Compiling Android versions and kernel to Tattoo

Search This thread

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
Anyone knows where can I find informations about to compile CyanogenMod and kernel for Tattoo from source or other packages already configured for Tattoo? I want to help working in camera and FM development. I have a little experience in Linux, beagleboard and arm7 (lpc2368) programming, maybe I can help, but at first I need to learn the basics to help the working in camera and FM drivers. Sorry about my bad english. I have a lot o time disponible to help.

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
Follow the instructions in the CM wiki, and you will get the whole build environment, everything that's needed to compile. You will also need to download my files, either as a zip from github, or use git to clone it. And then put it in where the other phone vendor configs are - device/htc for HTC phones. Just poke around a bit and you'll understand it eventually. Takes a while to get familiar with how things work, what is where etc, so don't expect to master it in one day.

francians

May 28, 2010
@arco: a little question, can I compile a rom and use your kernel without recompile it? I have a celeron processor and need 1 hr and half to compile a kernel

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010
1,5 hours to compile the kernel? :eek: Takes about 5 minutes for me, and building the whole CM sources takes about 0,5 hours. I have an i5 [email protected], using 3 cores in an 64-bit Ubuntu Virtualbox environment.

filipepferraz

Oct 17, 2010
There is any book about the android porting? I'm really confused about all the process necessary to work with the files. I never used git before, as I understanded it download just the modificated files right?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone