Community development strength

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
You're a power user. Can the Moto G6 keep up? Rate this thread to express how "healthy" the development scene is for the Moto G6. A higher rating indicates available root methods, kernels, and custom ROMs.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: akshay.ku

Nooljaw

May 8, 2019
EDIT: XDA put my review in here for some reason.

As for developer strength, the G6 is easy enough to unlock/root, and with great band support and a cheap price it's likely to get some interest when Motorola stops updating it.

You can compare interest in various Motorola phones by scrolling through here to get a better idea: https://forum.xda-developers.com/motorola

Last edited:
Reactions: bubbyj

tintn00

Jul 3, 2011
It's a good affordable phone, but never really picked up popularity in the community when comparing to the big guns. Despite being easy to unlock/root, there still isn't a feasible way to upgrade the OS on a rooted phone without having to do a hard wipe each time.

Baronstragen

May 25, 2020
Not to necro an old thread, but we should comment on where this forum was in 2019 vs 2020. Many developments have been made, 64 bit ROMS have been launched, major improvement year over year. As a power user, I'm very happy with the forum currently.

Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You're a power user. Can the Moto G6 keep up? Rate this thread to express how "healthy" the development scene is for the Moto G6. A higher rating indicates available root methods, kernels, and custom ROMs.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    EDIT: XDA put my review in here for some reason.

As for developer strength, the G6 is easy enough to unlock/root, and with great band support and a cheap price it's likely to get some interest when Motorola stops updating it.

You can compare interest in various Motorola phones by scrolling through here to get a better idea: https://forum.xda-developers.com/motorola