• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

CONFIRMED Official Lollipop 5.1 for Moto X 2013 [UPDATED 06-19-2015]

Search This thread

aledex

Oct 28, 2010
Veneto
Good news everyone!
For those who were wondering, "no notification mod" actually works as the good old silent mode. In other words, it's still possibile to receive notifications while the phone is completely silent :D Hurray, what a world to live in! :cyclops:
So yes, we (at least) didn't lost this feature (which Google inexplicably took away, for reason evidently known only to some programmer who must have thought it was a fantastic idea).

Last edited:
Reactions: Delichi

marmis85

Feb 27, 2012
Good news everyone!
For those who were wondering, "no notification mod" actually works as the good old silent mode. In other words, it's still possibile to receive notifications while the phone is completely silent :D Hurray, what a world to live in! :cyclops:
So yes, we (at least) didn't lost this feature (which Google inexplicably took away, for reason evidently known only to some programmer who must have thought it was a fantastic idea).

I think you are referring to the "Priority Mode" right? Because in "No Notifications Mode" you are gonna oversleep if you use your phone as an alarm clock XD
Once you get the hang of it, I think it's actually more stupid the lack of a "no vibration" step in the volume slider xD

stealtheye

Jan 14, 2015
Awww man, seems the /s tag was broken again. Without it, you can rely on people to miss sarcasm.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

That's it for me then, no Lollipop on my Moto X. Without that feature, I might as well go back to my Xperia Z3 Compact (and its buggy 5.0).

Well like a lot of non English users I took is at that and not sarcasm. But anyway. A winking smily would have done the trick though. Not my fault...

aledex

Oct 28, 2010
Veneto
I think you are referring to the "Priority Mode" right? Because in "No Notifications Mode" you are gonna oversleep if you use your phone as an alarm clock XD
Once you get the hang of it, I think it's actually more stupid the lack of a "no vibration" step in the volume slider xD

No I'm referring to the "no notification" mode, yes the alarm clock doesn't work. And yep, this "new feature" of Lollipop is pretty stupid, no doubt about it!

Reactions: lolcopter

Kustaa

Jun 14, 2012
Mendoza
Hopefully these are good news
Cause the definition of "soon" is "too far away" for Moto....

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Free mobile app
Well, at least he didn't use the word 'soon', instead he said "next week" haha.
I don't really understand the part of the issue adressed and the full soaking for Brazil, it means there will be another build number?

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
I found this...
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2xVHD7cGfVmL/MOTO-X-UNL-ONLY-5.1-222.21.15-BR.zip
I've no idea about the source of that, I've downloaded and it seems a "complete" image of the 5.1 222.21.15 Brazil firmware to be flashed by RSD or fastboot, I don't know. If someone wants to take a look, there you have.
I'm not responsible for what you can do with that, and I've not tried that neither.
This appears to be "home made" based on the individual parts inside, and the edited XML.

Not sure exactly what/where each part is from... i.e. the GPT.BIN and *.MBN files have OLD date dates, only the SYSTEM.IMG has a "current" file date, and the XML (which was edited, so yeah, more current date).

I wouldn't trust it.

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
What is the "wave to wake" that everybody is complaining about being removed? My phone has never done that.

Are you referring to the proximity sensor that detects taking the phone out of your pocket? If you cover the screen for a second and then remove your hand it'll wake up. That's not quite "wave to wake", but that's the closest thing my phone has ever had to "wave to wake".

Can anyone show me where this was advertised as a feature? I only remember it being advertised for detecting when removed from the pocket. I'm pretty sure I would have been using this since the beginning if it was a thing. I always found it easier just to tap the surface the phone is sitting on. The vibrations wake the phone up. Faster & easier than waving.

Last edited:

Kustaa

Jun 14, 2012
Mendoza
What is the "wave to wake" that everybody is complaining about being removed? My phone has never done that.

Are you referring to the proximity sensor that detects taking the phone out of your pocket? If you cover the screen for a second and then remove your hand it'll wake up. That's not quite "wave to wake", but that's the closest thing my phone has ever had to "wave to wake".

Can anyone show me where this was advertised as a feature? I only remember it being advertised for detecting when removed from the pocket. I'm pretty sure I would have been using this since the beginning if it was a thing. I always found it easier just to tap the surface the phone is sitting on. The vibrations wake the phone up. Faster & easier than waving.
Well, you just have to...wave...the hand...over the moto, and that's pretty much all. It works, and it may be easier than tilting the device or hitting the table lol

Edit: actually make sure to wave over the proximity sensor. But you don't need to hold the hand there, just wave over quickly.

Kustaa

Jun 14, 2012
Mendoza
This appears to be "home made" based on the individual parts inside, and the edited XML.

Not sure exactly what/where each part is from... i.e. the GPT.BIN and *.MBN files have OLD date dates, only the SYSTEM.IMG has a "current" file date, and the XML (which was edited, so yeah, more current date).

I wouldn't trust it.
Thanks for the time and the clarification!

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
Well, you just have to...wave...the hand...over the moto, and that's pretty much all. It works, and it may be easier than tilting the device or hitting the table lol

Edit: actually make sure to wave over the proximity sensor. But you don't need to hold the hand there, just wave over quickly.

What version does this work on? I'm on 4.4 and it does not do this.

Also, hitting the table is easier, because I don't have to be in arm's length to activate the screen.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweet. Can't wait to rock this in 2017!
    Source: David Schuster - https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/cV4vDyyMmw2

LATEST UPDATE [06-19-2015]

Full deployment has started for US Retail, Brazil Retail and Rogers in Canada.

Source: David Schuster - https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/bEVD4De32Uo

UPDATE [06-09-2015]

"I wanted to give a quick update on where we are with the Lollipop upgrades for the 2013 Moto X (1st Gen) devices.

We have started full soak testing in France and Germany retail this week with the expectation of full deployment next week if all goes well.

In addition, we have addressed an issue we found in a previous soak test and should start full soak testing in the US and Brazil for retail later this week. If all goes well, full deployment can happen the following week.

There were some questions about support for Lollipop upgrades from our carrier channels. We are in a number of the carrier labs now so we don't anticipate issues in getting the upgrades deployed. As you guys know.... the carrier channels typically take longer.

UPDATE: If all goes well with the soak testing this week we expect to start deployment for 2013 Moto X (1st gen) in India next week."

Source: David Schuster - https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/ETpoNrkmmrA

UPDATE [04-22-2015]

Due to the "leaks" about 5.1 "updates rolling out" in Brazil, here's some trusted words in regard to 5.1 current state:

"We're still in testing. We'll post something in the parked comments when it moves to the Soak stage and then again when full deployment happens. Don't always believe what you read online."

Source: Motorola Forums Manager (Mark).
    Here is twrp backup of 5.1 . I upload it that you don't mess your boot loader and modem.
    Works perfect with my xt1052

Use TWRP 2.8.5.0 and restore system and boot
    Erase data cache and dalvik cache

https://mega.co.nz/#!zMZ2mCLQ!tOcVdbj4uaIEKvhVR320RXRyr3HklXS4Cq3NtbrMFkM

Enjoy!
    For anyone who doesn't want to edit the updater-script or is not comfortable with flashing an update, I've made a TWRP backup.

222.21.15_ghost_US
    XT1053 Developer Edition OTA (4.4.4 to 5.1)
    https://goo.gl/BHVIdj