Compiled xioami vayu official kernel source, finished with Image-dtb produced but lots of warnings generated

Search This thread

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
If that is all you got of warnings you don't need to worry.
Those are all dtb warnings. It means that the dtsi-files are not quite following the format rules, but it's always been like that for qcom dtsi's.

feiplane

Aug 26, 2013
If that is all you got of warnings you don't need to worry.
Those are all dtb warnings. It means that the dtsi-files are not quite following the format rules, but it's always been like that for qcom dtsi's.
Thx for clarification

So my compiled kernel should be no problem to flash to my device then?
My phone still yet to unlock the bootloader, so need to confirm b4 proceed with it or else everthing have to be set back but kernel nothing changing...

askermk2000

Jul 9, 2015
Moto G
LG G5
After you unlock bootloader, it should be fine, judging from a compilation perspective. Sometimes the official source lacks things, which could make the kernel either not work, or only partially work.

feiplane

Aug 26, 2013
After you unlock bootloader, it should be fine, judging from a compilation perspective. Sometimes the official source lacks things, which could make the kernel either not work, or only partially work.
Yes, i awared of this too, i have some experience in this part on my old device, and in fact i found a comprehensive guide to compile the kernel of my current device, so should be no problem i guess, thx