Complete Flop!

Search This thread

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 11
For practically 500 USD (converted, not even released for the US) it was a total over hype. For that rate you better go find yourself an 865 device.

... Or even a Dimensity device at this point honestly, looks like it'll be a while before you ever get flagship specs again at a budget level with Qualcomm.

Last edited:

karimski75

Dec 31, 2016
Google Pixel 5
For practically 500 USD (converted, not even released for the US) it was a total over hype. For that rate you better go find yourself an 865 device.

... Or even a Dimensity device at this point honestly, looks like it'll be a while before you ever get flagship specs again at a budget level with Qualcomm.

Opinions are like as###les. Everyone has one.
Like it, buy it. Don't like it don't buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulisimo

Jun 14, 2020
I ordered mine for 369€ from amazon(Germany) (they are doing a 30€ off for prime customers).
Im pretty satisfied with the price tbh, I got my oneplus 3 4 years ago for 400€ and I think its time to upgrade it.

I still use my OnePlus X (Onyx), which I bought ~5 years ago for 299€, but I'll gonna wait for the 6GB+64GB version to show up in Europe, because it should cost the same 299€.

369€ for 8GB+128GB is great deal, but I don't play games, so I don't need extra RAM or space..

janitory

Aug 27, 2011

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Current exchange rate suggests that Nord would cost 460 USD and that's when you convert it from 399 EUR, not 500 like you suggest.

Every Oneplus device of the last few years was cheaper in the US than in Europe, even when you adjusted it for VAT.
499$ devices were 499€.

So this would be a 399$ phone.
What do you expect from a budget phone in that price range?

Flockrock

May 23, 2013
Bavaria
why should I pay 300$ more for a 865 (OP8) if the 765 offers more than enough power for me?
so I can text faster and read news on the toilet faster?
Get control over your 'I always need to have the best on the market' attitude if you can't afford it lmao.
I'm glad the Nord exists because honestly I wouldn't buy anything else than a pixel or OP (or maybe some android one devices) because of the software no matter what cpu they offer.
I mean you can get a Poco F2 Pro with 865 for around the same price as the nord sometimes, but MIUI (or OneUI/ColorOS/EMUI) ruins the hardware and my OG pixel feels faster than that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5408779

I ordered mine for 369€ from amazon(Germany) (they are doing a 30€ off for prime customers).
Im pretty satisfied with the price tbh, I got my oneplus 3 4 years ago for 400€ and I think its time to upgrade it.

Ja! Same here. I think it's definitely worth it.:good:

Reactions: Julosch

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
* * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's stop the insults, the arguing, and the vulgar juvenile chatter.

Comments need to be helpful, respectful and on-topic, as outlined in Forum Rules.

Disagreeing with another member's opinion can be done with respect and without insults or rude comments.

If you haven't figured out how to communicate with other adults without being rude, disrespectful, or insulting, please keep your trash on the social media sites, not here.

If it continues, the associated accounts will be reviewed for restriction or removal. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

abhilash_s_j

Sep 27, 2015
Bengaluru

this guy has some serious maths problem or he hates Oneplus for no good reason, because 24,999₹ = ~335$ as of now and top model is 29,999₹=~402$.

Hastaloego

Sep 14, 2014

show me a cheaper phone with the same or better specs with OIS and a most likely an active developer community.

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 11

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200724-080611.jpg
    Screenshot_20200724-080611.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

Saiger

Feb 6, 2012
Dresden
Don't be silly...
... Well for some reason my pics aren't uploading but out of the 845 and 765 the 845 is still slightly better. Show me that there aren't affordable 845 phones right now.
https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-765g-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-845

So does any of these "affordable" SD845 phones have a 4000+mha battery? a 90hz Amoled display? 5G support? a 2 year official software support?

Don´t get me wrong the SD845 is an awesome processor but it only beats the SD765 in gpu performance while losing in power efficiency and connectivity.

Last edited:

Causical

Feb 4, 2016
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 11
So does any of these "affordable" SD845 phones have a 4000+mha battery? a 90hz Amoled display? 5G support? a 2 year official software support?

Don´t get me wrong the SD845 is an awesome processor but it only beats the SD765 in gpu performance while losing in power efficiency and connectivity.
C'mon though let's be real, all bs aside. You could get a used SD855 device off Swappa in just fine condition for at or better than that price. Why are you fooling yourself? I get it new, flashy hype. Go for it, it's just my personal opinion that your (closer to)$500(than $400) could be funneled in a "better" direction for what you're wanting.

Saiger

Feb 6, 2012
Dresden
C'mon though let's be real, all bs aside. You could get a used SD855 device off Swappa in just fine condition for at or better than that price. Why are you fooling yourself? I get it new, flashy hype. Go for it, it's just my personal opinion that your (closer to)$500(than $400) could be funneled in a "better" direction for what you're wanting.

You were talking about 845 phones and now its suddenly 855 ones...
Yea a USED higher end phone from last year is still better than a new midrange one from 2020. That´s the point. You are comparing 2 different price brackets. But it´s pretty damn hard here in EU to fins a better phone for ~370€ even used.

Reactions: iamelton
D

Deleted member 5408779

It doesn't matter 845 or 765. They have both almost the same power and until you don't play Ultra HD 4k blablabla games you won't notice any difference! I have a 7T and a Redmi note 9 pro and I can tell you even the 720G in the note 9 does a very good job here! For surfing or YouTube and music even a Snapdragon 720g is enough. Battery is very great, much better than my OP 7T. Only camera sucks. So let's wait for the Nord.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why should I pay 300$ more for a 865 (OP8) if the 765 offers more than enough power for me?
    so I can text faster and read news on the toilet faster?
    Get control over your 'I always need to have the best on the market' attitude if you can't afford it lmao.
    I'm glad the Nord exists because honestly I wouldn't buy anything else than a pixel or OP (or maybe some android one devices) because of the software no matter what cpu they offer.
    I mean you can get a Poco F2 Pro with 865 for around the same price as the nord sometimes, but MIUI (or OneUI/ColorOS/EMUI) ruins the hardware and my OG pixel feels faster than that.

Opinions are like as###les. Everyone has one.
    Like it, buy it. Don't like it don't buy it.

D
    Deleted member 5408779
    damn, should have gone with aluminium frame, not just plastic :(

You guys acting like kids... You get what you pay for and there is nothing to wonder about. More money --> better quality. Oneplus isn't Xiaomi don't mix them. In the past almost all phones had a plastic frame and nobody was crying about it. Don't use your phone as an artisan tool and you are good to go. Short: Don't buy it if you don't like it!
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's stop the insults, the arguing, and the vulgar juvenile chatter.

Comments need to be helpful, respectful and on-topic, as outlined in Forum Rules.

Disagreeing with another member's opinion can be done with respect and without insults or rude comments.

If you haven't figured out how to communicate with other adults without being rude, disrespectful, or insulting, please keep your trash on the social media sites, not here.

If it continues, the associated accounts will be reviewed for restriction or removal. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.