Compass off on pie?

Search This thread

Kudzus

Nov 10, 2010
Other forums are saying that pie has messed up the compass? Many are seeing their compass off 90 degrees in their note 9.

Anyone seeing that problem?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Me too … Hundreds over at Samsung forums … I spent a few hours one the phone with Sprint, tech finally told me it was a firmware problem and they could do nothing LOLOL … taking mine back tomorrow , 1000 dollar phone and no help

Rsmin

Feb 22, 2012
Me too … Hundreds over at Samsung forums … I spent a few hours one the phone with Sprint, tech finally told me it was a firmware problem and they could do nothing LOLOL … taking mine back tomorrow , 1000 dollar phone and no help
Wow. Sorry that happened. I have had mine too long to take back but haven't taken the update yet.

That's a change of a tiny fraction of a degree this year. You couldn't possibly notice it. People throughout the US are talking about a 90-degree error.

THAT is correct - when I point my phone North in my house (or outside my house), and I know where North is at my House, North on the phone's Compass is pointing due East! 90 degrees off! Re-calibrated in three different apps and even the "*#0*#" Menu - No Go! Only since the Pie/One UI Update! Totally weird - I do not understand how an OS Update could affect an internal hardware sensor in a phone, but hey, what do I know?

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
I do not understand how an OS Update could affect an internal hardware sensor in a phone
The OS provides a layer of software (known as drivers) that interfaces between the sensors and the apps that use the sensors. So if Samsung screws up the drivers, apps will get bad data even though the sensors themselves work properly.

Reactions: jimd1050

Conito11

Feb 22, 2013
They are preparing us for "investment of the magnetic poles", predictive programming...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Other forums are saying that pie has messed up the compass? Many are seeing their compass off 90 degrees in their note 9.

Anyone seeing that problem?

I do not understand how an OS Update could affect an internal hardware sensor in a phone
    The OS provides a layer of software (known as drivers) that interfaces between the sensors and the apps that use the sensors. So if Samsung screws up the drivers, apps will get bad data even though the sensors themselves work properly.