Question Compass not working

Search This thread

flatratte82

Dec 15, 2010
Hi there,
Does anybody else have the problem that the compass it not working? I don't get a direction in Google maps. The direction marker is just turning all the time regardless what I do. I'm on the latest firmware 115 with locked bootloader and off course not rooted.

Reactions: katzelad

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Have you calibrate your compass? There are special instructions in Google Maps how to do so.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Open asus calculator and tap:
,12345+=
Then open single test - digital compass.
If it's fail then I guess you will need to reset phone to factory default settings. Or maybe its hardware related.

dron39

Sep 20, 2009
Then i don't know. Maybe it's better to try some free compass apps from play market?

flatratte82

Dec 15, 2010
I checked the sensors using the app 'GPS Status' and the readings of the magneto meter are looking fine. But the 1st value of the orientation is running from 0 to 360 all the time.

katzelad

Oct 6, 2017
Hi there,
Does anybody else have the problem that the compass it not working? I don't get a direction in Google maps. The direction marker is just turning all the time regardless what I do. I'm on the latest firmware 115 with locked bootloader and off course not rooted.
I have the exact same problem.
Did you find a solution?

angelb64

Nov 20, 2010
I had the same problem and I sent it to the customer service to repair.
Still waiting for it... Status says that they are waiting for some parts.

BTW, I also had an issue with the video stabilization. If stabilization was on then the output was all jumpy (even if my hand didn't move at all). Is your video recording okay?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there,
    I have the exact same problem.
    Did you find a solution?
    The solution was to let the customer service replace the main board. Now everything is fine.
    The video recording is fine after they replaced the main board. Before it was the same as you described.