[COMP]Desire or Supersonic??

Search This thread

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
Hi,

I wonder what will be the differences between the Desire and the Supersonic.

As far as I know the Supersonic is the same as the Desire but has the 4.3" screen like the HD2 has had. Ans the over all design may differ.

So did you here some more differences between them two?

And when does the Supersonic come? I heard in summer, maybe june?!

Coatezy

Nov 18, 2009
Bristol
I just get what is available at the time.. I.e when the iPhone 3gs came out I gave that a go.. Gave that up for the HD2.. Will be changing from the HD2 to the desire... Next will either be Supersonic? or Possible next iPhone??? Unless something more interesting arrives in the mean time.. :) Guess its a bit like PC's... You could always be waiting for the next best thing the way smart phones are going at the moment.. :rolleyes:

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
Then go for the HTC Scorpion/Olympian in Q3 2010. With dual-core snapdragon 1.5Ghz :D

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/09/htc-scorpion-with-1-5ghz-snapdragon-wimax-tipped-in-build-file/

Qualcomm details:
Code:
The single-chip, dual-CPU QSD8672™ includes most of the above features, in addition to:

* Dual CPUs, up to 1.5 GHz for faster response and processing
    * Low-power 45nm process technology for higher integration and performance
    * Higher-resolution WSXGA ([B]1440 x 900[/B]) display support
    * High-definition (1080p) video recording and playback
    * Support for HSPA+ networks - 28 Mbps downloads and 11 Mbps uploads
    * Supports CDMA2000 1X, 1xEV-DO Rel 0/A/B networks
    * Improved 3D graphics - up to 80M triangles/sec and 500M+ 3D pixels/sec

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
Yeah as far as I know it has a 4.3 inch screen and maybe some more RAM and ROM. I have an 4.3 inch screen now, which has pro's and con's. IMO the perfect screen would be between 3.7 and 4.0 inch..

The supersonic is probably going to be more expensive as well. I would go for the desire.

Polarfuchs

Apr 20, 2008
@XDA mark.

Can you say a little bit more about the screen size?

Whats the downside for you of a 4.3"?

xrCore

Feb 19, 2010
Then go for the HTC Scorpion/Olympian in Q3 2010. With dual-core snapdragon 1.5Ghz :D

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/09/htc-scorpion-with-1-5ghz-snapdragon-wimax-tipped-in-build-file/

Qualcomm details:
Code:
The single-chip, dual-CPU QSD8672™ includes most of the above features, in addition to:

Great scott, that is mighty powerful. If this is true, my next phone will have a better display than my 15.6'' vaio laptop.

All Day On XDA

@XDA mark.

Sorry to but in. I've owned the HD2 as well. The 4.3" is awesome to use but it is a fraction on the big side (and I have large hands). You will need deep pockets or a purse.

After a month, I was used to it and it felt perfectly natural. Having said that, I think I agree with the sentiment that 3.7" - 4.0" is the sweet spot.

wankingweiner

Mar 14, 2010

XDA mark

Dec 30, 2009
Rotterdam (NL) & Timisoara (RO)
@XDA mark.

Sure.

First of all, 4.3'' screen means BIG phone. It is just a tiny bit to large to stay 'naturally' in your hand. When you have 2 hands available and you are not moving it is not such a big problem, but when only having one hand and on the move it can be 'not pleasant'. So again, nothing that is really bad, but it is not perfect either.

4.3'' inch screen with 480x800 resolution also is not as sharp as 3.7 inch and the same resolution. Not that the HD2's screen is not amazing though.

Overall what I am trying to say is: it is nice to have a 4.3'' inch screen, but somehow I feel it is not needed. The iPhone's screen is now tiny for me, and I feel that is TOO small. But I asume 3.7'' is just fine. I really think at the moment 3.7 to 4.0 inch is the perfect size, for the current operating system's and applications made for them.

Hope this clears up what I was talking about :)

To not forget that 4.3 inch screen can be very nice sometimes: Browsing and watching movies is off course better on such a large screen!

StuMcBill

Feb 13, 2010

Qualcomm details:
Code:

Dual 1.5GHz CPU?? The battery will have to be the size of a small African Nation to get more than a few hours use from it? :p

don_sefer

Jan 3, 2010
The Supersonic looks like its going to Sprint. They use CDMA, so it wont be coming to Europe at all. I was so disappointed when i found this out, but i moved on to the Desire..

There is also a special T-Mobile US Version of HD2... I think the Supersonic
will come to europe with other bands used over here... HTC dont produces
such a nice phone and miss the chance to make much money....

Baldyman1966

Mar 12, 2009
Knowing the way HTC likes to play mix and match with it's phones I would not pt it past them to release a 3G GSM version of the supersonic, though obviously it would be called something else.