• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

:confused: ONE thing you HATE about the Fold?

Search This thread

_sC

Aug 29, 2016
if you HAD to pick one Negative about the phone, what would it be?

amongst the list of things i don't like, i must choose the one thing i use every single day, multiple times a day.

the POWER Button.
my previous device (huawei mate 20x), had a taught power button which didn't wiggle around, satisfying click when pressed, and for a bonus, textured and colored.

the Fold: aside from failing to combine the Power button and the Fingerprint Scanner, the power button on the Fold is just like any other Galaxy device: cheap, thin, loose, and mushy to press.

anyone else have something that erks them using the phone daily?

lostOzone

Jan 15, 2008
I have problems with the fingerprint reader. I misplace my finger a lot. I miss FaceID it was so much smoother.
I don't use the button. I double tap the screen instead.

skinnytoo2

Oct 22, 2007
The front screen sucks. I can't text, email on it. It's so small. I love My fold, but the front screen kills me!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

gman901

Feb 11, 2011
Thanks, it worked for a lot of my apps except Flipboard. For some reason it keeps acting like a phone app even when I set it to 952 dpi.

_sC

Aug 29, 2016
The front screen sucks. I can't text, email on it. It's so small. I love My fold, but the front screen kills me!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

here is something almost everyone doesn't think about when wishing for an edge to edge, top to bottom, front display:

how much imbalance it would create on the phone. one handed use would be completely be gone.

- for someone not using a launcher: reaching up top to swipe down notification shade
- whether using standard navigation buttons, or using edge swiping: imagine reaching all the way down just to hit he navigation area
- people who use swipe one handed for text, it actually is perfect ergonomically the way it is now.
- not everyone has big hands

during and even before the Fold presentation almost a year ago, everyone was criticizing the front screen size without thinking about it in depth, and people STILL criticize it in newer videos, made 2 or 3 months ago.
all they see is bezel and think "its 2019/2020, wtf are we doing with huge bezels?!?!?"

i hope samsung doesn't listen to all these brainless people moaning and groaning about screen to body ratio % in their next folding tablet device.

Mr6P

Dec 21, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
What DPI did you set it too?

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

here is something almost everyone doesn't think about when wishing for an edge to edge, top to bottom, front display:

how much imbalance it would create on the phone. one handed use would be completely be gone.

- for someone not using a launcher: reaching up top to swipe down notification shade
- whether using standard navigation buttons, or using edge swiping: imagine reaching all the way down just to hit he navigation area
- people who use swipe one handed for text, it actually is perfect ergonomically the way it is now.
- not everyone has big hands

during and even before the Fold presentation almost a year ago, everyone was criticizing the front screen size without thinking about it in depth, and people STILL criticize it in newer videos, made 2 or 3 months ago.
all they see is bezel and think "its 2019/2020, wtf are we doing with huge bezels?!?!?"

i hope samsung doesn't listen to all these brainless people moaning and groaning about screen to body ratio % in their next folding tablet device.

Actually the front screen doesn't have to be all the front, but it definitely needs to be wider. It's just to narrow to write fast and without issues. It works, but it's cumbersome. I mostly swipe or dictate because typing is too annoying ?

To your main question, one thing I hate about the Fold:

There are some things which could be better, like the fingerprint reader integrated into the power button, no notch, S-Pen support, wider front screen, glass screen, IP ratings, faster charging (like Note10+) and much much more... but there's just 1 thing which really annoys me: the selfie cameras. They're all ****ty. Even compared to S7 until Note10+ it's just ****. The can't focus on something you tap. All Samsung flagships can do it. It's so ****ty I don't take any selfies anymore. Even using GCam doesn't change anything because it's a hardware thing. To be honest, they could have added the Note10 selfie cam on the small front and no other cameras. They could also remove the notch since the cameras are very bad ?

Top Liked Posts