Question Company Portal (InTune) detects root - anyone else?

Search This thread

niciuffo

Sep 7, 2012
I got the same issue with an App called "SwissID". It recognizes magisk for some reason. All other Apps work (like banking, google wallet etc.)
Was wondering if you found a way to make SwissID work? I have tried the suggestions in this and other threads but no matter what I do, the app recognizes Magisk and closes on start.

nri_tech1183

Jan 4, 2015
Still doesn't work. Its weird because it worked for one night and the next morning it stopped.

UPDATE: its LSPosed I think. But this is the only way to force dark mode on some apps....

UPDATE 2: I disabled forced dark mode on all Microsoft apps in LSPosed plugin and its looking good so far...

UPDATE 3: Had a full day with not a single root detection notification. Looks solid!
Not working at all here!

znbaboy

Feb 6, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
UPDATE: hmm. I haven't gotten root detection error from the apps for a while now. Cant remember if it happened before i updated magisk or after. I am currently using the latest Magisk canary build + enforce zygisk list + universal SafetyNet fix by kdrag0n. Will report back if it detects again.

UPDATE 2: yeah nvm, i got root detection again. I noticed it didn't happen until i signed into the Microsoft 365 app (office 365). May be just a coincidence though.

UPDATE 3: i think canary magisk was the issue. Shamiko is working again

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shamiko has stopped working for me :(

When you have it installed and activated, outlook and teams seem to crash immediately after launching them. Rip

What works for me now is having SafetyNet fix + Shamiko disabled/uninstalled + Enforce Zygisk list enabled. Then everytime my apps detect root, i use a script to force close and clear all cache on Microsoft apps. Then it works again for a little bit until it detects root again.

Here is the script for anyone interested (use at your own risk):

Code:
am force-stop com.microsoft.office.outlook
am force-stop com.microsoft.office.officehubrow
am force-stop com.microsoft.teams
am force-stop com.microsoft.windowsintune.companyportal

cd ~/data/data/com.microsoft.office.outlook && rm -rf cache
cd ~/data/data/com.microsoft.office.officehubrow && rm -rf cache
cd ~/data/data/com.microsoft.teams && rm -rf cache
cd ~/data/data/com.microsoft.windowsintune.companyportal && rm -rf cache

Last edited:

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010
Working solution:
I followed this tutorial here and it works like a charm for me.
https://github.com/adrianmmiller/Hide-My-Applist-Guide

I'm using Magisk 25.2 + shamiko +universal safety fix + Zygisk lsposed + Hide my Applist

Don't forget to also hide Magisk app.

To check for root detection, use this apo called Ruru. Tells you about detected root related stuff. Add it to hide my Applist and check if you get all checks like in the screenshot. It's fine if it still detects the HMApplist app or the hidden magisk package name. Root will be hidden perfectly for the apps you mention.

I use Intune, Outlook, teams and Microsoft 365. All working fine without ever detecting root.
Also banking apps working fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230401-000238.png
    Screenshot_20230401-000238.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Here is how I have currently acheived it on the 7

Pixel 7 (Panther) - Android 13 May 23 security patch - TQ2A.230505.002
Other module(s) installed without a direct impact
  • AOSPMods-253.zip Canary - update to canary from within app/updates section of standard release AOSP mods
  • Substratum and Liv Dark theme from playstore

Update : root is sometimes detected when I click a link. I will investigate later but I am assuming it's a process linked to edge browser that I haven't added to deny list.
Until I click a link email and teams work perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: fergalc

skyraven83

Apr 27, 2014

• AOSPMods-253.zip Canary - update to canary from within app/updates section of standard release AOSP mods

Update : root is sometimes detected when I click a link. I will investigate later but I am assuming it's a process linked to edge browser that I haven't added to deny list.

does this work for the new Postfinance app too?

I just saw that my old trick with having Magisk renamed does not work anymore. Not sure what they changed in the way they do root detection.

gj4560

Hi all, I have a Pixel 7 Pro rooted with Magisk 26.1 on the stock July firmware. I am unable to pass the Intune Company Portal root detection which means I cannot access my work's Teams, no matter what I try. I am using Displax's mod of Universal SafetyNet Fix as well as Shamiko (0.7.3) and LSPosed/Hide My Applist. I have set up HMA with the correct template (and applied the template to Teams/ICP) to hide all traces of Magisk as well as any root/LSPosed apps and modules and I've added ICP and Teams to the Magisk deny list but no matter what, ICP will not let me use Teams as it says I am using a rooted device. I've tried multiple reinstalls of Teams and ICP, device reboots, etc to no avail. Using the "Applist Detector" app offered by the HMA devs shows ticks on all categories, indicating nothing is found. If anyone has any idea on what I need to do to try and pass the check, it will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

shivam0909

Sep 28, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 2
Hi all, I have a Pixel 7 Pro rooted with Magisk 26.1 on the stock July firmware. I am unable to pass the Intune Company Portal root detection which means I cannot access my work's Teams, no matter what I try. I am using Displax's mod of Universal SafetyNet Fix as well as Shamiko (0.7.3) and LSPosed/Hide My Applist. I have set up HMA with the correct template (and applied the template to Teams/ICP) to hide all traces of Magisk as well as any root/LSPosed apps and modules and I've added ICP and Teams to the Magisk deny list but no matter what, ICP will not let me use Teams as it says I am using a rooted device. I've tried multiple reinstalls of Teams and ICP, device reboots, etc to no avail. Using the "Applist Detector" app offered by the HMA devs shows ticks on all categories, indicating nothing is found. If anyone has any idea on what I need to do to try and pass the check, it will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)
If possible can you try switching to Magisk Delta? It has Magisk Hide. Uninstall the Intune Portal App, switch to Magisk Delta, install Intune Portal. Don't open it yet. Add intune portal, teams etc to the hidelist along with google play store and play services. Once hidden, try opening it. Should work. Works for me. Let me know if you need anything.

haroonasla

Jul 29, 2008
Is anyone facing issues with intune portal post latest update of intune portal on playstore ? Mine is now detecting root. previous version was ok.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Either use Shamiko or MagiskHidePropsConf to mask additional properties. I can confirm that InTune Company Portal works fine with SafetyNetFix + Shamiko
    Thank you for your response. I have still this issue. Did you log in with your work email or personal email to the Company Portal? If you can open Outlook, Teams, or Edge with the Company Portal, everything is okay.

My last attempt was in October, I had installed the latest version of the Company Portal. When I opened Outlook or Teams, it showed me like red "Device is healthy" (in the screenshot). I have tried some ways, but I couldn't solve it. Then, I found the solution in this forum, I downloaded an older version of the Company Portal (2.5.0.5975), and it began to work normally. But I can't open Outlook for a week, it tells me I must update the version of the portal. Therefore, I think that if I update the version of the Company Portal, I can't use it.
    Use files from this link for the following instructions

So... Try this... You'll need to uninstall magisk, whichever version you are using and flash/install the one provided in the link (Magisk Alpha - not to be confused with an alpha version of the original, this version is a fork of the original). I've had issues with numerous apps detecting root in the past, including Barclays UK banking app, but this fork of Magisk really rocks!
    1. Flash Magisk Alpha provided in link and install the app.
    2. Hide the app itself (I call mine Dunkin Donut, rather than the standard 'settings' - not that that should make a difference).
    3. Enable Zygisk
    4. Flash the two modules also induded in the shared link and reboot between each flash (Shamiko v0.7.5 and Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.4.0-MOD 2.0 - by @Displax)
    5. Configure deny list as per the screen shot attached to include all Google parts [ensuring all corresponding tick boxes are ticked for each app, as per screenshot] along with any other apps you need hidden ie Company Portal, Teams, Outlook etc etc.
    6. Go to settings/apps/all apps (3 dot menu, top right, 'Show system apps' also) and clear cache and data for Google parts (Google Play Protect Services, Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework) along with cache and data for all your required apps (Company Portal, Teams, Outlook and Edge).
    7. Reboot phone
    8. That's it. Now try signing in to Comp. Portal, Outlook etc and, fingers crossed, it will all work fine. Good luck.

IF that doesn't work...
    Try uninstalling Comp. Portal, Teams, Outlook, Edge - any of your Microsoft apps.
    Then follow again from step 6 and clear cache/data again (but obviously the Microsoft apps will be missing at this stage).
    Reboot phone
    Re-install your Microsoft apps from newly 'cleaned' Play Store. DON'T open them yet.
    Hide all parts of them in Magisk Hide Deny list.
    Now try signing in and using Comp. Portal etc
    Guys updated hiding patch
    Happened to me as well. I used Shamiko magisk module and it's all good now.
    It is unbelievable. I flashed Magisk Delta V26.4. Systemless hosts, Zygisk, MagiskHide, and Enforce SuList are enabled. The Company Portal with the latest version is working normally!!!
    Glad you got it working in the end. For me, using magisk Delta previously, my main banking app detected root, i find alpha to be more hidden than others. With it my banking app works fine. But either way, glad you got it working (y)