Compatible with apple routers

Search This thread

mrbarker

Sep 17, 2009
If I setup the OnHub router as my primary access point connected to my ISP modem can I use an Apple Airport express or time capsule to extend the network?

I currently have a 3TB time capsule with a couple airport express routers covering my house but would like to get the OnHub. Itd be awesome to be able to use the timecapsule to extend the network of the OnHub though so that Id still be able to do wireless backups of my laptops and have access to the shared media files I have on the time capsule as well..

narcisco.cruz

Feb 22, 2010
If I setup the OnHub router as my primary access point connected to my ISP modem can I use an Apple Airport express or time capsule to extend the network?

I currently have a 3TB time capsule with a couple airport express routers covering my house but would like to get the OnHub. Itd be awesome to be able to use the timecapsule to extend the network of the OnHub though so that Id still be able to do wireless backups of my laptops and have access to the shared media files I have on the time capsule as well..

you cannot use ur apple routers to extend it. i had 2 apple airport extremes and a 1 airport express as my previous network. the on hub can handle what these could do, the distance coverage is there but not the speed so i bought another onhub but currently it cannot extend the network i have notified google of this feature or addon whatever they want to call it

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
i bought another onhub but currently it cannot extend the network i have notified google of this feature or addon whatever they want to call it

There is an article on connecting multiple OnHubs in the Help Center of the Google On app. Basically, you need to put one (or more ) of the OnHubs into bridge mode. However, to do that you need to first hook it up to a third party router. Not exactly straight forward, but it should be possible.

adrman

Jul 17, 2012
NYC
It will still be connected hard wired. I think he wants something like a wireless extender.

If you were replying to me, I understood that to be the case. The Help Center article I mentioned was for your reference in using another OnHub as an extender, as you stated it wasn't possible. As far as the op, a Google search for "Apple Airport Bridge Mode" brought up several articles explaining the procedure.

narcisco.cruz

Feb 22, 2010
I was speaking to what the op wanted. I wanted a wireless extender not a connected extender in bridge mode.