Compatibility with Android Auto

Search This thread

Bwfcmadlad17

Apr 8, 2018
I'm having issues connecting the phone to the head unit now with the android 8.1. It is telling me that there is a error code of communication error 6

shadowgolf

Sep 1, 2008
Hull
For me, the only thing that doesn't work is Play Music. The progress bar moves but there's no sound. BBC iPlayer Radio and TuneIn Radio both work fine. No problems with Maps and phone.

Reactions: rajamakki

DaveP2611

Aug 11, 2014
Basildon
It's poor at best, if you get it working leave it and don't touch anything.

Had a trip in partners Ford Focus - Sync 3 head unit, works fine with Pixel 2XL/XZ1 Compact but this just either didn't want to play anything or when attempting to read a message would give the error "voice commands not available at the moment" same when attempting to use voice commands as well. Once I did get it playing music and maps I just left it as I didn't want to break anything but still no voice commands available.

Jeffislegend

Apr 17, 2018
I'm using a P20 Pro. I have been using android auto in my golf now and everything seems to work fine. The only issues I am having are that I can make calls, but I can't see the phone call on the screen which means I have to use the steering wheel to hangup. When someone rings me I can't see it on my. Infotainment screen. Also can't see all of my contacts. Only my most recent. Hopefully there is a fix coming for this

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Is there someone who could test the compatibility of the P20 Pro extensively with Android Auto? I suspect the general incompatibility (waze, Google music, in call screen,...) of the Mate 10 Pro is still not solved and till now not one review pays attention to this glaring issue. Curious if Huawei has solved this problem with this new phone.

More info on https://www.facebook.com/huaweinotcompatiblewithandroidauto

Just received my P20 Pro yesterday, and just like my all previous Huawei phones (P9, P10, Mate 10 Pro) - it works with AA fine enough (only issue - call screen is not being shown).

takamicool

Nov 8, 2009
It's barely usable...

Well it's my first Huawei phone (coming from an S8) and I'm a big fan of AA probably because of Waze...

Here are my remarks:
- Google Maps works from time to time
- Waze doesn't work at all, I have a black screen
- and for the audio it's impossible to switch between the apps and there's no audio

So unless you're using Google Maps extensively, I don't see why you'd use the P20 Pro with AA.

For those who are thinking how it was with an S8, well it was kind of a all or nothing experience. I've had periods where the phone wouldn't connect to AA and suddenly start working again.

I have also noticed that the cable quality is very important.

micks_address

Apr 12, 2010
Android auto working fine for me. Only issue is the phone charges very slowly when connected. My one plus used to charge much quicker when connected to car head unit

Fmanfer

Apr 21, 2018
Le Havre
Hello I've P20 and vw sportvan, no map (waze or Google maps)... I've black screen. No sound when I want to use Google music... I hope Huawei make something to solve this....

easycure1974

Nov 22, 2005
Eskilstuna
Got a P20 Pro and Android auto is working perfect in my Volkswagen Passat GTE. Been using it daily and everything works fine for me including Waze and Spotify

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

tigamilla

Oct 30, 2017
Doesnt Work

Pioneer X8800BT headunit worked flawlessly with Sony Xperia Z5 Premium so it's not the headunit.

Waze worked for a hour or so with audio then this became a black screen. Google play music "plays" but no sound comes out. In the end I had to unplug the phone from headunit (which I paid good money for) and use the unit as a dumb bluetooth speaker while using Waze directly off the phone...

I think I'll be returning it and getting a Pixel 2 XL unless someone can give me hope that there is work being done to solve this? I don't want to root it just yet because my credit card / banking apps stop working.

Shame as it's an otherwise excellent phone - but this is a deal breaker for me.:(

kajman77

Feb 20, 2010
From my point of view is essential to have a quality USB cable. Everything (Waze, Google maps, call screen) works seemly with original cable delivered with charger. With another cable work call screen only, Waze and Google maps shows black screen. With cheap USB cabel my mobil phone (Huawei P20 PRO) doesnt connect to car (Hyundai i30 2018).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately the first feedback reports the same incompatibility as with the Mate 10 Pro.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=204982796762460&id=187291041864969
    For me, the only thing that doesn't work is Play Music. The progress bar moves but there's no sound. BBC iPlayer Radio and TuneIn Radio both work fine. No problems with Maps and phone.
    Hello there, I finally manage to make it work. It's all about the cable. I've used my wife's Samsung galaxy s9 plus cable, wich is not an fast charge cable, and it worked flawlessly. I figure it out when I forgot my cable at work and try to charge my P20 pro, and I saw that it will not fast charge.
    Using a basic cable and it's fully working for me, Google Assistant, maps, music etc. Not tried the supplied charger cable
    Works for me...

I have a Mazda and at today's date they do not officially support AA; but there is a DIY version around on mazda3revolution.com that I have installed and it all works remarkably well with Huawei p20 Pro. The only thing I would say is that on one Play Music screen a block of colour is too large and it offsets information panels out of view. Google voice with AA is glorious. Press the speech button on the steering wheel and say "Navigate to ....." and wow! the future has arrived. Everything else works just fine
    i got it working. i alsways got communication error 16. seems that app twin caused the issue.
    disabled the whatsapp twin and it works now.
    cloned whatsapp now with the app appcloner