Completely reset Tab S6 after it was previously setup by someone else

Search This thread

kroogar

Jun 1, 2010
I have an ex gf who's brother in law recently died. As she's the only one left she has inherited all his stuff among which is a Galaxy Tab S6. This was used by the now deceased brother in law and she does not have access to either his phone (was a work phone) or his email. I have tried doing a factory reset but as it has previously been setup by the brother in law there no way to factory reset it.

What are my options here? Install a new rom (if that's even possible)?

Thanks in advance :)

I have an ex gf who's brother in law recently died. As she's the only one left she has inherited all his stuff among which is a Galaxy Tab S6. This was used by the now deceased brother in law and she does not have access to either his phone (was a work phone) or his email. I have tried doing a factory reset but as it has previously been setup by the brother in law there no way to factory reset it.

What are my options here? Install a new rom (if that's even possible)?

Thanks in advance :)
The only choice left is to install a 3rd Party Custom OS. As installing the stock Samsung OS, which require you to enter the original owners password. The only other alternative would be to ask their company if they can remove the said device from the deceased person's Samsung account. Then you maybe able to use it.

kroogar

Jun 1, 2010
Thanks! I was thinking about rooting it and that might be the way I go. Thanks again :)