• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Completely and utterly bricked T95Z Plus - can it be saved?

Search This thread

Narcoticx

Jun 20, 2018
Málaga
Hola Narcoticx.
Tengo una box como la que has postado XJH-V89-V01 2017-11-14.
Necessitava el firmware original, porque e flasheado la poison rom e no me funciona el mando ni las horas.
Como has flasheado la tuya sin el "reset button"?
Gracias
mas arriba he puesto un link de google drive con el firmware original. arranca USB_Burning_Tool y conecta el usb macho macho y lo actualizas del tiron.

[email protected]

Mar 14, 2019
Lol, I already tried. Using it for a few days now.
You can also use it without internet for the 1st boot debloat it remove all the unnecessary apps then connect to internet if want to play safe. Also on 1st first boot it will be in Russian language, look for the globe icon in setting change the language to English. Or you can also try flashing poison ROM (hopefully it works) after 1st boot since WiFi and Bluetooth drivers are already there.

Update : Today I tried flashing clock fix patch (T95Z_2_Pro_clock_Display) from atvxperience forum and it worked flawlessly. Even has the temperature indicated in the display.
My box is back !!!
how you do thatCan you show me how

garyj1972

Mar 8, 2009
Can you reload

Hi there. I'm in this situation and your files would help, but they seem to have disappeared from the shared drive now, could you reload them please?

Thanks

Gary

@K-Project , @demiser

I managed to find a ROM which works with our box.
T95Z plus LP with WiFi 6335.
WiFi Bluetooth all working out of the box. Front clock display is working, need to flash additional fix/patch. The .img file won't flash using the usb burning tool. Just restore back up from TWRP from the backup folder provided.
Ps : Alot of Russian apps in there. Can uninstall after booting up.
Don't forget to thanks the poster/creator zhorik13.

Link to the TWRP back up,
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7FLD8y3IxkrPQk7oLE0nc3kBSRCtH_S/view

Link to the original poster/creator zhorik13 from 4pda (russian site)
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=764998&view=findpost&p=68558184

Clock display fix/Patch thanks to Ico747
https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewtopic.php?t=336&start=10#p2365
I used t95z_2_pro_clock_display.zip

redpuff88

Feb 10, 2018
i have a corrupted bootloader

hey guys i have a t95z plus and i believed is hard bricked, i cannot access the recovery menu while pressing the reset pin or using twrp recovery and when i burn a rom to sd card first, starts loading then the android robot appears then dissapears ans start loading again at the upgrading screen and stays there, no matter what i use it always stays there even using the original rom when i use burning tool it always fails at 7%uboot error again, no matter what rom i use it al;ways fails there so i did some research and it seems i have a corrupted bootloader, does anyone here knows how to fix it? keep in mind that using burning tool in my case it fails at 7% and using the sd card method it always get stuck at the upgrading screen, i hope anyone outhere point to to the right direction

rexamillion59

Feb 28, 2011
Not sure I'm bricked

I got twrp on sd card and it boots to twrp only with sdcard tried to flash poison rom on my t95z plus 3-32 I have no backup to restore to
It is stuck on poison rom splash screen
I can boot to stock recovery with tooth pick or insert sdcard and boot to twrp with tooth pick
Could not get sd burn card maker to burn poison rom it would say no uboot or partition
I found a link on this thread for stock image??
And burnt it with card maker but it doesn't install what am I doing wrong
Tv box 8x could cortex-a53 gpu mali-t820mp3 t95z plus not branded
Thanks for any help

RenaKunisaki

Jun 16, 2015
Cambridge, Ontario
Not sure I'm bricked

I got twrp on sd card and it boots to twrp only with sdcard tried to flash poison rom on my t95z plus 3-32 I have no backup to restore to
It is stuck on poison rom splash screen
I can boot to stock recovery with tooth pick or insert sdcard and boot to twrp with tooth pick
Could not get sd burn card maker to burn poison rom it would say no uboot or partition
I found a link on this thread for stock image??
And burnt it with card maker but it doesn't install what am I doing wrong
Tv box 8x could cortex-a53 gpu mali-t820mp3 t95z plus not branded
Thanks for any help
I had no success with the burn card method. I had to use a short USB male-male cable (first one I tried was too long, so device wasn't detected) and USB Burning Tool to install images.

If you can solder, there's a very nicely labelled UART header that gives you access to the bootloader console. From there you can boot anything. For some reason after updating to 7.1 the toothpick stopped working, so I had to use this method to get into recovery mode.

(It's possible for a brick to even wipe out the bootloader, then UART won't help either, but USB burning can still work.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes I agree now. I think before shorting the pins it was a goner, but now what with the PC at least recognising it I might have a chance of saving it!

Tried two different laptops with no success though. Maybe it is the cable but it is a new one. Hmmm. Think I'll buy another to be sure. Thanks for replying everyone!
    I had the same problem with my T95z and I think it's the same as yours. I contacted the seller and he gave me the following link and I was able to retrieve it.
    http://en.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnEx...514a315e1563&t=exs_ftn_download&code=a4d4081c
    THANKS YOU SO MUCH! This flashed first time, same cable and everything. I suspect the AMLogic Flash Tool knows when the ROM is incorrect for the device...? Perhaps. Anyway, this flashed, and didn't show any errors. :)

However, I'm now stuck on the boot up "T95Z" logo. I figured on first boot up it may take some time to get itself ready, but I left it half an hour and it was still sitting there on the logo. I unplugged it and tried the toothpick solution to get to recovery but that doesn't seem to want to respond either. It just goes straight to the logo and sits there.

Anyone have any ideas at this stage? I'm amazed I got it this far tbh. Thanks to everyone, and particularly Narcoticx for the firmware. :)

flash a new stock firmwar, should boot after that
    Success

Ive finally got some where with my brick
    i found that this rom for the h96 pro+ completed successfully with usb burning tool and booted.
    then using twrp i was able to restore the backup i had originally made.
    here is the link to the firmware "http://freaktab.org/85432f8b02baeb49"
    and the forum for the firmware is here "http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s912/alfawise/firmware-roms-ac/647777-rom-alfawise-h96-pro-3-16gb-3-32gb-3-64gb-scv7a-7-1-2-ddr3-ddr4-and-9377-wifi-chipset"
    i used the blue pcb firmware and worked like a charm
    i can also supply my twrp backup if anyone requires it

No joy whatsoever for me I'm afraid. Box has been back in it's packaging for some time now and I'm considering it a write-off at this stage.

Please, if you do find any way to get this model working, post back to let me know in this thread. i would really appreciate it. For now it's fair warning to any new T95Z Plus owners to be careful flashing your box and make sure you've got all the correct software in place before blundering in.

EDIT: Previous post not showing for some reason.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

im going to refer u to this forum as it has been quite helpful to me
    http://freaktab.com/forum/main-cate...chip-mask-rom-mode-short-location?view=stream
    check out the post by simonchunk on 08-13-2018, 06:07. it might not be for your board but it might help.
    dragsterbox has also got the same box as u by the looks of it so keep an eye on his post to c if anyone replys.
    good luck

Hi.
    I need to know how can I short cut à friend's box because it isn't see by my computer, the SD card is a pure joke for it and above the nand cheap no pin to strap... Let me show you.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yKIx0aL98a4_nwAX71pspCRD-2y9aOr7/view?usp=drivesdk
    view