Completely Reset Samsung Tab A 9.7" (SM-T350)

Search This thread

lucascauthen

Jul 26, 2016
I was messing around with trying to root my tablet and I seem to have gotten in a state I have not been able to figure out how to recover from. Starting the device now just opens the recovery screen with the message (at the bottom of the screen): "E: failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)" Factory reset doesn't work and I have tried using odin to flash the stock recovery for my device listed here.

I have been trying to find the stock firmware from other sites, but I have been unable to find a download link that isn't throttled (as in it takes less than 9 hours to download). I will try one of those site tonight, but I thought I would try asking about it here first.

I have tried using smart switch/KIES from here to no avail.
As state above I have tried using odin to flash the "stock" file listed here (but I am not use if that is the right file I need to flash).
I don't case about any of the files on the device because it is pretty much brand new.

I just want to reset it completely to a working version of Android. Let me know if I need to include more information.

lucascauthen

Jul 26, 2016
I was eventually able to figure it out. The key is finding the right ROM, and it turned out that the download from the site with the incredibly throttled download speed (took like 3 hours for 1 gig) worked. If anyone is interested, I will stay subscribed to this post and send it to you so you don't have to go through the same headache. OR if someone knows a good/hassle free place to upload these types of files where the download isn't throttled, I'd be happy to post it there

Finally, if anyone comes across with the same problem, I can try my best to type up a more detailed post of what I went through to finally get the solution.

me77ow

Oct 12, 2016
I was eventually able to figure it out. The key is finding the right ROM, and it turned out that the download from the site with the incredibly throttled download speed (took like 3 hours for 1 gig) worked. If anyone is interested, I will stay subscribed to this post and send it to you so you don't have to go through the same headache. OR if someone knows a good/hassle free place to upload these types of files where the download isn't throttled, I'd be happy to post it there

Finally, if anyone comes across with the same problem, I can try my best to type up a more detailed post of what I went through to finally get the solution.

Ran into the same problem. Can you somehow send teh rom? Thanks!