Question Completely lost here. Tmobile to Verizon

Search This thread

madzozs

Oct 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Afternoon all. Haven't been on these forums in some time. Started on the galaxy nexus and eventually faded away from any tinkering a few years ago. Currently using an S21 Ultra that was t-mobile locked. Got it unlocked and switched to Verizon. Trying to research everything I can to get myself on the unlocked or VZW software to make sure I've got all that I should be getting from VZW.

I've so far found samkey to change ny CSC, unlocked software and a whole bunch of other **** and I'm completely lost

Any chance I can get pointed in the right direction? Nothing seems to make sense to me for some reason.

Sorry to come off as a bit stupid, I'm just very much out of practice.

madzozs

Oct 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It probably work better on AT&T I think.
AT&T generally has better tech support although it may take a few calls.
The phone has all the radios needed, just have to update the software/csc to make use of them.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Afternoon all. Haven't been on these forums in some time. Started on the galaxy nexus and eventually faded away from any tinkering a few years ago. Currently using an S21 Ultra that was t-mobile locked. Got it unlocked and switched to Verizon. Trying to research everything I can to get myself on the unlocked or VZW software to make sure I've got all that I should be getting from VZW.

I've so far found samkey to change ny CSC, unlocked software and a whole bunch of other **** and I'm completely lost

Any chance I can get pointed in the right direction? Nothing seems to make sense to me for some reason.

You're kind of in no mans land. Unless you have a very good reason to change service to Verizon, Tmobile would be the best option. Samkey won't change your Primary CSC to VZW. Verizon Firmware will remain in conflict with your TMO Primary CSC. Hard to say what compatibility issues this evokes. Samsung is making it more challenging to mix and match Firmware/CSC's. If you have a Multi-CSC device normally you SHOULD be able open the dialer and enter *#272*IMEInumber# (In the thread replace IMEInumber with your actual IMEI Number). Press the Dial Icon, you should see a screen with the list of available CSC codes for your device. Select VZW and tap the Install option. Another user with similar issues stated Android 11 eliminated Multi-CSC options so if you are bent on having Verizon as your Service Provider give it a shot and see what happens.

Rave03

May 4, 2015

Honestly, I haven't flashed a phone since my galaxy s5. I'm in the exact opposite situation you're in. Was going to try flashing tmobile firmware, and saw this post. Curious if it all worked out for ya