6.0 quite pleased - thanks for your help