[CONCEPT] Honeycomb-like lockscreen for Android 2.3

Search This thread

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
Looks amazing!

one suggestion: make it possible to extend the black transparent portion behind the info widget to either side. it would give it a nice finished look.

Haha that's almost exactly what I said! We must be on the same wavelength

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

frysee

Jul 10, 2008
a4584d38_Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Sick looks, subscribed. :cool:

Zalastax

Nov 8, 2010
Feature request

Nice!
I would like the feature to do different things in different directions. I.E start SMS or custom app in left, unlock phone in middle and silent in right. Order might need to change but you get the point.
Here is an image I created to visualize the idea:
lockscreenedited.png

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
I know, it's a pointless post, but this is an amazing concept. The definitive lockscreen if you ask me (especially if some customization will be possible later) !

Sometimes, some projects just need extra support. Can't wait to try it on my HD2. But don't rush it; we'll wait...;)

ricothronic

Apr 20, 2011
new york
Its a great idea. Very classy! It would be even better if instead of a semi-circle (on portrait mode) you could do a smaller full circle like the one on landscape. That allows you to show full unlocking and response to touch.

DelsaDj

Jan 3, 2009
very cool...
I made these mockup.. hope you like it :D
I've add the possibility of read notification and power management directly on lockscreen.

Tablet_Honeyc_mod_by_delsa_0.png
Tablet_Honeyc_mod_by_delsa.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyBiker

DannyBiker

Jul 10, 2010
Brussels
very cool...
I made these mockup.. hope you like it :D
I've add the possibility of read notification and power management directly on lockscreen.

Tablet_Honeyc_mod_by_delsa_0.png
Tablet_Honeyc_mod_by_delsa.png

This is a good idea indeed.
It would be nice to implement Music app controls as well, controls that would be hidden in case of notifications in that mock-up...

Rimher

Aug 20, 2010
Rome
This is a good idea indeed.
It would be nice to implement Music app controls as well, controls that would be hidden in case of notifications in that mock-up...
Yeah I agree, music controls in the lockscreen are always useful.
Also, since everything --from battery %, to connectivity, to time-- is visible, I'd hide the top bar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    I have designed a new honeycomb-like lockscreen (optimized for tablets in landscape mode and for smartphones - one handed usage in portrait mode), and I'd like to gather some feedback from you :)

This is not meant to be an exact copy of the original HC lockscreen: my goal is to offer a similar experience while also providing as much informations as possible and offering an option to use it fullscreen, without the statusbar.

[PROJECT STATUS]

Picard666 has done a fantastic job porting this concept to MIUI and now the project has been released at this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=19222707

CM integration is still pending.

[PICS]

Here are the latest mockups :)

Landscape (ontop of mad-murdock's CM7 tablet tweaks):

| |

Portrait:

| |
    Thanks for your feedback guys :)

My only suggesting would be to remove the shadowing behind the lockscreen info.

Do you mean the semi-transparent black background behind the info text?

I think this is a necessary feature as it's a huge plus for elements visibility. No matter what pic you choose as the background, you'll be able to read the infos without any troubles
    Very nice concept. I would love to see this incorporated onto CM. :)
    Wow, thanks guys! I really appreciate your feedback, this will make me and mad-murdock work even harder to make sure we'll deliver a top-quality lockscreen :D

We will definitely let you know any updates about the status of this project on this thread and on mad-murdock's thread. Keep on submitting your thoughts as I'm still planning some fine-tuning! :)

I'd also like to say thanks to mad-murdock. We did a great team work when we created Lense and Rotary Revamped and it's great to have the chance to work on this project together.

1) the unlock boundary circle should.d be invisible until you touch the lock button.
    2) on the phone version the semi circle needs to be abit smaller to make it easier to drag with one hand on the phone.

About point 1), once mad-murdock will start coding the lockscreen we'll definitely try to build such a feature, but we'll need to take into consideration multiple factors, including the amount of coding required and any performance impact.

About point 2), based on my tests I didn't had any trouble to unlock with one hand. I'll definitely double check this and I will change the semi circle radius if I'll find out any troubles during the drop to unlock phase.
    its planned as the last step of tablet tweaks 2 right now. can't link from phone right now, buy maybe add the link to first post, as I will link here instead of linking to the pictures

Morsed by hitting a plastic pipe with my Desire HD. Excuse typos.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone