• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories Compatible charger

Search This thread

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Part of me wants to be fancy and get the pixel stand 2nd gen, but in all honesty I don't think I'm that fussed about having all the exclusive features like gallery showing pictures etc so to be fair I may just get a standard wireless charger, but even then I'm not that fussed charging it wirelessly, I think I just like the concept of standing it up lol

goddammit

Nov 22, 2009
I bought an extra (already got one) original 45W charger. I know it's overkill and a rip off, but whatever. At least it will charge just about anything USB Type-C, right?

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

bouchigo

Jan 17, 2008
Stockton
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 6 Pro
30W and 50W WARP wireless charging is only for OnePlus phones. The OnePlus 30W wireless charger does max. Qi charge at 10W, and the OnePlus 50W wireless charger does max. Qi charge at 15W.

The Pixel phones are locked at max. Qi charge of 12W with any wireless charger other than Google's wireless charger.

That's no where near the 23W capability from Google wireless charger.

See here: https://9to5google.com/2021/10/19/pixel-6-tidbits-plastic-top-wireless-charging/

Edit: I think I misread someone's question...my post was only directed towards wireless charging.

Last edited:

dmb219

Feb 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Any PD charger of at least 30W will give you the max charge speed. I doubt there will be a big difference using the 18W Pixel chargers from older phones. I'll be using a 10W wireless charging pad I got on Amazon a couple years ago that is connected to an 18W Pixel charger. It will charge overnight so how long it takes doesn't matter. I use this charger for my Pixelbook. It has 2 PD ports and a usb-a port. It will work for the new Pixels and does super fast charging for the new Samsung phones. A phone will only draw as much power as it is rated for so the 65W rating won't hurt your phone. It would charge 2 Pixel 6's at the same time at 30W.

zack2491

Dec 26, 2010
East Tennessee
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Will these chargers work at 30w on the Pixel? I have a ton of these at this point, including a car charger. Would be cool if they worked correctly at full speed.

I can't confirm, but I'm 99% sure they will not charge at 30w. OnePlus does 5V at 6A to get 30W. This is not a PD standard. At best you'll get 5V3A so 15W.

You just need a PD 3.0 (or higher version) compatible charger that can do 30w or more. The rest matters not, it's an industrial standard.
I have this charger https://zendure.com/products/superport-s3 it's a dual PD 65W charger and it still charges my Pixel6P at a ridiculously slow pace. Even with adaptive charging off. It's also a USB 3.0 charger that charges all my other devices very fast except for my P6P so there has to be something more to it IMHO.

EDIT: According to this article https://www.androidauthority.com/best-google-pixel-6-chargers-3041818/ There are 3 standards required USB 3.0, PD and PPS mine doesn't appear to have the latter so maybe that's why.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211027-134440.png
    Screenshot_20211027-134440.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
It's nice the pixel 6 tells you whether your connection is a fast or slow charge. I picked up a $16 PD PPS charger at AMZN and the P6P shows it is fast charging. The AMZN listing showed it as iphone 13 series compatible but no mention of the Pixel 6 line.

andrea.ippo

Nov 17, 2014
It's nice the pixel 6 tells you whether your connection is a fast or slow charge. I picked up a $16 PD PPS charger at AMZN and the P6P shows it is fast charging. The AMZN listing showed it as iphone 13 series compatible but no mention of the Pixel 6 line.
Because to some people only Apple exists and marketing material MUST mention Apple. All other OEMs are an afterthought.

Luckily, all other OEMs also aren't Apple, hence they tend to prefer standards over proprietary crap, so 99% of the time you can assume that accessories will work anyway.

Reactions: TiltedAz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bought the Anker and expected 30 watts, getting 18 watts. Double tested...
    I just guess that this is because of google ?
    Went back to amazon. Got this one.
    baesus 100 watt ! claims : QC2.0, QC3.0, QC3+, QC4.0, QC4+, QC5.0, PD3.0, PPS
    And it charges at 30 watts.
    ( nanner, nanner, I'm going full speed )

( have an inline meter )
    DC3.6-30Volts / 0-5.1Amps.
    Bought the Anker and expected 30 watts, getting 18 watts. Double tested...
    I just guess that this is because of google ?
    Went back to amazon. Got this one.
    baesus 100 watt ! claims : QC2.0, QC3.0, QC3+, QC4.0, QC4+, QC5.0, PD3.0, PPS
    And it charges at 30 watts.
    ( nanner, nanner, I'm going full speed )

( have an inline meter )
    DC3.6-30Volts / 0-5.1Amps.
    I just purchased that Baseus brick about 15 minutes ago to see if I can get 30W charging... I figured I would just return it if it didn't work (I'll find out tomorrow).

I have an inline meter I purchased last week too, to test the charging wattage. The highest I got was about 21.939 W at 8.90V and 2.47A.

I hope I really get that 30W charge, and I'll return the brick I got from a Google.
    No luck for me with that Baseus charger... Kind of what I expected...I get an occasional blip at 22.5W, but that's about it.
    My concern with that 100 Watt Baseus... is that it "doesn't know when to quit". This morning, I used it and watched it. The percent got up to 100% / full and the volts was still 9V ( does it know any other ? ) -and- the current was staying at 0.36 amps. This was five minutes after reaching 100.

Question : did you see the current drop down to something small ? What is small current ? Is it 0.50 ?

Does this relatively high current at 100 percent mean that this laptop charger should NOT be used on the pixel ?

All those spec. & cert. numbers are marketing talk, so its smoke and mirrors ?

Final question : will a s/w fix be possible, or is this a h/w issue. ( zener diode )
    The charging brick I got from Google always charges at about 9V from what I have seen in my testing. I didn't bring my inline meter to test what it does after reaching 100% charge, but it probably hadn't reached "full" 100% charge on your end; the phone itself should have over charging protection too.

Google probably set it so that it charges at 9V if the charger is capable of 9V charging. The phone is going to charge at the voltage and current that Google set it to in the software, even if the charger can supply more.

Yeah, a software fix is possible, assuming that the charging circuit Google implemented is truly capable of 30W charging. Also, Google would have to actively want to change the way the phone charges; we'll never actually know why Google chose this particular charging curve, unless Google themselves divulge that information. Maybe in testing they discovered that the charging circuit can't handle continuous 30W charging, or maybe they are trying to extend the life of the battery...your guess is as good as mine (y)
    You just need a PD 3.0 (or higher version) compatible charger that can do 30w or more. The rest matters not, it's an industrial standard.
    Guess I'll use my prior OnePlus Warp speed charger!⚡💥 LOL
    Part of me wants to be fancy and get the pixel stand 2nd gen, but in all honesty I don't think I'm that fussed about having all the exclusive features like gallery showing pictures etc so to be fair I may just get a standard wireless charger, but even then I'm not that fussed charging it wirelessly, I think I just like the concept of standing it up lol
    Guess I'll use my prior OnePlus Warp speed charger!⚡💥 LOL
    Same here. I'll slap my new Pixel on there and see what happens.