• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Completely remove AT&T from LG G8X and install a new stock ROM (is it possible?)

Search This thread

Bardamulette

Sep 20, 2021
Hi friends.

After several hours of searching, I'm posting my question here (bought my first LG smartphone so I don't have many references, so maybe it's simple but I can't find the solution).

I just bought an LG G8X, model number LM-G850UM. It comes with an At&T overlay. It's unlocked, no SIM issues. I would just like to remove AT&T completely. I mean, not just the bloated apps.

The point is, I'd like to be able to install ROM updates without waiting for it to go through ATT every time (I'm not even in the US). For example, take any international KDZ to downgrade, and be able to receive OTA without waiting for it to be officially available through ATT.

It's a bit confusing, I tried to explain as best I could.

Reactions: WiserJr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends.

After several hours of searching, I'm posting my question here (bought my first LG smartphone so I don't have many references, so maybe it's simple but I can't find the solution).

I just bought an LG G8X, model number LM-G850UM. It comes with an At&T overlay. It's unlocked, no SIM issues. I would just like to remove AT&T completely. I mean, not just the bloated apps.

The point is, I'd like to be able to install ROM updates without waiting for it to go through ATT every time (I'm not even in the US). For example, take any international KDZ to downgrade, and be able to receive OTA without waiting for it to be officially available through ATT.

It's a bit confusing, I tried to explain as best I could.