• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Complete fullscreen on Android 11

Search This thread

Sam2187

Sep 17, 2021
Hi.

I've been using overscan through ADB to completely remove the status bar and navbar for a while as I don't want any unnecessary clutter on the screen and want to maximise the space I actually use, and yesterday when android 11 was finally rolled out I found out overscan's been removed.

I was wondering whether there is a way on android 11 to completely remove both while also having the current app fill the entire screen, punchhole included (no black bars or otherwise unused space); I tried using "fullscreen: the one immersive mode" but the bars still come back from time to time like when I go into the recents menu, and it doesn't solve the unused space issue either. Therefore, any solution relating to "immersive mode" likely won't work.

I use nova launcher which also hasn't been working since the update, Fluid Navigation Gestures (FNG) which is way better than the default gestures but now can't hide anything as it tries to use overscan.

Apart from this, the new update is neat; just to clarify, I want to get rid of the navbar and status bar with no unused space left over on either edge. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I'll probably end up having to root, I don't know where to start there though so I'd rather not.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To enable full-screen mode, there are modules for Magisk