confused, cannot flash TWRP

Search This thread

flyingjack

Nov 20, 2008
Strange, maybe I am missing something but not aware of what...

I've been on Revolution OS and as being curious I gave Android Q a try....means, I flashed "Q" successfully yesterday -through Mi flashing tool- but wasn't happy at all, therefore I went back to Global Dev (again via Mi Flashing tool) to reinstall Revoultion.....Regardless of which TWRP version I' am trying to flash, even after Fastboot is indicating a successful TWRP flash I am not able to access the Recovery. Trying to use adb reboot recovery ends-up in the stock recovery....also fastboot boot recovery.img dosn't help....

:confused::confused:

even trying to flash the TWRP version I used to install Revolution recerntly does not work.

Last edited:

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009

I've been on Revolution OS and as being curious I gave Android Q a try....means, I flashed "Q" successfully yesterday -through Mi flashing tool- but wasn't happy at all, therefore I went back to Global Dev (again via Mi Flashing tool) to reinstall Revoultion.....Regardless of which TWRP version I' am trying to flash, even after Fastboot is indicating a successful TWRP flash I am not able to access the Recovery. Trying to use adb reboot recovery ends-up in the stock recovery....also fastboot boot recovery.img dosn't help....

even trying to flash the TWRP version I used to install Revolution recerntly does not work.

What I've found is normal commands to boot into recovery do not work for this phone. Boot into fastboot, flash recovery then use volume up and power combination to boot into recovery. Hopefully that will get you back in.

Kaeru Sapporo

Jul 13, 2015

I escaped from the FASTBOOT loop by flashing the FASTBOOT ROM using command.:)

ROM I used
cepheus_global_images_V10.2.6.0.PFAMIX_20190327.0000.00_9.0_global_9cc39b4570.tgz

The command I used

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash dummy dummy.img
fastboot flash logo logo.img
fastboot flash metadata metadata.img
fastboot flash misc misc.img
fastboot flash persist persist.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What I've found is normal commands to boot into recovery do not work for this phone. Boot into fastboot, flash recovery then use volume up and power combination to boot into recovery. Hopefully that will get you back in.

I escaped from the FASTBOOT loop by flashing the FASTBOOT ROM using command.:)

ROM I used
    cepheus_global_images_V10.2.6.0.PFAMIX_20190327.0000.00_9.0_global_9cc39b4570.tgz

The command I used

fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash cache cache.img
    fastboot flash cust cust.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot flash dummy dummy.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.img
    fastboot flash metadata metadata.img
    fastboot flash misc misc.img
    fastboot flash persist persist.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img

fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot reboot
    Finally I found a TWRP version that is working (3.3.0-0423 by wzsx150 -thx mate!) and got back to Revolution OS!!

Thx also for your support!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone