• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CONFIRMED Official Lollipop 5.1 for Moto X 2013 [UPDATED 06-19-2015]

Search This thread

whgp

Feb 15, 2012
forum.xda-developers.com
You know, I thought that not having a removable battery and expandable memory would be big deal breaker for me but in reality, I really don't miss either thing too much. The battery life on the Moto X is a lot better than it was on my previous phone (which was a Samsung Galaxy S3). I got the 32GB version and with everything that I normally have on my phone, I end up having around 10GB free space after everything gets installed.

As for the delays, Here is my philosophy on that. It is what it is. Eventually, we'll get the lollipop update and I do believe that our patience will be rewarded here for us pretty soon. Just a gut feeling I have about it.

Cindy

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" model using Tapatalk

I agree in the first part of your words
what is the value we get the update and will come after just days newest update from him.

jamesino

Sep 30, 2012
I received an OTA on 05/29/15 today. The update was called Verizon 212.166.3.enus. I think it was around 10 mb in size. It is NOT the 5.1 Lollipop update.

I was a bit disappointed when I went through the RSDLite process of restoring my phone to stock and then upgrading and then discovering that it wasn't Lollipop.

But this means that my phone is ready for the OTA when it comes right?

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
So much whining and moaning. Geez, give it a break. We get it, you're upset because you can't have the latest update right gosh darn now. Boo hoo, get over it. It'll come when it comes. I don't really see what the big deal is?
I'm not even planning on updating, I'm still on 4.4 (Not 4.4.4) and I don't really see a reason to upgrade? My phone is perfectly fast & functional.

Maybe they're holding the update because of all the whining & complaining? The more you cry, the longer it takes, lol.

Last edited:

Meticode

Feb 17, 2011
That Verizon update was such a tease, I was pumped. Then it restarted my phone and I was like "You are f*cking kidding me?" Anyway, I hope the US gets it on Verizon in 1-2 months.

bbfoto

Oct 26, 2010
I'm so bummed. This update will be released just when my work is making me update my phone (only due to my job requirements, otherwise I would not switch...arrrgh)! I love this phone, it's the perfect size for me & does everything I could possibly ask of it without a hiccup, but now I have to put it up for sale...it's a Developer Edition 2013 Moto X 32gb Woven White Back XT1053 GSM model in MINT condition. I babied this phone so she's in beautiful condition. See my signature below and contact me via EMAIL only if you are interested.... bbfoto AT hotmail DOT com

Enjoy your LP update, Ladies & Gents! I'll be missing out unfortunately! :(

Last edited:

cindylike24

Sep 26, 2008
Vincennes, IN
I'm so bummed. This update will be released just when my work is making me update my phone (only due to my job requirements, otherwise I would not switch...arrrgh)! I love this phone, it's the perfect size for me & does everything I could possibly ask of it without a hiccup, but now I have to put it up for sale...it's a Developer Edition 2013 Moto X 32gb Woven White Back XT1053 GSM model in MINT condition. I babied this phone so she's in beautiful condition. See my signature below and contact me via EMAIL only if you are interested.... bbfoto AT hotmail DOT com

Enjoy your LP update, Ladies & Gents! I'll be missing out unfortunately! :(

Just curious. What phone are you updating to?

Cindy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweet. Can't wait to rock this in 2017!
    Source: David Schuster - https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/cV4vDyyMmw2

LATEST UPDATE [06-19-2015]

Full deployment has started for US Retail, Brazil Retail and Rogers in Canada.

Source: David Schuster - https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/bEVD4De32Uo

UPDATE [06-09-2015]

"I wanted to give a quick update on where we are with the Lollipop upgrades for the 2013 Moto X (1st Gen) devices.

We have started full soak testing in France and Germany retail this week with the expectation of full deployment next week if all goes well.

In addition, we have addressed an issue we found in a previous soak test and should start full soak testing in the US and Brazil for retail later this week. If all goes well, full deployment can happen the following week.

There were some questions about support for Lollipop upgrades from our carrier channels. We are in a number of the carrier labs now so we don't anticipate issues in getting the upgrades deployed. As you guys know.... the carrier channels typically take longer.

UPDATE: If all goes well with the soak testing this week we expect to start deployment for 2013 Moto X (1st gen) in India next week."

Source: David Schuster - https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/ETpoNrkmmrA

UPDATE [04-22-2015]

Due to the "leaks" about 5.1 "updates rolling out" in Brazil, here's some trusted words in regard to 5.1 current state:

"We're still in testing. We'll post something in the parked comments when it moves to the Soak stage and then again when full deployment happens. Don't always believe what you read online."

Source: Motorola Forums Manager (Mark).
    Here is twrp backup of 5.1 . I upload it that you don't mess your boot loader and modem.
    Works perfect with my xt1052

Use TWRP 2.8.5.0 and restore system and boot
    Erase data cache and dalvik cache

https://mega.co.nz/#!zMZ2mCLQ!tOcVdbj4uaIEKvhVR320RXRyr3HklXS4Cq3NtbrMFkM

Enjoy!
    For anyone who doesn't want to edit the updater-script or is not comfortable with flashing an update, I've made a TWRP backup.

222.21.15_ghost_US
    XT1053 Developer Edition OTA (4.4.4 to 5.1)
    https://goo.gl/BHVIdj