Question Completely Unresponsive Touchscreen Area, should i ask for a new F3?

Search This thread

gregorevo

Member
Feb 13, 2015
23
8
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A1
Hello everyone,

Big problem for the touch screen which is not working fine in a large area, we can clearly see it on the screen recording.
I have already done a factory reset (for another reason), the problem is still here.
I'm not an expert but i guess this is not a problem software can fix?

Thanks for your answers ^^.

EDIT: it's not happening 100% of the time, but when it does, it's a pain in the brain.


20210419_084401.gif
 
Last edited:

Nemix77

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2011
74
33
Poco has acknowledged the issue and will send a OTA update to fix the issue next patch.


Edit:

I feel most if not all of these software issues will get ironed out with the roll out of MIUI 12.5 for the Poco F3/Redmi K40.

Here are a list of the current issues:

- Overheating/false temperature report with apps the heavily utilize the GPU causing the screen to dim.
- Touch response delay.
- Uneven brightness slider, 300 nits at 85% while the rest of the 15% covers approximately 250 nits.
- 3rd party launcher gestures.
- DC dimming support, it's available in the developer options for Beta firmware but it's not stable according to Xiaomi.
- Screen tint at lower brightness levels (not isolated to Xiaomi phones, it's an OLED thing), can only be reduced with future updates.
- Low volume with 3.5mm adapter, has been improved with the latest update.
- Some phones taking longer to charge, not the less than 1 hour advertised charge times.
 
Last edited:

gregorevo

Member
Feb 13, 2015
23
8
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A1
Poco has acknowledged the issue and will send a OTA update to fix the issue next patch.

Hi, thanks for your answer,
The problem in my case is that an area of the touchscreen is completely unresponsive.
The specific area is shown in the screen recording that i have joined with my post. ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nemix77

Nemix77

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2011
74
33
I'm just waiting to order my Poco F3.

Xiaomi banned shipping to North America due to pandemic, at first I thought it was because of Trump's ban.

I want to see how the phone runs on Xiaomi.EU firmware which is based on the latest China firmware.

My hopes is it runs better than the Gobal firmware and MIUI 12.5 will fix up the rest of the problems when it's rolled out for the phone.

Currently, there's not other phone that has better value and specs for the price in 2021.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gregorevo

gregorevo

Member
Feb 13, 2015
23
8
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A1
I'm just waiting to order my Poco F3.

Xiaomi banned shipping to North America due to pandemic, at first I thought it was because of Trump's ban.

I want to see how the phone runs on Xiaomi.EU firmware which is based on the latest China firmware.

My hopes is it runs better than the Gobal firmware and MIUI 12.5 will fix up the rest of the problems when it's rolled out for the phone.

Currently, there's not other phone that has better value and specs for the price in 2021.
Dude, all of that is so true, but could you bring it to a general post, i'd like to only discuss the specific problem of my device here, thanks 🤗.
 
  • Like
Reactions: osemoka

gregorevo

Member
Feb 13, 2015
23
8
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Mi A1
Well... It seems that the issue is not here 100% of the time, i've shut down the device and now the problem is at least momentarily gone (but it was still there after a factory reset 🤔) perhaps it doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's always located in the same area though, so it's still possible that my device has a physical problem instead of just a software problem 🤔.
 

osemoka

Senior Member
May 13, 2013
176
22
Bydgoszcz
First time I hear of such issue. Have you tried to swipe that areas while charger plugged/unplugged? Sometimes the current make phones behave less responsive.
You must take under consideration apps you installed, miui optimization, launcher... screen protection. Try to switch view to horizontal and see what happens.
If I were you I would try to replace the phone if the issue can't be solved softwarely. As you said it works after reboot - hardware could not randomly pick that moment to work back again.
 

Nemix77

Senior Member
Nov 11, 2011
74
33
Seems to me most if not all of the problems on the Poco F3 are software/chipset optimization related.

I'm very anal about these things, this is why I avoided the Samsung S20 FE last year (hardware related ghost touches).

Been searching online for weeks now while I'm waiting to place my order for phone about issues, reviews and first impressions.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gregorevo

osemoka

Senior Member
May 13, 2013
176
22
Bydgoszcz
I'm using poco from Wednesday. Today right after I added the previous post I encountered this bug for the first time. How ironic. My down-left side of screen was inactive like in your example. Heck if I know what was that but reboot solved that. It was shortafter I got notification about mi screen recording app update. Coincidence? It looked like there was some invisible windows which covered some part of screen. Maybe this floating window mode I'm not familiar with too much.
 

tabish84

Senior Member
Mar 19, 2012
1,259
204
OnePlus 8T
I hope its a software issue but i bought a s20 fe and the phone was awesome but the problem was with the digitizer and i waited for 4 to 5 months as Samsung claims it was a software issue but actually it was a bad hardware.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nemix77

Top Liked Posts

  • There are no posts matching your filters.
  • 4
    If it was a hardware problem, the recording software should not be able to detect the touches as well.
    2
    Poco has acknowledged the issue and will send a OTA update to fix the issue next patch.


    Edit:

    I feel most if not all of these software issues will get ironed out with the roll out of MIUI 12.5 for the Poco F3/Redmi K40.

    Here are a list of the current issues:

    - Overheating/false temperature report with apps the heavily utilize the GPU causing the screen to dim.
    - Touch response delay.
    - Uneven brightness slider, 300 nits at 85% while the rest of the 15% covers approximately 250 nits.
    - 3rd party launcher gestures.
    - DC dimming support, it's available in the developer options for Beta firmware but it's not stable according to Xiaomi.
    - Screen tint at lower brightness levels (not isolated to Xiaomi phones, it's an OLED thing), can only be reduced with future updates.
    - Low volume with 3.5mm adapter, has been improved with the latest update.
    - Some phones taking longer to charge, not the less than 1 hour advertised charge times.
    1
    Poco has acknowledged the issue and will send a OTA update to fix the issue next patch.

    Hi, thanks for your answer,
    The problem in my case is that an area of the touchscreen is completely unresponsive.
    The specific area is shown in the screen recording that i have joined with my post. ^^
    1
    I'm just waiting to order my Poco F3.

    Xiaomi banned shipping to North America due to pandemic, at first I thought it was because of Trump's ban.

    I want to see how the phone runs on Xiaomi.EU firmware which is based on the latest China firmware.

    My hopes is it runs better than the Gobal firmware and MIUI 12.5 will fix up the rest of the problems when it's rolled out for the phone.

    Currently, there's not other phone that has better value and specs for the price in 2021.
    1
    I'm just waiting to order my Poco F3.

    Xiaomi banned shipping to North America due to pandemic, at first I thought it was because of Trump's ban.

    I want to see how the phone runs on Xiaomi.EU firmware which is based on the latest China firmware.

    My hopes is it runs better than the Gobal firmware and MIUI 12.5 will fix up the rest of the problems when it's rolled out for the phone.

    Currently, there's not other phone that has better value and specs for the price in 2021.
    Dude, all of that is so true, but could you bring it to a general post, i'd like to only discuss the specific problem of my device here, thanks 🤗.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone