[COMPLETED][ROM][6.0.1] Unofficial Resurrection Remix 5.7.3 for Micromax Canvas L A1

Search This thread

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Resurrection Remix 5.7.3 for Micromax Canvas L A108​

This is the first ever custom rom developed for the Micromax Canvas L a108 phone that was released in the year 2014 and I definitely think that there are many people who are desperate to get a single custom ROM made for this phone as soon as possible because it has Android KitKat as the last update on this phone and the phone is now aging so to keep the support on I have ported this wonderful Resurrection Remix 5.7.3 for this phone

What's working

Everything that I have tested to my knowledge in the 7 days.

People can definitely post the comments regarding the performance and all other issues in the comments but I have just ported it from the excellent guide made by Ajit Guraya

Instruction to flash the custom ROM

1. make sure to make a nandroid backup before you start doing this because there is always a possibility that everything can go wrong,so it is better to have a backup
2.Boot into the custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, CTR, any other recovery )(the link of the TWRP recovery is now provided )
3.Do a complete clean wipe off the data, cache, system
4.Now head towards the location in which you have stored the file preferably in the SD card so that you don't lose that file while wiping off your data.
5.Now go to install the zip file of the ROM and then the Gapps package.
6.Now reboot.

Booting for the first time it will definitely take some time because install the required packages so wait for some minutes the phone will automatically boot and you will be guided through the initial settings

And voila! you have a brand new Android Marshmallow install on your Micromax Canvas A108

N.B-Installing custom rom you may feel that you have a very shortage of memory so please before doing this stuff you can always go to this thread mentioned below to increase your system partition to 5 GB instead of the normal 1.25 GB so that will get enough space for your applications
https://xdaforums.com/android/development/cwm-recovery-micromax-a108-l-t2867010

But remember if you use the CWM recovery mentioned in that forum then it is not compatible with the new Android Marshmallow custom ROM,What I am suggesting you to just use the EBR files to expand the storage only

Here is the download link for the custom ROM.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TE_MVmvIDqhM6o-pLN9-tg6t2m3MLc9S/view?usp=drivesdk

Now the TWRP recovery is completely fine and ready to be flashed

Download link-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7uPg_aat14ZFhJOTBKNGtpZklCWm5LQjUwdnc5UzlKbEtF/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you master Pratik Rawat for your kind help in getting a TWRP recovery right.

Some notes:

1.Regarding the expansion of the storage if anybody wants to expand the storage with the help of the external SD card then I am sorry that it is not possible because it is a bug in the CyanogenMod 13 upon which our ROM is based do this is one of the prime feature of Android Marshmallow but I regret that is not possible due to the problem from the source.

2. If anybody wants to expand the internal storage then that is possible by the help of the EBR files mentioned in the another forums whose link is given in this post but I want to mention that that is not possible to flash by using the TWRP recovery because it is not having the flashable format so the users have to use the SP Flash tool in order to get that..

To flash TWRP recovery in phone I suggest to install the flashify after rooting the phone with the king root in the Android KitKat.

Please use to TWRP recovery mentioned in the forum instead of the CWM recovery that is mentioned in the another forum because only this recovery is compatible with the Android Kit Kat and above.

3. If any user faces the problem of wiped IMEI then you have to go back to the KitKat by using the format all + download option in the SP Flash tool and then use the MTK engineering mode to write the IMEI.

Update: regarding the Restoration of the IMEI master Pratik Rawat has deviced a method to flash the IMEI number for this everybody is required to flash the package using TWRP recovery after the installation of the custom ROM-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MXz_9T_ESUkSdE3eTuegndzyqjp1yEPS/view?usp=drivesdk

THEN AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION USERS CAN INSTALL THE CHAMELEON APP AND WRITE THEIR IMEI NUMBER EVEN ON THEIR NEW CUSTOM ROM.
The link to download the application-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VP3y-xr1JpxQHbDVKvj9O_rpP5mF9RRl/view?usp=drivesdk

I hope for now this much of the information can be useful as of now and further more discussions will be happening as more people will be installing the rom and finding more doubts.

I will be more than happy to help.

:good::good:

Last edited:
Reactions: prateek0005

ashokbharia

May 27, 2017
For making this process in video

Sir first thank very much
This process seem very hard sir please make an video on it please. :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

opengapps.org which package i choose it very confusing.

Last edited:

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Sir first thank very much
This process seem very hard sir please make an video on it please. :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

opengapps.org which package i choose it very confusing.
Regarding your request to make a video on the process I think I cannot do at the time because I don't have the device right now and for the open gapps you may refer to the smallest package available that is the Pico one for android 6.0.1

ashokbharia

May 27, 2017
About custom recovery

Sir where i how i am get custom recovery.
I am also use flashfy for custom recovery and use recovery which provides by xda

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Sir where i how i am get custom recovery.
I am also use flashfy for custom recovery and use recovery which provides by xda
That is the problem that I have mentioned in the main post that I don't have the recovery image with me at the current time because I have lost it and I am not able to do the same thing because my current PC is not taking the parameters correctly.

I need someone to do that for me as it is a very automated process so anyone can do that and see it.

Sorry for this lacunae in the post but at the current time I cannot do anything for the custom recovery for this phone but what I can guarantee you that this custom ROM is perfectly fine for this mobile because I am already use that with my previous custom recovery which I have lost now.

ashokbharia

May 27, 2017
About custom recovery

Sir can custom recovery was installed throught mobile.
If not then what is driver (Google it) say by xda
What serch i am on Google

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
@SanketMohapatra Where's the kernel source for this ROM (if it's available)?
As a matter of fact I want to tell you that this phone is from the company Micromax which is known for its irregularity in releasing any of the resources for the developers I think it has never released the any kind of kernel sources for any devices just the company releases a phone and forgets about it

So the obvious answer is there is no sources available for this phone and just replaced all the files from the stock to port and the ROM is working

ashokbharia

May 27, 2017
No recovery found

Sir
I am try recovery which provides by xda by its didnot work please try to upload an recovery which installed through phone.
I konw you lost it but sir try to rebuild it or recover it.

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Sir
I am try recovery which provides by xda by its didnot work please try to upload an recovery which installed through phone.
I know I am trying my best to upload a recovery as soon as possible but it is a kind a very difficult for me because I don't have the device now right now in my hand and I cannot test anything without a device and that I don't have a good PC now to get it done so please be very patient until and unless you get it by yourself or i do it

SanketMohapatra

May 29, 2016
Bhubaneswar
Sir
I know I am trying my best to upload a recovery as soon as possible but it is very difficult for me because I don't have the device now right now in my hand and I cannot test anything without a device and that I don't have a good PC now to get it done so please be very patient until and unless you get it by yourself or i do

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Resurrection Remix 5.7.3 for Micromax Canvas L A108​

This is the first ever custom rom developed for the Micromax Canvas L a108 phone that was released in the year 2014 and I definitely think that there are many people who are desperate to get a single custom ROM made for this phone as soon as possible because it has Android KitKat as the last update on this phone and the phone is now aging so to keep the support on I have ported this wonderful Resurrection Remix 5.7.3 for this phone

What's working

Everything that I have tested to my knowledge in the 7 days.

People can definitely post the comments regarding the performance and all other issues in the comments but I have just ported it from the excellent guide made by Ajit Guraya

Instruction to flash the custom ROM

1. make sure to make a nandroid backup before you start doing this because there is always a possibility that everything can go wrong,so it is better to have a backup
    2.Boot into the custom recovery (CWM, TWRP, CTR, any other recovery )(the link of the TWRP recovery is now provided )
    3.Do a complete clean wipe off the data, cache, system
    4.Now head towards the location in which you have stored the file preferably in the SD card so that you don't lose that file while wiping off your data.
    5.Now go to install the zip file of the ROM and then the Gapps package.
    6.Now reboot.

Booting for the first time it will definitely take some time because install the required packages so wait for some minutes the phone will automatically boot and you will be guided through the initial settings

And voila! you have a brand new Android Marshmallow install on your Micromax Canvas A108

N.B-Installing custom rom you may feel that you have a very shortage of memory so please before doing this stuff you can always go to this thread mentioned below to increase your system partition to 5 GB instead of the normal 1.25 GB so that will get enough space for your applications
    https://xdaforums.com/android/development/cwm-recovery-micromax-a108-l-t2867010

But remember if you use the CWM recovery mentioned in that forum then it is not compatible with the new Android Marshmallow custom ROM,What I am suggesting you to just use the EBR files to expand the storage only

Here is the download link for the custom ROM.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TE_MVmvIDqhM6o-pLN9-tg6t2m3MLc9S/view?usp=drivesdk

Now the TWRP recovery is completely fine and ready to be flashed

Download link-https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7uPg_aat14ZFhJOTBKNGtpZklCWm5LQjUwdnc5UzlKbEtF/view?usp=drivesdk

Thank you master Pratik Rawat for your kind help in getting a TWRP recovery right.

Some notes:

1.Regarding the expansion of the storage if anybody wants to expand the storage with the help of the external SD card then I am sorry that it is not possible because it is a bug in the CyanogenMod 13 upon which our ROM is based do this is one of the prime feature of Android Marshmallow but I regret that is not possible due to the problem from the source.

2. If anybody wants to expand the internal storage then that is possible by the help of the EBR files mentioned in the another forums whose link is given in this post but I want to mention that that is not possible to flash by using the TWRP recovery because it is not having the flashable format so the users have to use the SP Flash tool in order to get that..

To flash TWRP recovery in phone I suggest to install the flashify after rooting the phone with the king root in the Android KitKat.

Please use to TWRP recovery mentioned in the forum instead of the CWM recovery that is mentioned in the another forum because only this recovery is compatible with the Android Kit Kat and above.

3. If any user faces the problem of wiped IMEI then you have to go back to the KitKat by using the format all + download option in the SP Flash tool and then use the MTK engineering mode to write the IMEI.

Update: regarding the Restoration of the IMEI master Pratik Rawat has deviced a method to flash the IMEI number for this everybody is required to flash the package using TWRP recovery after the installation of the custom ROM-
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MXz_9T_ESUkSdE3eTuegndzyqjp1yEPS/view?usp=drivesdk

THEN AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION USERS CAN INSTALL THE CHAMELEON APP AND WRITE THEIR IMEI NUMBER EVEN ON THEIR NEW CUSTOM ROM.
    The link to download the application-
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VP3y-xr1JpxQHbDVKvj9O_rpP5mF9RRl/view?usp=drivesdk

I hope for now this much of the information can be useful as of now and further more discussions will be happening as more people will be installing the rom and finding more doubts.

I will be more than happy to help.

:good::good:
    You can download the Google application package from the website opengapps.org
    Micromax A108

1-This is single ROM for this phone and it work very smooth
    2-brand new look my phone
    3-nice recovery(new)
    4-pendrive work
    5-super experience
    I will give all credit to @SanketMohapatra to make this super duper ROM.
    Very nice work.
    (Big thing is that I never touch my PC to install or flash this ROM or recovery ,senior member is help me personally to do it)
    At last I am say if you have this phone must use it.
    Got a report that the toggle for the switching of the mobile network from 3G to 2G is not working so is anybody experiencing that problem?
    If yes then try to reflash the software cleanly I mean not by dirty flashing.

Then I think your problem might be resolved.